• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright Era help me out here. Free or paid, doesn't matter, need some games on my Android, help me out with suggestions. Thank you.

MrMegaMill

Nov 28, 2017
Gotta be Fire Emblem Heroes.

They give away a LOT of summoning Orbs, there is a huge variety of characters and events are always going on!

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You can get Ghost Trick on Mobile.

Ghost Trick is one of the best games of all time.

Ergo, get Ghost Trick.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/ghost-trick-phantom-detective/id489113377?mt=8

The first 2 chapters are free if you want to feel the game to see if it's for you, then you can either pay for chapter packs or all the chapters in one for the low price of $10.

EDIT: Android huh? Hmm, need to read up if you can get Ghost Trick on an Android store...

Still, get Ghost Trick regardless.

OP
OP
DFG

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta be Fire Emblem Heroes.

They give away a LOT of summoning Orbs, there is a huge variety of characters and events are always going on!
Didn't know this was on mobile. Getting it.
You can get Ghost Trick on Mobile.

Ghost Trick is one of the best games of all time.

Ergo, get Ghost Trick.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/ghost-trick-phantom-detective/id489113377?mt=8

The first 2 chapters are free if you want to feel the game to see if it's for you, then you can either pay for chapter packs or all the chapters in one for the low price of $10.
Doesn't seem like it's on Play Store. Shame, wanted to play that back then but couldn't find a copy.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fire Emblem Heroes is my main smartphone timewaster nowadays. Sure, it's gacha, but they give out the currency needed for summoning units like candy. I've been having fun with it as a F2P player for over a year now, building up different units and giving them different skills/weapons.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Theotown is basically a free mobile Simcity. You build everything, and there's no need to wait X amount of minutes while you turn off your phone. I mean, there is a small time frame for some buildings to appear, but at most it's around a minute. Most builds go up within seconds.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Threes is still good after all these years. Very polished and charming presentation, super addicting gameplay.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Anything honestly as long as it's fun.
Action:
  • Leap Day
  • Pako 2
  • Downwell
  • Tomb of the Mask
  • Tower Fortress
Card:
  • Solitairica
  • Guild of Dungeoneering
  • Night of the Full Moon
  • Age of Rivals
RPG:
  • Crashlands
  • Cat Quest
  • Ticket to Earth
  • Kingdom New Lands
RTS:
  • Iron Marines
  • XCom Enemy Unknown
  • Battle of Polytopia
  • Planar Conquest
Puzzle:
  • Tiny Bubbles
  • The Room: Old Sins
  • Monument Valley 2
  • Florence

AdamOwski

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really into Marvel Strike Force right now. Free to play. Unlock Marvel characters as you play. Has guilds and raids that you can participate in. It plays like an RPG.

Before that I was into the Sim City Mobile game and before that Fire Emblem. All are pretty good.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Downwell
Horizon Chase
Street Fighter IV Champion Edition
Lost Frontier
Kingdom Rush series
Battle of Polytopia
Prince of Persia Shadow & Flame (not sure if still available)
Reckless Racing 2
Sonic CD
Pac Man Championship Edition

These are more traditional games, I'm not really into always online "GaaS" mobile stuff myself.

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
Million Onion Hotel

Part Time UFO

Slayaway Camp (and/or Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle)

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Blackwell 1, 2 and 3.
Gemini Rue
Shivah

All fantastic adventure games that deserve more love.

There's also more well known adventure games like Her Story, Grim Fandango, Oxenfree, Thimbleweed Park, Ace Attorney and a ton more. For me classic point and click adventure games are one of the few classic genres that really works well on mobile despite not being designed for it. And a lot of them are relatively cheap too, at or well under $10.

EdgeXL

Oct 27, 2017
California
Slayaway Camp

Star Command

Virtua Tennis

Neon Shadow

2Bit Cowboy

A Normal Lost Phone

Stellar Wanderer

Final Fantasy IV

Franbow

Manos The Hands of Fate

Kamiyouni

Oct 30, 2017
My top 3 RPG are :
  • Honkai Impact
  • Pokémon Duel
  • Fire Emblem Heroes
But if you're looking for less gacha, Mario Run and Part-Time UFO are good. There's one time fees.

If you're looking for Rhythm games Bang Dream! Is new and good. I like their anime covers.