• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JVID

Oct 25, 2017
Chicagoland
Oct 29, 2017
Really.... This is by far the most absurd thing Ive seen this .. cycle. Absolutely amazing.

To me it's a sign that Beto's gonna make a splash in the primary and that people with their chosen favorite candidates are gonna latch onto anything to tear anyone down who may further complicate the primaries. The knives don't come out immediately for a candidate unless they have a real shot.

We're gonna see some real shit happening in this election cycle, specifically the weaponizing of ignorance. It worked extremely well in 2016 and will only get worse and more sophisticated.

nomis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
why would robert francis and cory, two slightly different versions of the same person, announce so close together?

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The most hilarious thing is when Beto finishes 4th in Iowa after being attacked by Bernie fans, while Biden wins with 45% of the vote.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
He is the meme candidate of 4chan and won't finish top 3 in a single state. Democrats are not the GOP they aren't going to elect someone who has never held an elected position.

His words are truth though, and his plans, despite 4chan. Democrats are going to lose another election because the party is super diverse with a lot of conflicting representation. I'm voting for the winner, whoever that is. But I know a lot of dems wont do the same.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not surprised that Sirota (lol) article is making a comeback now that he's officially announced. Man that thread was a tire fire, this one looks promising too.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
For instance, O'Rourke backs comprehensive energy reform and renewable incentives, but not a strict roadmap to net-zero greenhouse gas emissions, like the one contained in the so-called Green New Deal proposal.​
So he's useless.
We need net zero emissions ASAP. Anyone standing in the way of that is an enemy to the continued survival of humanity.

Here's hoping he goes away, and soon.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah here we go with all the wonderful hot takes and purity tests.

Blunt

Oct 26, 2017

Color me shocked that a Bernie stan is attacking Beto at the same time as declaring Beto's supporters to be morons.

Keep 'em coming.

Same guy apparently wrote this :

D1o5lyqUgAAYZBl.jpg

Looks like he wasn't much more informed in 2016 than he gives credit to himself as being in 2008 then.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
If policy doesn't matter anymore then give me a good reason why democracy deserves to still exist?

Of course policies matter. People saying otherwise are nuts. They're not talked about in public much, because people know overall what policies a candidate has, simply based on party affiliation. And also because the details are complicated, and it's easy to get hung up on a single small detail of policy. We'll hear policy discussed in a little bit of detail during the primary debates, though.

They're not the #1 thing in national elections, though. Which is ridiculous - policy should be the #1 reason to vote for anyone. But no. In presidential elections, everything from "looking strong" to hairdo to height will be given as much or more attention than policies receive. After a presidential debate, the media will have "body language experts", not policy experts, on TV. It's so fucking stupid.

Why does democracy deserve to exist? I would say, because at least when you elect bad leaders, it's your own damn fault (collectively). And at least they will be systematically replaced.

Oct 27, 2017
guess who will get the most democratic senators elected down ballot
you think beto will veto good progressive legislation because he's some centrist manchurian candidate?

Oct 25, 2017
Far from ideal, but I must admit, a Beto-Bernie ticket probably has the best chance of wrapping up the '20 elections for the Dems.
Bernie and Beto have like nothing in common other than running as Democrats (and even then Bernie's "NoT a DeMoCrAt").
i have no idea who it is, just thought it was a funny tweet lol

also

lol

Lmao
Pelosi is one of the most consistently liberal members of congress, if that's supposed to be what you were going for.
If you are going to try claiming Pelosi is a centrist you have a very weird understanding of American politics.
Lmfao to both of these takes.
Policy means shit unless we win. Beto has the best chances of winning. Policy gets you through the door but charisma and electability wins you elections.
I despise America.
Which candidate has a not bad stance on Palestine tbh?
Bernie's the least bad, but even his is okay at best.
Apparently the in-joke over there according to my Republican friend is that with Trump they're not getting a wall, but at least with Yang they're getting no wall and $1000/month.
Yang's only contribution to the race is moving the overton window on UBI to the left. Praising Reagan's foreign policy is a special kind of stupid.
The UBI thing is definitely a big positive. I feel it isn't time for that yet, but we need to start talking about it eventually.

What did he say about foreign policy? I'm honestly curious.
Ah here we go with all the wonderful hot takes and purity tests.
I'll never get the whole "purity tests" argument. What if Biden announced tomorrow saying we needed to deport every Muslim? Would that be acceptable? If we're saying purity tests are bad, then by your logic just because he wants an Islam-free America doesn't mean he should be deconsidered, right?

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry man, but for me that's still taking significant money tied to those sectors and corporations. Maybe for you and others the money needs to come directly from PACs. But significant money coming from individuals invested in those areas is not cool for me. That's fine if that's your standard but it ain't mine.

Individuals that work at a company do not necessarily share the opinions of the executives and shareholders of that company.

I live and work in the State of Oklahoma. Oil and gas is our primary industry here. Your standard is so high that you'd basically never vote for a Democrat from Oklahoma, for any reason. Texas is in a similar boat.

Oct 25, 2017
Uh, isn't allowing Medicare buy-in for all a form of Medicare for All?
That was the goalpost in 2008 before Obama caved and went for RomneyCare for the ACA. The public option is okay, but it still has flaws that standard single payer solve altogether, such as the issue of funding for a variable amount of constituents as opposed to the entire nation. If you have to implement new tax policy that raises revenue for the entire nation's worth of healthcare anyway, you may as well just guarantee healthcare to everybody rather than have people explicitly buy into it.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

And faster than you can count, I've completely dismissed Beto as a nominee.

https://www.radioiowa.com/2019/03/14/orourke-kicks-off-2020-presidential-race-in-keokuk/

There's some key things screwed up on that transcript. At the end for instance he's saying that every single person needs to be covered in the solution to this as opposed to "we need to talk to every single person"

Also the reporter is interviewing Beto while Beto is driving his car to the next town.

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That was the goalpost in 2008 before Obama caved and went for RomneyCare for the ACA. The public option is okay, but it still has flaws that standard single payer solve altogether.

There are lots of candidates pushing for the public option instead of going all in on single payer, not just Beto. All of these options are being sold as "Medicare for All" because of the political advantages of using the term. Abolishing private insurance is not currently popular, even amongst Democrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.