• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Best western comedy animated series since The Simpsons?

• Archer

Votes: 53 8.7%
  • Adventure Time

Votes: 34 5.6%
  • Rick and Morty

Votes: 170 28.0%
  • Bojack Horseman

Votes: 165 27.1%
  • Gravity Falls

Votes: 36 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 150 24.7%

• Total voters

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Decided to make this since I'm on season 3 of Bojack Horseman and it's easily the best American animated comedy series I've watched since early-to-mid 90s Simpsons.

Tried including stuff people would probably think of, but am also expecting "how can you not include...?" responses. (Family Guy?)

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Out of the ones you listed, Bojack Horseman has been the most consistently good in a harrowing, depressing sort of way ever since they got over the growing pains of the first half of the first season. It's also incredibly rewatchable, I've already rewatched it in full like three or four times. Gravity Falls is a close second.

Not only are they fucking great animated shows, they're some of my favorite shows of the 2010s, period.

e: I wouldn't compare either to something like Simpsons at all, though

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
It's Gumball.

BabyishFirsthandAlbertosaurus-size_restricted.gif

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What's that space based one that I keep hearing being lauded.

Not Rick and Morty, not Futurama. It's recent.

Edit: It's Final Space. How is this?

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Venture Bros hands down. I like Rick & Morty a lot too. But yeah, Bob's Burger is pretty fantastic as well!
Archer had it's moments, but got really stale, and kinda bad the last few seasons.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Family Guy and American Dad at their prime were the best, and it's not even a contest. They produced so much iconic and memorable content that truly only pales in comparison with The Simpsons. Stuff like Rick & Morty and Bojack have recency on their side, and thus being heavily connected to the current meme culture, but they have nowhere near the staying value the early McFarlane stuff had.

Wooden Robot

Oct 27, 2017
Bob's Burgers. They deliver solid episodes on a regular schedule, while some of the others mentioned here are very good, they are very sporadic with content.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I picked Rick & Morty but there're so many good shows nowadays.

- Bobs Burgers
- Big Mouth
- Gumball

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bojack Horseman is straight up one of the best shows I've ever watched.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bojack hits some pretty spectacular highs but the humor has always been all over the place and is sometimes way too manic for its own good.

Rick and Morty doesn't hit those same types of emotional notes but the humor has consistently been solid gold for three seasons now.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
BoJack, while good is more drama than comedy I think.
Rick & Morty and Big Mouth are up there imo.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
South Park is the only one I can think of that comes close (and surprisingly it's not on the poll despite being much more influential than all the poll choices).

Edit: now that I think of it, Regular Show blows everything out of the water imo.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
South Park and Family Guy were better to me since I was a kid during peak Simpsons and a teen/adult during peak South Park and Family Guy. The Simpsons was/is a little too family friendly for my sense of humor.

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
How can you make this poll without Futurama?

Rick and Morty is close but doesn't have Futurama's heart

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
Lol no Futurama? And no South Park?

Awful poll

Next from OP:
Favorite soda?
RC Cola
Walmart Brand Tab
Caffiene Free Diet Dr. Thunder

Oct 28, 2017
Unpopular opinion, but I don't find Bojack to be well written at all.

Case in point, the episode with no dialogue was the best that show had.

dirtyjane

Oct 27, 2017
Adventure Time for me, especially the adventure themed episodes wich do not connect to the overarching plot were my favorites.