• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
For our younger posters, Doom 2 is named Doom 2: Hell On Earth.

During our conversation, we made light of the fact that Bethesda currently doesn't have much planned for the latter half of this year. After he jokingly played coy and acted like he didn't already know this, we asked when we might hear more about what they could have slated to release this year. He told us:

"I couldn't give you any guesses as to what we're going to announce and when those games will be out. But I will say, we have a lot of new stuff to talk about at E3. Whether or not folks realize it, this is the hell on Earth time for us with E3. We are in the midst of so much planning and work for all of that content but I'm really excited.

I think we have a lot of stuff that folks are going to like. To my earlier comment, it's going to be a big mix of stuff that's all over the place. It's not going to be like all [one] kind of game or genre. It's going to be a lot of stuff in a lot of different areas and hopefully, there's something in there for everybody."
Source: https://www.dualshockers.com/bethesdas-pete-hines-promises-variety-e3-2018-lineup/

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Directly into my veins
Doom 2016 was such a positive experience, and I went day 1 completely blind.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Another one this fast? There really is No Rest For The Living.

You know, Cacodemon, we really are the Master Levels for Doom II.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bethesda and id, if you launch the Switch version of DOOM 2 day-and-date with the other platforms, I will buy your new game twice at release. PS4 and Switch.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Ditch the "2", call it DOOMED ... or DOOMED: Earth as a throwback to Doom 2: Hell On Earth.

NZerker12

Oct 25, 2017
Give me that DOOM 2 Hell on Earth, absolutely loved the 2016 game and was the only FPS that didn't bore me apart from OW.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Based on his saying "and hopefully, there's something in there for everybody" I would say it's very likely there will be something for the Switch as well (fingers crossed, I hope it won't be just a date for Wolfenstein 2).

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also I really wish they wouldn't do hell on Earth as a setting. Space Hell has nigh infinite possibilities to mine. Going back down to earth is just ehhhh in comparison.

Jasper

Mar 21, 2018
Netherlands
Late 2018 would be pretty quick after DOOM's early 2016 release, but I suppose even if it's coming early 2019 they'll want to show it at this E3. Interesting.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hell. Fucking. Yes.

DOOM 2016 has arguably the finest gameplay mechanics in any FPS, ever.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
941.gif

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to see an absolutely straightforward no-bullshit sequel. I don't know why so many games lately decide to change engines for the sequels (Wolfenstein, Deus Ex, Dishonored, etc) when it always causes problems. Doom was damn near perfect - just make more of it, that's all. More enemies, more level variety, more guns, that's the recipe right there. No need to fuck with any back-end stuff whatsoever.

less

Oct 25, 2017
This alone is all the reason I need to watch Bethesda's conference. Doom is a gem of a FPS that I didn't realize we would ever get again.

Arkai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I recently completed Doom on the Switch and absolutely loved it. I'm completely ready for Doom 2: Tear Them A New One.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So... let's take Doom 2016's near-perfect shooting mechanisms. The level designs were good for today's standards, but they can improve on them, especially by making so the enemy encounters aren't always teleporting monsters. More enemy variety would be nice, too. And then, like Doom 2, it needs to go back to Earth. The only bad aspect of Doom 4's cancellation in favor of the reboot is that they scrapped Earth to do yet another Doom 3-like soft reboot, putting us on Mars again. I've been waiting for decades (not kidding) to have another Doom set on Earth. 15 years ago or so I'd fantasize about an eventual Doom game on Earth where a giant cyberdemon would walk between buildings, making them crumble, and you, the player, having to run between the dust, the falling pieces, the debris on the ground as you empty your rocket launcher into his enormous body. I don't know if a new Doom will deliver this, probably not, but it's a childhood dream to get a "next-gen" Doom on Earth. And given how amazing the reboot's gameplay is, I could lose my shit if they pull it off.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely my most enjoyed fps campaign since Halo 3 ODST. I'm ready for the next DOOM, especially on the Switch!

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to see an absolutely straightforward no-bullshit sequel. I don't know why so many games lately decide to change engines for the sequels (Wolfenstein, Deus Ex, Dishonored, etc) when it always causes problems. Doom was damn near perfect - just make more of it, that's all. More enemies, more level variety, more guns, that's the recipe right there. No need to fuck with any back-end stuff whatsoever.
The game's plot should be able to fit on a 24 hour diner napkin, yes

"and DOOMguy goes to earth..."