• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
I was thinking of buying something on the Japanese PSN, but Play-Asia is the only place I know of that sells codes. They want want $52 for a 5000 yen PSN card (which is like $46 according to the current exhange rate), which I'm willing to pay if I have to but I'd rather buy somewhere else if there's a reputable seller that's cheaper.

Prophane33

Oct 25, 2017
尾張国
I've never had a problem with play-asia, and I've bought at least 300 dollars in PSN codes from them. Usually get my code within a minute (there has been one or two times when I've had to wait upwards of 5-10 minutes but it's super rare).

The markup kind of sucks, but it's what you have to deal with unless you just want to buy physical games off Amazon Japan (which I tend to do when things are on sale). Unlike Nintendo's eShop (which takes foreign credit cards through the 3DS) there is no way to get a 1:1 conversion rate on Sony's digital games, sadly.

Oct 27, 2017
Giving this a quick bump. Any more suggestions? The two sites above seem sketchy, and play Asia is all over the place,
price wise. Can you not buy cards from Amazon japan?

Oct 27, 2017
I just used japancodesupply.com/ to get a card to buy Ketsui and ESP RaDe Psi. They sell 5000 JPY codes for $52 which is one of the smaller markups I've seen, and I got the code in just a few minutes.

They might have to verify your info the first time you buy, but other than that they are both cheap and quick.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Play Asia has always done me right but I'll keep an eye on this thread in case anything else better pops up

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
bumping this to see if anyone had anymore recommendations. I used to use japancodesupply but they seem to be all sold out and play Asia only has $100 codes

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Japan Code Supply has always been my goto place for Japanese PSN/eShop/iOS cards. Been using them for years and haven't had a problem. After the first couple of purchases they're always super fast

Edit: Totally sold out too on anything PSN lol, didn't see the bump