• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 4, 2018

E3yMNhcXIAACqFH

E3yMQguXoAcb8f_

E3yMK-AXoAQ1gVC

E3yMMptWEAERRzH

E30T2RvVkAE6-oH

E3yMVyzWEA0elFp

E3yMW1qX0AIITi9

E3yMYWnXwAggaux

E3yMSBAXwAIM66A

E3y6SZMXEAAFy-m

E3y6UmPWUAIkcyC

E3y6Vs0WEA0ZMRw

E3y6WwQXoAEsDab

starfield-13-06-2021-key-art-cover_0000982422.jpg

"For me, Starfield is the Han Solo simulator," Bethesda exec Ashley Cheng told The Washington Post [paywall]. "Get in a ship, explore the galaxy, do fun stuff."

Speaking to The Telegraph [paywall], meanwhile, Bethesda boss Todd Howard suggested being a space explorer in Starfield would be like "NASA meets Indiana Jones meets the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen".

In Starfield you play as a new recruit to the Constellation program, a group of space explorers seeking answers to the big mysteries of space, some 300 years in the future.

"There are a lot of factions in the game but [Constellation is] the main one that you'll become a part of," Howard continued. "It's kind of like Skyrim in terms of the structure of the game, where you're going to be who you want to be, and then there's different factions that you can join, and really carve your own path.

"So we have one story that we're telling, and then we have a lot of other ones, like we love to do. And our hope is that each player feels like they could say, here's who I want to be in this universe - and then we're giving them an outlet to express that."

Your character's background will affect the story, among other things.

Last edited:

Crax

May 21, 2018
I caaan't wait for this. Nothing tops BGS games for me. Concept art is so beautiful!

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
This game has REAL potential.
Holy shit if it delivers this could be so great.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
The concept art for this is stunning. I was impressed with the graphics in the trailer so I can't wait to see the final product.

Oct 31, 2017
Still no idea of what to expect from the actual gameplay loop, but I hope they keep pushing for this "hard sci-fi" vibe, instead of going for "fantasy in space".

Aki

Mar 20, 2020
Time to get an XBOX! Really really hope this game matches the hype I have for it.

Cyberpunk and Starfield were the games I always wanted and so far I've been let down :(

Mochi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
E3y6SZMXEAAFy-m

These creature designs remind me of Wayne Barlowe in a good way. Hope the aliens are super out-there in this game.

Quintus

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
I would love to play this game, could've as well but thanks to Microsoft I'll have to miss it.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I am loving the art style of this game so far -- yesterday's teaser visually looked cool too.

I hope it's fun to play. I did like Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, and eventually came around on Fallout 4 (with the caveat being that I do not like the main story at all). Bethesda and myself have a pretty positive track record the last 20 or so years, but I have come to a present mindset that I really want the main campaign to be engaging and I want a higher sense of polish from the next one.

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they can fully realise the concept art in the full game because they look fantastic. The potential for this game is huge.

javiergame4

Oct 27, 2017
I would love to play this game, could've as well but thanks to Microsoft I'll have to miss it.
[/QUOTE

you can literally buy a cheap android phone for like $50 and use a $1 gamepass trial and stream it(if you have ok internet) or just buy a Xbox. It's pretty much on any device now except PlayStation. They want to get a gamepass app on smart TVs too.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
Those two of the people in the spacesuits - does the top of their head make them look non-human? Is this the first hint that we'll have non-human sentient species?

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Day 1. Todd if you're reading this put me in the pre pre alpha test.

Oct 29, 2017
Amazing concept art, it's like Star Wars meets the real world. Really outstanding. Reminds me of the best, most evocative art from Mass Effect and Destiny.