Dreazy

Oct 25, 2018
Skate 3, Read Dead, Forza Horizon 1, Final Fantasy 13, Gears 3, pretty much any or all Xbox OG titles.

Trifle

Oct 28, 2017
I think the one I've enjoyed revisiting the most (and continued to play) has been SSX 3.

Murdy Plops

Banned
Dec 21, 2018
I'm buying a Series X after not really playing any Xbox titles since mid-way through the 360's lifespan. With the focus on backwards compatibility, the possibility that most of the back catalogue of each console will be available relatively soon, and potentially improved load times/frame rates, what games are MUST PLAYS? Especially ones that might not have gotten much love back in the day.

I've picked up a few titles I know I'll want to play again. Most notably for me - Beyond Good and Evil, Morrowind, Bioshock, Dead Space, and Blue Dragon (which I always wanted to play but just never got around to). If there are any great Xbox One JRPGs that need attention please let me know.

Apologies if this thread already exists. I did a quick search and couldn't find any BC recommendation threads.

I think the best thing to do is on launch day pop the filter on "Enhanced for X" within your games or gamespass tab and start adding them to a folder to play through. It's the most cost effective to boot :)

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna go Sega hard here, because Xbox BC is great for Sega fans.

Daytona USA
Virtua Fighter 5
Nights into Dreams
Fighting Vipers
Crazy Taxi

indosmoke

Oct 30, 2017
France
I'm buying a Series X after not really playing any Xbox titles since mid-way through the 360's lifespan. With the focus on backwards compatibility, the possibility that most of the back catalogue of each console will be available relatively soon, and potentially improved load times/frame rates, what games are MUST PLAYS? Especially ones that might not have gotten much love back in the day.

I've picked up a few titles I know I'll want to play again. Most notably for me - Beyond Good and Evil, Morrowind, Bioshock, Dead Space, and Blue Dragon (which I always wanted to play but just never got around to). If there are any great Xbox One JRPGs that need attention please let me know.

Apologies if this thread already exists. I did a quick search and couldn't find any BC recommendation threads.
Just a heads up, Dead Space trilogy is available on EA Play (so it will be included in Game Pass next month), no need to buy them if you don't want to.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
That's a bummer. I imagine they're gonna be available on Game Pass maybe? In some way? Very much looking forward to Sunset Overdrive btw.
I confused you and I didn't mean to. Both are on Game Pass. Both will work on Series X just fine, they just aren't technically going to be BC because they're being specifically update to run on Series X. Forza Horizon 4 will be optimized by launch and Master Chief collection a week later.

Smart delivery games are native Series X titles. You won't have an option to run the One X versions in BC mode, but honestly you won't want to.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
NiGHTS was released on 360??? MAN! luckily I just got a series X from amazon spain so I can play it again!

Fuck yeah it was!

nightsintodreamsarcade.jpg

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
One Xbox One X enhanced game I'm going to try is Van Helsing 3.

It has a selection of resolutions and the performance at 4K is astonishing....ly bad.

I don't think anyone has tried it yet because its niche af so this will be interesting.

Same with Warhammer Inquisitor Martyr for similar reasons.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
welp, guess I'm getting more classics then! already had PDorta, daytona, guardian heroes, radiant silvergun and I think some mega drive compilation...one more to the fold! Fighting vipers 1 or 2 are as well, right?

Fighting Vipers (1) is. Virtua Fighter 2 and 5 as well! And Sonic the Fighters if there's anything of interest there.

Just need them to finally pull their finger out and re-release Last Bronx...

Zip Stick

Oct 30, 2017
I'm gonna go Sega hard here, because Xbox BC is great for Sega fans.

Daytona USA
Virtua Fighter 5
Nights into Dreams
Fighting Vipers
Crazy Taxi

Few more:
  • Jet Set Radio
  • Golden Axe
  • SEGA Bass Fishing
  • Sega Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co.
  • Sega Vintage Collection: Golden Axe
  • Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World
  • Sega Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
  • Sonic & Knuckles
  • Sonic Adventure
  • Sonic Adventure™ 2
  • Sonic CD
  • Sonic Generations
  • Sonic the Fighters
  • Sonic The Hedgehog
  • Sonic The Hedgehog 2
  • Sonic The Hedgehog 3
  • Sonic The Hedgehog™ 4 Episode I
  • Sonic The Hedgehog™ 4 Episode II
  • SONIC UNLEASHED
Official list

OP
OP
poptire

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just a heads up, Dead Space trilogy is available on EA Play (so it will be included in Game Pass next month), no need to buy them if you don't want to.
This is good to know. I really just want to physically pick up games that aren't available digitally. And also aren't mega expensive.