• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How good will this conference be?

• [RIP AND TEAR INTESIFIES] tier

Votes: 138 11.5%
  • Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies tier

Votes: 382 31.7%
  • Only here for Shinji "THE GOAT" Mikami tier

Votes: 190 15.8%
  • YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Votes: 286 23.8%
  • WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 208 17.3%

• Total voters

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
That was imo a huge management mistake. Bethesda: so we have this BattleCry team who just fucked up the BattleCry game, what to do with them? Oh, let's reward them by giving them another project to butcher, let's say... which one... yeah, Fallout. And let's promote them to being a part of BGS while we're at it, goodness knows BGS is too small nowadays.
If BattleCry is canceled for lack of quality, so should 76.
It is quite frustrating that they allowed the game to go ahead, knowing the brand damage it could cause. At the very least they should have delayed it by a year to add the content fans expect from a Fallout game.

However...

Seeing how well ZOS has turned ESO around, which was also revealed and launched in a state absolutely no-one wanted (they were shocked to hear players wanted to play an Elder Scrolls game in first person for example, and had to rush to add that in as an option) gives me hope for 76. It will take at least another year, but there's a possibility this game will be enjoyable one day. The problem with that is... we're right at the end of a console generation. How many people will want to commit to a last gen GaaS title when there will no doubt be a big surge of next gen GaaS titles competing to be the next big thing for the gen ahead? Anthem has exactly the same problem.

not big a mystery, it's a next gen game. no matter how far along it is it's not showing before ps5/nextbox's formal announcement
Literally what I concluded in the same post you quoted and then cut =P

So, was this as bad as the internet is making it out to be?
So far E3 as a whole has been fairly bad. Studios are just showing up to show off the dregs of what they have the left for the current gen. No-one is really ready to show off next gen games. I'm still holding out hope for Ubisoft though. We all know Watch Dogs didn't turn out so great in the end, but I'll never forget the reveal trailer for that game - a gameplay demo of a next gen game when most people were still showing exclusively 360 and PS3 games. I'd love to see something similar from them this year.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
So, was this as bad as the internet is making it out to be?
There was a really wholesome segment with a Japanese lady, but was pretty much all CG trailers outside of Doom and Wolf and a really annoying crowd that absolutely ruined the show, so just watch the trailers on YouTube and you'll probably have a much better show.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
E3 wasnt even needed really this year let's be honest, Nothing to show other than cinematics, They all could have skipped it and we wouldnt have missed anything riveting. MS/Bethesda conferences prove it.

Basarili

Oct 27, 2017
Haarlem
I can say that my ears exploded with every Yeaah after every sentence. Comparing those moments with the genuine reactions when Keanu Revees was up at Microsoft shows a totally different world.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Are we meant to assume Starfield could be a 2020 holiday next gen launch title or 2021?
Starfield is basically guaranteed to be 2021. Todd has spoken about how this is basically only going to be on next-gen systems. Rockville is 4x larger than when they were developing Skyrim but if we were to follow the typical BGS pattern, their new game is always 3-4 years after the release of their last and this has been the case since Fallout 3.

Fallout 3 to Skyrim was 3 years
Skyrim to Fallout 4 was 4 years
Fallout 4 to Fallout 76 was 3 years
Fallout 76 to Starfield should be 3 years (2021)

We know Starfield is in full production so I think it'll make an Q1-Q2 2021 release. Possibly might get a demo at next E3.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't watch most of this live but DOOM is looking so ridiculously good. And I'm also thrilled that Arkane is alive and well and working on something fresh.

Bethesda Studios themselves though.... not too thrilling right now. But I've always liked them most as a publisher anyway.

HaraChisu

Dec 12, 2017
E3 wasnt even needed really this year let's be honest, Nothing to show other than cinematics, They all could have skipped it and we wouldnt have missed anything riveting. MS/Bethesda conferences prove it.

Yeah I must admit I've been pretty underwhelmed so far this year. I mean I get it now we're so close to next-gen releasing but meh.

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
The Fallout 76 segment was so weird (for a lack of better term)

yeah we got a few issues but man the game is awesome YEAH! the players are fantastic YEAH! and there are billions playing YEAH!
and hey we are adding some human NPCs and dialogues and of course we expect you to trust us because why wouldn't you trust us this is going to be amazing YEAH! DIALOGUES! HUMAN NPCs! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!
and BR man YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!
and it's FREE YEAH!

Nov 8, 2017
I feel like I enjoyed Bethesda's conference way more than most people. Other than the obnoxious cheering from the crowd, I thought what they showed all looked really good. They took a deep dive into Doom Eternal which was just awesome to watch. I thought how they handled Fallout 76 was way better than I was expecting. Coming out and addressing that Wolfenstein: Youngblood is going to be bigger than any game Machine games has done before and not more robust than a typical standalone expansion. Announcing two new IPS in Ghost Wire: Tokyo and with not just CG trailers but presenters who came out and were incredibly passionate about the projects they were working on and giving us more detail about their vision for the games and what players can expect when they play it.

My only real negatives was the CG trailer for Elder Scrolls Legends which was just atrocious and the updates for Rage 2 that they showed didn't really do anything for me.

Oct 25, 2017

These announcements would be perfect for a State of Play, Nintendo Direct or and Inside Xbox. But it's really obvious people are just bidding their time for Next Gen and it shows.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That new Commander Keen is looking hot.

D8qX_ZVXYAEixul.png

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I just wanted to chime in and say that the OT Title made me crack up so hard LMAOOOO. What a ridiculous audience they always have haha.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Its one thing to cheer after announcements when the presenter pauses for the crowd to (hopefully) react. Dude was literally interrupting every other sentence at one point when presenter was trying to read his lines.