• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love another doom but 2 years, or slightly more, seems pretty quick for a current gen game. I hate that we live in a time where that statement is true.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's great that id found a successful formula for bringing back this series, but that would be surprisingly fast if they're ready to announce a sequel already. Beth doesn't normally announce very far in advance do I'd assume this would probably be for later this year.

Bethesda tends to announce any titles that will launch before the next E3. So, if DOOM 2 launches before June, 2019, they will likely announce it at this year's event.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Don't think that has much of a chance of happening. 8 GBs is a hard limit for modern consoles, and D4 pushed it to the max.

the souls games handle it pretty well. although there are probably not a lot of bodies to handle in any given area in those games. elders scrolls and fallout also manage it on a huge scale... hell, they don't even need to maintain physics. but it is a key aspect of capturing the old charms of doom imo. hopefully they can achieve it somehow.

Shadow Hog

Oct 26, 2017
I hope they don't call it Doom 2.

Or if they do, they don't call it Doom 2: Hell on Earth.

It's already a pain in the ass trying to Google the correct Tomb Raider when I'm looking up FAQs for, say, the first game; the last thing I need is for a sequel's name to be shared across two completely separate sequels and confuse the hell out of Google when I'm searching for info on either game.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they'll either fix the multiplayer or ditch it completely. Also hopefully they'll make some single player DLC.

Cheeky Devlin

Oct 31, 2017
I'd not be surprised to see something at the end of this year. December is the series 25th anniversary so some form of release seems inevitable.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Oh man, I'd buy a Switch version like you wouldn't beliveve! Get that Wolfenstein port done quickly, Panic Button!

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
I'd love more Doom, but I hope they go a more rustic/lo-fi aesthetic if it's set on earth.

Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017
giphy.gif

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would expect a spring 2019 release myself. Three years with the foundation in place and help from Bethesda support teams like Escalation sounds very plausible to me.

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
I don't care if it's just an expansion. I want more DOOM! Great, I can't get BFG Division out of my head now lol.

Rip and Tear, until it is done!

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to see the next DOOM, but this fall already seems packed so if they wanted to release DOOM II in may of next year I'd be ok with that.
Also really curious what starfield is.

Oct 27, 2017
100 marines parachute into a circle of hell

The Battle Royale mode is going to be interesting

:P

Think about it though...

Portal down with your squad of 4, no starting armour or weapons. First person only with npc hell enemies hunting you down as well as other players. Ammo is scarce, and if you die you become a hell demon after your entire squad wipes so you can continue to hunt down the other players. Giant hell world to explore, space marine vehicles that fell through the portals throughout the map, one giant cyber demon that hunts the players on the map, if you get an ememy player down to 5% hp and melee them you do a finisher. Their loot drops and you have 30 seconds to loot them before a demon thief takes their belongings, in which you can hunt it down. Random supply drops in the form of random opened portals in the sky of hell, dropping loot and ammo. Space marine weapons as well as old world weapons that got there through old portals.. cmon it sounds badass...

Last edited:

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
2-3 years for a game like Doom sounds right. It probably took awhile to lay the foundation, but they have the gold now! Cant wait to see what they change!

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Doom 2016 is this gen's required reading. An excellent, back to basics, no bullshit, palate cleanser of a game. The only thing they can improve is just adding more. More weapons, more glory kills, more enemies and more non-linearity.

Take me to Hell, again, please. Oh and Mick Gordon can't be praised enough for that soundtrack.

skyappl

Oct 25, 2017
With that awkward sentence he couldn't have made it more clear haha. I enjoyed it. That's nice to know.

Perturabo

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly as long as I can RIP AND TEAR to a Mick Gordon soundtrack with a butter smooth frame rate, I'll be happy.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
TWOOM

Also, it makes sense to reveal it here for an early 2019 release. That'd be three years after the last entry, but still before E3 2019. So this is the only E3 reveal chance they have. I'm just not expecting a lot of gameplay to be shown.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh fuck yeah. It's too late for SP expansion for 2016, and if this game comes out in Q2 2019 it'll be about 3 years which is reasonable.