• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Much as I prefer online gaming at the comfort of my home, I do miss having more intimate (not in that way...well, maybe, who knows) gaming sessions with people, be it couch co-op or local fighting games. I do have peeps and family members I hang out with and we'll usually crack open Tekken or Street Fighter, but there's lots of other multiplayer games that don't jive with their interests.

That's why if there was a weekend hangout, be it a bar or someone's hosted place of whatever, it could be a potential way to have more multiplayer experiences and maybe meet some new friends.

I only know about meetup.org, and the few times I've tried it out, the local clubs listed would meet at oddball times (like, Wednesdays at the evening), which is even less appealing now that I have an 8-5 job. I know it's a case of YMMV, but if there are other avenues I could check that I don't know about, kindly share them with me.

OP
OP
SOLDIER

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bumping to see if perhaps this wasn't the best place to ask, and if there's a dedicated thread somewhere for this sort of thing.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Been meaning to try this way, but how does it work? I despise Facebook's interface. Is there a category where I could browse, or is using the search bar better?

For experience, just search the name of an specific game and see if it has your city or country.

For me is easy since my country is small compared to the USA, but is still worth a shot

ABEZ23

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Yeah facebook works better for small towns.. I live in south Texas and it does wonders for the smash community!