• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How good will this conference be?

• [RIP AND TEAR INTESIFIES] tier

Votes: 138 11.5%
  • Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies tier

Votes: 382 31.7%
  • Only here for Shinji "THE GOAT" Mikami tier

Votes: 190 15.8%
  • YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Votes: 286 23.8%
  • WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 208 17.3%

• Total voters

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
This show highlights why live conferences just aint my cup of tea.

Doom looked fantastic and was celebrated as such but overall, It was simply too much.

If Microsoft's conference was B- I'd give this a D at the very best, too bad I'm too tired because I'm sure Devolvers conference will be the best one tonight :>

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Doom Eternal looks great, Ghostwire intrigues me, but everything else... bleh. Seems like maybe they could've skipped their conference this year and handed the 2-3 games off to MS? Idk.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
imagine having a conference where you even mention FO76 in a positive light lmfao

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Terrible conference, DOOM and Wolfenstein were the standouts aside from Arkane's new game and I already knew those existed, have seen gameplay and was planning on buying day one.

Ubisoft and Nintendo better bring the heat with some actual gameplay, any more CG trailers and I might stroke out.

4/10 conference, 3/10 because fuck that crowd but bumped back up to a 3.5/10 because of Todd's hot mic.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
The new IPs looked interesting and Doom/Wolfenstein look great. Not sure what else you could have expected.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Fine. But what is ridiculous is all the jabs that people who are cheering have to be shills or employees or paid. And acting like no one in their right mind would enjoy Fallout 76. Just because I enjoy the game even though you find fault at it doesn't mean I'm a shill. Nor does it mean that there aren't plenty of people who enjoy the game (I have never seen an empty server and the fo76 subreddit is alive and well).

There are the most ridiculous f2p mobile phone games out there with the most mind boggling mtx bullshit in it but also with a ridiculously huge player base and communities.
That doesn't mean anything.

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ghostwire Tokyo & Deathloop are definitely on my radar, rest of the conference was alright.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
it was alright. we knew DOOM and youngblood are all they have this year so... dunno what was expected really.

and Wastlanders is basically what everybody was demanding of Fallout 76. though i'm sure everybody will be mad about that somehow (not to defend the battle royale guff nobody asked for)

olag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
C+ Overall.

Good:
Doom, I want that shit

Bad:
-FUCK EVERY SINGLE CONFERENCE CROWD THIS YEAR, especially bethesda.
-CGI

Plum

May 31, 2018
Nintendo has this shit figured out. Pre-recorded video for announcements with the rest of the week having talent interviewing devs and showing gameplay. Stage shows need to die in a whooooooooo yeaaaaahhhhh

This is one awful take tbqh

An announcement isn't a truly good announcement unless they spend 5 minutes introducing two random developers, having them make a speech about random shit, then showing a meaningless CGI trailer.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
It's really disappointing for Totilo to say they handled FO76 well, I like Kotaku and want to expect more from them in terms of holding people accountable.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Nintendo has this shit figured out. Pre-recorded video for announcements with the rest of the week having talent interviewing devs and showing gameplay. Stage shows need to die in a whooooooooo yeaaaaahhhhh

What exactly do you think has Microsoft done? Showed a fantastic conference with a shit ton of fun trailers and now are making a lot of streams for the whole next week where they show the gameplay for many of the shown trailer and people like you still shit on it because they don't get it that they are in fact doing exactly what Nintendo does, lmao.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Terrible conference, DOOM and Wolfenstein were the standouts aside from Arkane's new game and I already knew those existed, have seen gameplay and was planning on buying day one.

Ubisoft and Nintendo better bring the heat with some actual gameplay, any more CG trailers and I might stroke out.

4/10 conference, 3/10 because fuck that crowd but bumped back up to a 3.5/10 because of Todd's hot mic.
Hot mic? Shit. I missed it. What happened?

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
imagine having a conference where you even mention FO76 in a positive light lmfao
I respect they are still trying to save F76. But they should have gone the No Man Sky approach, stop talking and just show your new content.

I feel they lost the humble talk to the crowd aspect of that game...

Makes me respect NMS even more.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
This is one awful take tbqh

An announcement isn't a truly good announcement unless they spend 5 minutes introducing two random developers, having them make a speech about random shit, then showing a meaningless CGI trailer.

It's not a true announcement unless they acknowledge that I, the player, am the impetus for how good the game is, and that games are so popular and cool and gaming is having a great effect on society.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What exactly do you think has Microsoft done? Showed a fantastic conference with a shit ton of fun trailers and now are making a lot of streams for the whole next week where they show the gameplay for many of the shown trailer and people like you still shit on it because they don't get it that they are in fact doing exactly that, lmao.
That conference was fantastic? Need to me.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Serious question...how many FPS games did they announce today? I'd like a ratio or something on this. Seems just a bit heavy handed on that genre and its only day 1 of E3.