• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned - Thread Derailment
Hahahaha. Good one Bethesda. You ported a blurry awful 30 fps version of Doom for the Switch. Good one.

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Good.

Developers and publishers need to force Sony's hand, by any means possible.

I do 99% of my gaming on PS4 and I will actively root for great games to NOT come to PS4 if it means it forces Sony to allow cross-play for other consoles.

GLHFGodbless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They might as well release it on no systems, because who gives a fuck about n elder scrolls card game to begin with?

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Im playing Magic Duels on IOS. Not sure about this, but is it cross play with x1 and windows? It could be the reason why its not on PS4 yet.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What does this have to do with the thread topic at hand?

They don't really care about the player's experience with the game, they're just after money. Pretending to be anything but that is pretty silly.

Not to mention all the nonsense they did with paid mods. They're absolutely full of shit.

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
Good.

Developers and publishers need to force Sony's hand, by any means possible.

I do 99% of my gaming on PS4 and I will actively root for great games to NOT come to PS4 if it means it forces Sony to allow cross-play for other consoles.

As a PlayStation Pro owner myself I agree. I believe Sony will come to their senses. They are not a stupid company. They should realize that not allowing crossplay 100% hurts gamers and developers.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
They don't really care about the player's experience with the game, they're just after money. Pretending to be anything but that is pretty silly.

Not to mention all the nonsense they did with paid mods. They're absolutely full of shit.
The Doom Switch port has absolutely nothing to do with cross play and cross progression though. So I don't know why you brought it up. They don't want some players being able to carry their progress across platforms while other players can't. A 30fps port of a game has nothing to do with what's being discussed

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Hearthstone doesn't, and that's a much bigger game than this. I'm not sure why people think it's out of the question.

Oct 25, 2017
Easy stance to take with a game that won't do much regardless and this will probably still up on PS4. As previous people said do it with Fallout 76 if you were serious. They aren't.

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Hearthstone doesn't, and that's a much bigger game than this. I'm not sure why people think it's out of the question.

Hearthstone doesn't what? Have crossplay? It's also not on consoles at all though.

Bethesda wants to make this game essentially like Fortnite. Play anywhere, anytime, with 1 unified account where all your progress and purchases go with you. I feel like more games will be taking that route in the future.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017

I see a new thread in your future... "Bethesda releases games to make money!!!"

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they go through with this. It's not the big game that will push Sony to be completely open but it's a start. Hopefully in the end Sony allows this.

Ira

Oct 27, 2017
Good. Given it's available on mobile platforms and PC there probably aren't many people who would be unable to play it due to it not releasing on PS4. Doesn't seem like they'll hurt much from taking this stance, and I'm glad to see any extra pressure put on Sony.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Hearthstone doesn't what? Have crossplay? It's also not on consoles at all though.

Bethesda wants to make this game essentially like Fortnite. Play anywhere, anytime, with 1 unified account where all your progress and purchases go with you. I feel like more games will be taking that route in the future.
Hearthstone is unified across PC, iOS, and Android. One account, same content on all of them.

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

"You just lost yourself a card game!"

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
PHEW! Almost thought it wasn't coming to the Switch!

Would love to know a launch date, though :|

Oct 27, 2017
United States
FUCK yeah. I hope they stick to their guns. It would basically be the first major domino to fall on the road to full crossplatform play.

KEEP THE HEAT ON EM, GUYS.

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
Why make a stand with a game that hardly anyone is going to care about? It's just idle chat unless they are going to do it with their big guns, and everyone knows they won't do that.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Of course they would do this with a throwaway card game. They won't skip PS4 for any of their big games they actually want to succeed.

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017
Why make a stand with a game that hardly anyone is going to care about? It's just idle chat unless they are going to do it with their big guns, and everyone knows they won't do that.

Because this way they can play both sides of the fence. Doing it with their big games would require drawing a line in the sand. Enough smaller games will add up I hope. Bethesda is one of my least favorite publishers but I'm glad they're trying to force the issue. I believe that it will take multiple big publishers or multiple big games skipping the system to make Sony change. Enough smaller games could also but it will be a drawn out affair.

Of course I'm betting that Bethesda is absolutely loving the goodwill this topic is generating. They are one of the most forward thinking companies in some ways(such as mods on console).

Oct 27, 2017
If your whole game is based around crossplay, the PS4 userbase is irrelevant. Shit one of the biggest games in the world doesn't have a PS4 version and won't ever have one while Sony has this shit policy.

So where was this same energy last generation when Xbox withheld games from 360 unless developers made versions with extra goodies for them or didn't want to do crossplay with Sony/Nintendo before? It's all a money game. Acting like Sony is this big, bad entity who started this is hilarious.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure the dozens of people who want to play this game on ps4 will put enough pressure on Sony to get cross-play.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
I wonder if they made the game need PS+ to play if Sony would allow cross platform stuff.

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
Because this way they can play both sides of the fence. Doing it with their big games would require drawing a line in the sand. Enough smaller games will add up I hope. Bethesda is one of my least favorite publishers but I'm glad they're trying to force the issue. I believe that it will take multiple big publishers or multiple big games skipping the system to make Sony change. Enough smaller games could also but it will be a drawn out affair.
That's just it though I don't think they are trying to force anything. It's just a good way to get a few headlines and articles written about the game.

Nov 12, 2017
Good thing anyone with a smartphone from the past 3 years or PC from the last 10 could play it. No reason to support this game on PlayStation until they allow crossplay.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
LOL sure, that's a flat out lie

you think Sony gives a fuck about Elder Scrolls card game?

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017
That's just it though I don't think they are trying to force anything. It's just a good way to get a few headlines and articles written about the game.

Absolutely my take as well. What I am hopeful for is that other companies see Bethesda speaking out on the matter and taking(albeit small) action and join in. In that way Beth would be forcing the issue as they could become.a catalyst for other large companies to join in.