• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
If you are looking to get the plat as quickly as possible while also enjoying the story and game mechanics I would play on normal. If it turns out to be a little on the easy side you can always bump up the difficulty to your liking.

OP
OP
Hate

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I finally got to Meridian. Can I splurge on every tradable part in exchange for item boxes? I'm not sure if there are better deals in another city or if the low tier parts can be used on higher tier treasure boxes.

Also I can buy multiple maps on different vendors but they don't really add anything to my own map that was there when I first bought the map for collectibles. Do I need to buy them still?

OP
OP
Hate

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Finally finished the game. Great game, great story and intense battles due to the enemy designs.

The only problems I had were item capacity limits and an uninteresting final boss. The stakes were high on the end but I kinda wish they threw a new robot at me. The part before that was easy as well because of the unlimited grenade launchers given to you. I also wonder the point of the response system where you had to choose between being logical, angry or loving. I don't think there were consequences to that aside from a different dialogue. Performance wise, the only problem area I had was in the Sun Ring after the Zero Dawn area. Particularly the part after Aloy destroys the Behemoth. The camera pans to the Audience then to the baddy but the LOD transition was terrible. The textures haven't loaded and it kinda took me out of the scene.

I just need to destroy all training dummies for my plat then I can start frozen wilds. I hope things about Sylens and what he did before his contact with Hades and what he will do with Hades gets answered there.

The writers really set up a good foundation for the story and its sequels. Aloy could easily tackle the other subsystems of Gaia or set up a different protagonist in space with the Apollo project in Odyssey. Definitely excited for the sequel.