• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How good will this conference be?

• [RIP AND TEAR INTESIFIES] tier

Votes: 138 11.5%
  • Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies tier

Votes: 382 31.7%
  • Only here for Shinji "THE GOAT" Mikami tier

Votes: 190 15.8%
  • YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Votes: 286 23.8%
  • WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 208 17.3%

• Total voters

Plum

May 31, 2018
Yeah, and what is the very next stream they do or already did right after that? A f'n "tree house" stream with the gameplay you want.

What is your point?

My point is that I don't like having my time wasted with shit that I don't need to see. Nintendo's Treehouse streams are extra gameplay that adds on to the general overviews you tend to get in the main Direct; Xbox's seem like the place you need to go to actually see what a game looks like.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Content wise it wasn't the worst press conference but presentation wise (I'm throwing the crowd in this) it might have been. The dev montage at the beginning of the conference is fine, but doing it three times is way too much. Nothing else needs to be said about the crowd. Their self-indulgence about how they invented all of these things (with some of them not being true) was garbage. Microsoft's press conference was underwhelming but at no point I outright hated it, unlike Bethesda's.

Oct 25, 2017
I just need a Rayman announcement from Ubisoft. I'm not entirely sure what I want from Nintendo honestly. And Avengers we'll just have to see.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
You know it's bad when the crowd is the main reason we're talking about this conference.

"Like Devolver but they aren't joking" sums it up perfectly.

Oct 28, 2017
What exactly do you think has Microsoft done? Showed a fantastic conference with a shit ton of fun trailers and now are making a lot of streams for the whole next week where they show the gameplay for many of the shown trailer and people like you still shit on it because they don't get it that they are in fact doing exactly what Nintendo does, lmao.

Honestly, It was ok at best. Tons of indies, multiplats, mostly cgi for everything, new elite controller, new gamepass plan, some spec talk about Scarlett.

There was nothing huge or wow there. Gears was meh and needed more of halo.

Bethesda had ghostwire, another cgi but the premise seems cool at least. So far, pretty boring e3. Looking forward to Nintendo and square to help save it.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Well, that was both better and worse than Microsoft's conference for me.

Bethesda got me excited for their own games with Ghostwire, Deathloop, Wolfenstein, and Doom Eternal. The rest was... well, Bethesda.

MS's conference was less janky, but they mostly showed me games I'm going to be playing on other systems and have yet to sell me on their own stuff once again. Pretty much the same as it's always been for this entire generation. Hopefully next year they bring more first party stuff that I'd actually be interested in again.
It's gonna be a while before their studios actually start putting stuff out on a regular basis, I think.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Honestly, It was ok at best. Tons of indies, multiplats, mostly cgi for everything, new elite controller, new gamepass plan, some spec talk about Scarlett.

There was nothing huge or wow there. Gears was meh and needed more of halo.

I believe it mostly was just the pacing that was off, cause if you look at everything separately there was a lot of cool shit in this conference.
Watched it again with the Easy Allies stream and it worked much better a second time.
But generally, I agree. It's not in the same league as last year, not even close.

Do understand it a little bit tho, cause next gen is coming and when you can't show anything for after 2020, you don't have that much to show. Logically. Next year will be on fire again.

MirageDwarf

Oct 28, 2017
Disappointing nothing shown at all from Starfield. That's the game I'm looking froward to most from Bethesda at the moment.

From the showcase Deathloop looks very interesting.

Oct 27, 2017
So here's what apparently went down in Sony HQ last year:
Guy storms into Shu's office and yells: "Shu-chan, I have terrible news! Bethesda and MS somehow managed to sign every professional woooaaer and yeaaahher in all of the US early for next E3. There's no one left!"
Shu: "You for real? Even Ian Mc Forester and John Willson?"
Guy:"Sadly, yes senpai"
Shu: "Cancel it!!! All of it!!! And please check whether we can get out of the contract with that Estonian Balalaika group"

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
My fav crowd reaction shot. Not sure if just simply disinterested, possibly sitting next to one of the "yeahhhhh" bois , or perhaps doesn't know how/if she should react to killing nazis. lol

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
That obnoxious crowd was so damn annoying. Like please for the love of god just shut up.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
Its weird to me tod nor pete adressed the issues with 76 and kept talking about the fans with those videos. Im glad they have fans and their games helped these people, but to me that screamed like bethesda saying "SEE SEE YOU COMPLAIN BUT WE HELP PEOPLE WITH DEPRESSION! PEOPLE STILL LOVE US SEE WE HAVE COMMUNITIES SEE SEE"

It was so fake it bothered me. And they said the content in 76 was free like 10 times, like it was ever an option for them to charge anything for it, they would be crucified all over again.

I got excited for deathloop mainly, but its meaningless without gameplay. and of course the yeah and wooh guys are going to be featured in e3 worst momebt lists for all time.

Ubisoft please save us, you are our only hope.

Jellycrackers

Oct 25, 2017
I was a little bit bummed that they didn't show the ESL Moons of Elsweyr trailer on the stage because I wrote/produced the music for it. But I'm still happy as hell about it 😁

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can we make a poll to see who else think the front rows was Bethesda's own employees just to hype people (but annoyed me)

Yyeaaaahhhh...

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
So here's what apparently went down in Sony HQ last year:
Guy storms into Shu's office and yells: "Shu-chan, I have terrible news! Bethesda and MS somehow managed to sign every professional woooaaer and yeaaahher in all of the US early for next E3. There's no one left!"
Shu: "You for real? Even Ian Mc Forester and John Willson?"
Guy:"Sadly, yes senpai"
Shu: "Cancel it!!! All of it!!! And please check whether we can get out of the contract with that Estonian Balalaika group"
"Microsoft placed on open contract on you Sony. $7BN, the Baba Yaga is coming. You have been excommunicated from the E3 continental."

"We must respond, cerny... Release Knack 4!".

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia
I am really tired of Bethesda in every conference always saying the gamers and the fans are the most important thing for them, and then they shit all over them with Fallout 76, how they fucked everybody so badly. But yeah...

Ifrit

Oct 27, 2017
In the YouTube E3 live show some guy is playing the Wii music menu, I guess that explains the music at the Bethesda conference

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Pretty mediocre conference. There was too much pandering and patting themselves in the back imo. However, Doom Eternal does look awesome and the gameplay trailer was the best thing I saw today across the two conferences.

Mike Armbrust

Oct 25, 2017
Once again it's looking like Bethesda will have the best conference imo.

Youngblood looks pretty good and Deathloop is really intriguing. Solid 8/10. I didn't expect the general consensus to be that it was bad.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I try not to be too down on the conferences, but that was not great imo. Crowd felt incredibly fake cheering after every two words at times, Bethesda continues to be super self-indulgent to an annoying degree, and EGS themselves seem hard carried by the other developers.

On the plus side, Arkane's stuff looked cool, Miami's stuff looked dope, and of course doom looks great if sadly the timing of its release is kind of terrible for me personally.

Some great content mixed with some really boring content wrapped in a pretty bad presentation.

I think I had either them or square as the worst conference last year, and I'm expecting they'll take that spot on my personal list again.

Oct 25, 2017
Its weird to me tod nor pete adressed the issues with 76 and kept talking about the fans with those videos. Im glad they have fans and their games helped these people, but to me that screamed like bethesda saying "SEE SEE YOU COMPLAIN BUT WE HELP PEOPLE WITH DEPRESSION! PEOPLE STILL LOVE US SEE WE HAVE COMMUNITIES SEE SEE"

It was so fake it bothered me. And they said the content in 76 was free like 10 times, like it was ever an option for them to charge anything for it, they would be crucified all over again.

I got excited for deathloop mainly, but its meaningless without gameplay. and of course the yeah and wooh guys are going to be featured in e3 worst momebt lists for all time.

Ubisoft please save us, you are our only hope.
Nothing about Deathloop was meaningless. I didn't even know it existed two hours ago. I got a fun concept, stylish trailer and two sexy ass poc leads.