• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How good will this conference be?

• [RIP AND TEAR INTESIFIES] tier

Votes: 138 11.5%
  • Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies tier

Votes: 382 31.7%
  • Only here for Shinji "THE GOAT" Mikami tier

Votes: 190 15.8%
  • YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Votes: 286 23.8%
  • WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 208 17.3%

• Total voters

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
There are the most ridiculous f2p mobile phone games out there with the most mind boggling mtx bullshit in it but also with a ridiculously huge player base and communities.
That doesn't mean anything.

What that means is there are a lot of people who enjoy a game you don't. ANd just cause you don't get it doesn't mean that they are stupid for enjoying it or don't find something fun about it.

I don't get why people love short/linear non oepn world games so much and hate open world games. It just means my tastes are very different from theirs.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
DOOM and Ghostwire were the only diamonds in this shit filled conference. The screaming shills were unbearable.

4/10

Oct 27, 2017
So I gave MS a 3/10 which now feels like hyperbole. I'm going to give this a 3/10 now and raise MS to 4/10.
So combined we're at 7/10 now and I wonder if I will reach 10/10 with the conferences still to come.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Sheesh this forum is even more angry and depressing than the v/board on 4chan.
It really is starting to look like a contest to see who can sound the most miserable and hyperbolic. Like when it gets to the point where several people in the thread are STILL mocking a publisher for highlighting players who were genuinely affected by their games in a positive way it's just like "wow how hard it is to not be a cynical loser just fuck off instead of getting in the snark." Like we get it, FO76 is a crime against humanity itself, that doesn't justify making fun of people going through depression.

Posted earlier but worth re-posting:

So yea lemme ask again can we get a threadmark to say that this isn't Todd Howard but a streamer who was recording themselves watch the conference? Anyone?

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
They STILL haven't shown anything of Starfield?Jesus new Elder Scrolls won't be for another 6 years at least.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Ghostwire, could be neat.
Deathloop, looks fucking awesome and anything Arkane has me interested.
Wolfenstein: Youngblood is tons of Nazi slaughter which is excellent.
Doom Eternal is metal as fuck.

The rest of the conference has now gone forgotten for me.

Plum

May 31, 2018
What exactly do you think has Microsoft done? Showed a fantastic conference with a shit ton of fun trailers and now are making a lot of streams for the whole next week where they show the gameplay for many of the shown trailer and people like you still shit on it because they don't get it that they are in fact doing exactly that, lmao.

They showed a game coming out in 3 months with the main character making faces to the camera, the stage exploding, the camera zooming into the stage to reveal a creepy sex dungeon, and then a CGI trailer that barely showed us what the new mode they revealed actually was.

Microsoft are very far away from 'getting it'

halfjoey

Nov 26, 2017
It's always cringey when the presenter describes the game. "You will face danger and challenges while you make your way through the game world."

Mobile games should be put into their own presentation. But I understand that they want as many people watching as possible.

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
Doom looks really good and a new Arkane game is probably the best E3 announcement so far, even without any gameplay, but other than that that was an awful conference.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Pretty meh honestly, mainly due to the annoying crowd & starting off with Fallout 76

Fallout 76 is yeah....
Ghostwire could be great, but it's just a CGI trailer for now
Deathloop should be good, Arkane is solid
ESO getting new content is great, good to see them still supporting an MMO after many years, remember when MMO's got shut down if they didn't beat WoW? fuck that era of gaming
Keen on mobile is a shame, im sure everyone else would like to play it
Bethesda claiming they invented FPS rubs me the wrong way, but a nitpick
Doom Eternal & Young Blood look great, Doom's battle mode i dunno about, will have to try it out

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
ghostwire looks cool but nothing concrete on it. same with arkane's new game. doom is doom. no single player star(whatever the game is) or elder scrolls. pretty meh.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
The games are great and the CG trailers are cool enough but the YEAH guy made me mute the video. I don't know I can get that embarrassed for other people.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
GhostWire Tokyo was the only thing... WHOOOOOOO!!!! ... interesting... YEAHHHHHHHHHH!!! ... in this con.... WHOOOOOOOOO!!!! ... fuck it...

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
As far as Bethesda shows go, I thought that was stellar.

Doom and Wolfenstein looked great and the new IPs are compelling as hell. Not bad.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Doom, Deathloop, Ghostwire Tokyo, Wolfenstein Youngblood

for me these are at least more games that are interesting than shown at the Microsoft Presser

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
My last hope to see a next-gen title is evaporated with Bethesda. i hoped to see some glimpse of TES6 or Starfield ingame graphics sicne now both PS5 and Scarlett are announced.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
That conference was fantastic? Need to me.

Depends on what you expected and if you actually understand what Microsoft did here and why they haven't shown much gameplay.

Because they are or let's say, tried, to do what many people prefer at the moment. Presentation first and gameplay in separate streams. But for whatever reason people aren't getting it.

I still liked the conference, even if the pacing was a bit off.

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
I really hope the YEAH and WOOO guys were people paid to cheer that decided to do it excessively to call out the fact that they were paid. That would be gold.

If not, hope they were kicked out halfway through lol

olag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
To all those offended by the hate, why do you think E3 is my favourite time of year. Its the perfect time to get my hate game on.

tenor.gif

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
How do developers expect to sell games showing a short movie instead of the game itself?
I don't understand.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
Only highlights for me were Ghostwire,maybe Deathloop and that's about it. Doom Eternal is amazing,but I already knew that from last year.

No Starfield or ES was dissapointing

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
I work to hype up a local sports team with chants and tshirt tosses and all that. The first thing communicated to me on the first day of the job is that you need to know when to hype people and you need to know when to stand down, enjoy the game and let it engage the audience. Somebody did NOT communicate that to the people in that Bethesda crowd. That crowd came across as inauthentic, invasive and cheered like it was VE day everytime a Bethesda employee said DLC.

This conference was ridiculously fake, and makes Ubisoft 2011, Sony 2006 and the Xbox One reveal look in-touch by comparison. A disaster of monumental proportions.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
The two new IPs have potential. Definitely interested in knowing more.

And these fuckers did it. They're getting me to try Fallout 76.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
The CG trailers for Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo indicated that maybe those games could be cool. But who knows what the actual games will be like, or when.

Ikumi Nakamura is for sure confirmed for cool though.
Audience was way uncool.
I can't care about Doom at all. Makes me a little bit sad, because people who are into it seem to really like it.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
They showed a game coming out in 3 months with the main character making faces to the camera, the stage exploding, the camera zooming into the stage to reveal a creepy sex dungeon, and then a CGI trailer that barely showed us what the new mode they revealed actually was.

Microsoft are very far away from 'getting it'

Yeah, and what is the very next stream they do or already did right after that? A f'n "tree house" stream with the exact gameplay you want.

So what is your point?

This is exactly what Nintendo does.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Well, that was both better and worse than Microsoft's conference for me.

Bethesda got me excited for their own games with Ghostwire, Deathloop, Wolfenstein, and Doom Eternal. The rest was... well, Bethesda.

MS's conference was less janky, but they mostly showed me games I'm going to be playing on other systems and have yet to sell me on their own stuff once again. Pretty much the same as it's always been for this entire generation. Hopefully next year they bring more first party stuff that I'd actually be interested in again.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Posters: "Why do you care about leaks, they're just products, stop defending corporations."

90% of those exact same posters (okay hyperbole, but I recognise more than a couple): "Oh my god, why are you guys all being mean about the conference, they're trying their best! Stop being so negative towards Bethseda..."

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans
Ghostwire, Deathloop, Youngblood, and DOOM are all ones to watch/buy. Basically that's my takeaway. I think "goofy" is a good description for the rest of the show, though.

EDIT: I keep forgetting that I might try out Rage 2 in the future, however...