• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By this time last year, we had the OST Nier Automata and Persona 5, two of the best OSTs to hit gaming in years. What are some good OSTs that have come out in this year's crop of games?

Appollowexx

Oct 27, 2017
God of War has to be up there.

Edit - I also agree with others that Detroit's OST was incredible too.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Shadow of the Colossus (totally foreseeable) and God of War had absolutely beautiful, evocative and memorable soundtracks.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Shadow of the Colossus almost feels like cheating but its fucking beautiful

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
God of War, Shadow of the Colossus, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. Monster Hunter would've been here if it had more tracks.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
God of War.

From what I hear Detroit is also amazing.

Shadow of the Colossus doesnt count.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
Shadow of the Colossus has the greatest OST of all time

For original game God of War is brilliant

Zippro

May 20, 2018
No game this year so far has had anything special and most of the standout ones amount to generic high-fantasy garbage or generic anime garbage. Even the new Kirby, Monster Hunter, and God of War fall into that camp. I don't recall anything from Yakuza 6 either. It's just been a year of "meh" music. I wanted to say Celeste, but I've got nothing there either. I dunno, maybe Spider-Man and Pokemon'll have some good music, but so far nothing this year's caught my ear.

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This will sound weird but sushi striker has some awesome music from the demo. Technically releases in a week, but people should check it out if they haven't.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
Shadow of the Colossus if we count remasters,God of War if we count new games. Not that I've played that many this year

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The Civilisation Soundtracks always get overlooked on the whole - perhaps because of the sheer volume of tracks that you will never hear playing the game - but they are always absolutely stunning.

I know Christopher Tin is thought of as "the Civ guy", but Geoff Knorr's work on 5 and 6 is frankly amazing. He deserves at least as much credit.

Last edited:

JarlRaven

Nov 8, 2017
Far Cry 5's OST was remarkably strong and immensely elevated the overall experience.

Last edited:

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Shadow of the Colossus and Donkey Kong don't count.

I haven't even played the game yet but Celeste

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I can't give Monster Hunter the nod because we don't have Zinogre's theme anymore.

That said, the remix of Teostra's theme is really good.

Whiskeyjack

Oct 27, 2017
From the games I have played so far, my pick would be God of War. I bought the OST right after I finished the game.