• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vitet

Oct 31, 2017
Valencia, Spain
So I was remembering the intro to the second season of Lost and I think it's one of the most breathtaking moment I had watching a series.

It justs put you on a strange setting, you may think it's a flashback, then just starts putting little details but without giving away too much information: doesn't show yet the numbers when Desmond types in, doesn't show Desmond hair or figure at the beginning so you may think it's one of the people you know, it shows old apparel, a vinyl player, the injection, the Dharma logo... and then the explosion happens and you start to realize that's familiar with the last season finale, and it transports you to the same Jack and John scene from it.

This with the wonderful music, the editing, the takes... it justs hit a nerve in me and I remember I played it sometimes more back in the day to grasp everything I could.

Other honorable mentions for me are also:

Stargate 7th season with Daniel reappearing.
Battlestar Galactica 4th season with all the shit happening and Col. Tigh imagines doing THAT.
The Boys Pilot, I know it just started, but the first scene showing the heroes doing super things and the the couple with the speedster just destroys your expectations.

Any favorites?

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Yep me too. That cold open was amazing. You thought it was somewhere else entirely at first.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Buffy Season 5. Buffy's sister, Dawn, is just... there, like she's been there all along. When she didn't even exist in previous seasons. It's so good.

Wish I could find a good vid of it.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not quite the intro, but the landing scene in the first ep of Aldnoah Zero basically sold everyone who saw it on the anime.

... too bad the rest didn't live up to the hype

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Season 3 was the one that started with the Others and the plane crash, right? That one was pretty good, but S2's was better, because it came completely out of nowhere.

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
The Americans had two great ones:
Season 5: The John Huguesque high school scene with Devo's That's Good, culminating with the Jenningses having a Vietnamese son out of nowhere. The whole thing is WTF.
Season 6: The fantastic 4-minute "Don't dream it's over" montage, summarizing the previous 2-3 years.

OP
OP
Vitet

Vitet

Oct 31, 2017
Valencia, Spain
Season 3 was the one that started with the Others and the plane crash, right? That one was pretty good, but S2's was better, because it came completely out of nowhere.

Yes, it was also amazing, but was a play on the second season start, with the music on the CD player and someone waking up. Was good for the parallelisms but didn't have the novelty of the second season one.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Season 2 of Venture Bros. The first season ends with the brothers getting killed and Dr. Venture seemingly going through a rough depression.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mr. Robot Season 4

Season 4 starts off with a usual "Previously on Mr. Robot" to catch people up, it goes over a scene that happened near the end of the last episode of Season 3... then it keeps going, and you start to wonder "huh, did I forget parts of the scene?". Until you realize halfway through the scene you're not in a recap, they are continuing the same scene from Season 3, and by the time you realize this scene isn't old material you start to get the feeling that something bad might happen, which is around the time two hitman walk up to one of the main characters of the show in said scene and blow their brains out unceremoniously.

All within the first five minutes of the first episode.