• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 2, 2017
Gotta be rare replay right? Even if you think of Humble Bundles you can get 3 or 4 games for a penny, rare replay can be purchased for as low as £5. 30 games for £5, that's what, 16 pence each? Crazy value.

Also shout out to the orange box. 5 games isn't nearly as great value, but its insanely cheap now and all 5 games are outstanding.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Halo MCC, Mario All Stars + World, TLoZ Collector's Edition, Metroid Prime Trilogy to name a few.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Probably won't count, but a Gamepass subscription right now is offering almost unparalleled gaming value per £.

Evil Lucario

Feb 16, 2019
Metroid Prime Trilogy for me. You simply don't have anything else like Metroid Prime in any capacity. Even 10 years later.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
KH 1.5 + 2.5 HD on PS4 is already great. About 200h on content for 60 bucks and that's without most of the side stuff.

Oct 27, 2017
It would be a compilation like Rare Replay or the Sega Mega Drive Collection, because they contain dozens of games with many classics apiece. Although The Master Chief Collection is pretty amazing value considering it includes all multiplayer too and is getting Reach added soon. Assuming they've finally fixed everything, which I think they have.

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
One and only

5bd82c09a09cd5c6e2042e58.jpg

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
8UJ0jae.png

For $38.72 I got:

- 1... 2... 3... KICK IT!
- AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent
- AudioSurf
- BIT.TRIP BEAT
- Cogs
- Defense Grid: The Awakening
- Killing Floor
- RUSH
- Super Meat Boy
- The Ball
- The Wonderful End of the World
- Toki Tori

But that was just the start. It also got me a fun ARG to play in advance of Portal 2, access to the game a couple hours early, and because I completed the ARG, the entire Valve games library up until that point, including a second copy of Portal 2 which I gave to a friend.

Gakidou

Oct 30, 2017
pip pip cheerio fish & chips
I didn't even know these things existed.

They were basically made up of like freeware indie games, demos, and the free episodes of shareware titles from back in the days when companies like id, apogee and epic megagames would pass around 1/3 of their games for free and hope people would buy the remaining 2 chapters by mail order. The original DLC.

On that note, I also remember getting a really good deal with an apogee compilation in a humble bundle, R* games bundle and a Quakecon ultimate pack i bought years and years ago register in my memory as a good deal as well? I think that included orange box? It also came with like all the dooms, quakes, hexens, and wolfensteins that existed as of about 2008

Oh! And remember that 3ds ambassador program?! Cheap as free, baby.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
SNK 40th Anniversary Collection.
Mega Drive one looks fantastic on paper - and better then the rare one - but I heard people say it wasn't that great emulationwise. Never bought it so not sure myself.

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
Kingdom Hearts: The Story So Far wins everything.

MGS Legacy Collection was also terrific value for newcomers.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
A few absolute doozies from the past. I'm going less for number of games and more for size and quality of games:

WMoyi6K.jpg

6TO5BTV.png

yUY6MnB.png

(Note that each of these are the Collector's CD-Rom editions)

HHGwLmY.jpg

o3MMc10.jpg

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
The Sonic Mega Collection Plus was a contender until The Orange Box and now Master Chief Collection.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Halo MCC is a strong contender, but Rare Replay has Viva Pinata so it automatically wins any category it's placed in.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
A few years ago got Mass Effect 1-3 on PSN for $4. That seemed like a steal.

Still need to play it...

Edit: $4.49

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quake 1 demo cd. It had ID's entire lineup of games and if you put it in a cd player it was a Nine Inch Nails album. It cost $5.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Well it has to be the Gears of War bundle. Four great games for one price (I got mine with my XB1).

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Rare Replay and KH for sure, mostly because they can see deep discounts

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orange Box I think sits at the top for me, then MGS collection and Halo: MCC

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
I think it's a pretty easy win for The Orange Box, particularly because I believe at one point (and possibly still?!?) on Steam it would also give you (or was bundled) HL1 and all of the associated content for that (TFC, CS1.6, Ricochet, HLS, etc, etc, etc). That shit is frankly unbeatable, even not as like the hugest Valve fan.