• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Best western comedy animated series since The Simpsons?

• Archer

Votes: 53 8.7%
  • Adventure Time

Votes: 34 5.6%
  • Rick and Morty

Votes: 170 28.0%
  • Bojack Horseman

Votes: 165 27.1%
  • Gravity Falls

Votes: 36 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 150 24.7%

• Total voters

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I really like all the shows in the poll, but I gave my vote to Gravity Falls because I knew it'd be an underdog.

The number of people citing American Dad is depressing.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
King of the hill and futurama for sure. An argument could be made for american dad and family guy but I'm not going to make it. Kind of strange seeing R&M leading the poll, I like the show but feel it hasn't had enough seasons to judge it with the heavy hitters yet.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Having seen those in the poll, I say Bojack because it sticks with me the longest for both its humor and its depressing themes. But all of those (and many mentioned here) are really good though so it's worth checking out all of those series.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still love adventure time. Me and my son still watch it once in awhile. Sucks the quality fell off big time the last couple of seasons.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Futurama for me. Pre revival Futurama was fucking brillaint. There's also a handful of good episodes in the latest seasons.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
American Dad

I just watched the Nighthawks Hideaway episode and it's pretty much the best thing I've seen on TV all year.

fargodog

Banned
Feb 24, 2019
It's probably Bojack, though the comedy in Bojack is maybe the weakest part of the show.

Family Guy undoubtedly has some very, very funny moments and sequences but took a dive into being rote and mean spirited five or six seasons in.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Bob's Burgers has some great episodes, but it also has MANY that are "meh" at best. And its not even like a scenario where there are clearly seasons that are basically perfect and others that are bad, they're scattershot all over the place. I can't give it to Bobby's B's no matter how much I like it.

Nov 28, 2017
1. Rick and Morty
2. Archer
3. South Park
4. Bojack
5. Futurama

I'm sure there are more good ones, but I cannot find enough time to see them all.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
voted gravity falls, kinda shocked it i'm in a minority
did people not enjoy the second season? only watched the first and thought it was fantastic

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Awful list to omit King of the Hill for some of that crap

Bojack became a one note slog really quick too tbh. I guess Rick and Morty out of that list. Although Archer had some good early seasons

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
It's bobs burger.

Especially since it's a similar type of show. I think I like it more than peak simpsons even.

Deleted member 47942

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2018
I'm partial to Venture Bros. What started as a parody of Johnny Quest has slowly snowballed into a brilliant show with arguably the most fleshed-out character development in western animation.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Bojack for sure. It has been so consistently good throughout its run, and it's more thoughtful than pretty much any other animated series I've seen.

The middle seasons of Archer are close. While I really enjoy Rick and Morty, we've been getting diminishing returns every season. Never been able to get into Venture Brothers, despite trying many times. Futurama and Bob's Burgers are enjoyable, but they're not as... I don't know... clever as I'd like? It feels like a crime to say that about Futurama, but it's what my heart says.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
Its probaly Gravity Falls (and it gets my vote) but its just too light and kid friendly to replace the simpsons I think.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Lack of Futurama love in here but that would be my choice. Futurama, South Park and R&M possibly.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Bojack strikes such a perfect and precarious balance between silly, satirical comedy and more surprisingly human drama, all wrapped up in a animal themed package that delights in silly puns and visual gags tucked away in every scene.

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Where is spongebob representation?

I consider theses to be at least "on par" with classic Simpsons.

Spongebob Seasons 1-3.
South Park Seasons 3-8.
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Seasons 1-4.
Rick and Morty
Futurama Seasons 1-4.

I've not seen Bojack Horsman or Bob's Burgers.... I need to watch them asap.

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
The poll options skipped over a decade worth of contenders, which makes me confused why Simpsons is the measuring stick.

Either way my answer is Gravity Falls, but even though Gravity Falls is my personal choice, seeing it included instead of South Park, King of the Hill, Futurama, MacFarlane shows, etc seems odd.

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
PeePooDo & The Super Fuck Friends

You know....there's something to do this.

But I guess it depends on what you're looking for. I think Adventure time is best when it's not trying to be funny, same with Bojack and Final Space.

Probably Bob's Burgers, though they seem to be spinning their wheels quite a bit in the more recent seasons.

And if we're including anime, Nichijou is still like...top three sketch comedy shows of all time, animated or otherwise.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
These are better

Bojack and South Park In its prime

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
LiOVbEs.gif