• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
No digital showcase because Todd Howard is going to kick down your door and show you TESVI, which is just Skyrim 2, right there on your porch

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Is it an April fools though?

edit in case that wasn't clear: of course it isn't, just joking about how there's better days to announce that.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2018
I don't understand even in a world without corona why people would assume these companies would do a showcase at a "digital E3" like the ESA seem to want. Why risk your message get drowned by other companies when you can get a time and place were you are totally in control.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I kinda feel like its an April Fools joke because it wasnt made via the official bethesda account.

but this would be a terrible joke to make.

EDIT:
I didnt realize they cancelled Quakecon yesterday, so I was probably wrong on my original assessment.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cancel a digital showcase? Unless they are having trouble because they might be all working from home...eh...it's April 1st too. Unsure how to feel.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
Bummer, but understandable given the situation.

Starfield is one of my most anticipated games, and I really can't wait to see what it's like. I hope we get to hear more about it this year.

So Starfield at PS or Xbox media event
If I had to guess, I'd expect it at an Xbox event. Xbox and BGS have had a pretty close relationship since Morrowind.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
If it's not an April Fools joke (and I hope it's not because who in their right minds would use the pandemic as a setup for a joke), I'm pretty sure they won't be the last. Even in the current situation doing a digital show is gonna be pretty complicated.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
Sad we won't be able see Todd say Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI are still 2 decades away for the umpteenth year in a row.

Kemono

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So i guess most is going to be shown at ms/sony shows?

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disappointing but understandable. Really hoping for some Starfield news this year. That's gotta be coming soon by now right?

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully, they'll do one at a later stage. I'm curious about Ghostwire Tokyo, Deathloop, Starfield and potential DOOM Eternal DLC.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I just wanna know if Deathloop is a single-player game.

They don't really need a whole conference to answer that question.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Their E3s outside the first one they did have been pretty boring anyway, they need to take a break from conferences until they have a substantial amount of interesting stuff to show, or they do separate shows for their titles.

Oct 26, 2017
I thought they confirmed it wasn't?

They confirmed nothing so far.

DEATHLOOP

transports players to the lawless island of Blackreef in an eternal struggle between two extraordinary assassins. Explore stunning environments and meticulously designed levels in an immersive gameplay experience that lets you approach every situation any way you like.

That's the only description we have

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, even if everything was totally fine and E3 was happening, what would they have to show? I can't really think of anything or enough for an entire event/showcase.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I need Starfield info plx

Just a trailer or something to confirm or deny my assumption that its gonna be Sci-Fi Elder Scrolls.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Bummer, but understandable given the situation.

Starfield is one of my most anticipated games, and I really can't wait to see what it's like. I hope we get to hear more about it this year.

If I had to guess, I'd expect it at an Xbox event. Xbox and BGS have had a pretty close relationship since Morrowind.

Reveal a brand new IP and not at their own show? I just don't really see that happening. At the same time, since they aren't having a show or their own....it is possible but I doubt it. I don't want to get my hopes up.

Oct 24, 2019
I mean, even if everything was totally fine and E3 was happening, what would they have to show? I can't really think of anything or enough for an entire event/showcase.

Really? Deathloop gameplay reveal and more details. Ghostwire gameplay reveal and more details. Starfield trailer that sets up the world, story, factions, etc. New Wolfenstein teaser. The usual Fallout 76, Elder Scrolls Online, and Elder Scrolls Blades updates. Maybe some small mobile stuff like Fallout Shelter 2 and Commander Keen.

There is a ton they likely have to show.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Kinda stinks, hopefully they just join one of the other conferences instead of the random tweet or press release some have been doing

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
They've already given me the only game I care about from them, DOOM Eternal. So unless they're showing me a new Wolfenstein, nothing of value was lost to me.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
Reveal a brand new IP and not at their own show? I just don't really see that happening. At the same time, since they aren't having a show or their own....it is possible but I doubt it. I don't want to get my hopes up.
I was responding to someone who suggested it'd show up at a Playstation or Xbox event. I'd also consider the game to have been officially announced with the teaser trailer, which was 2 years ago. I could see them skipping announcements on this game entirely for this year, as I don't expect it to be a launch title. But, if they do want to make a big splash with this game this year, and Bethesda isn't doing their own conference, I think at the Xbox "E3" event would be the mostly likely and impactful place to do this.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
I really really want to see more of Deathloop, but they should only share more when everyone is safe and ready.