• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People showing their ass on here wishing they had a yacht and would sell out the poor to get it

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
oh wow, possibly $10k in damage total over a $40m yacht, of which there are 9 others!? This news probably stroked some ego rather than made a bad picture unfortunately.

The real question is what do you even need 9 of them for in the first place?

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018
This kinda feels like going into a conversation with conservatives about the prevalence of prison rape or capital punishment. You bring up your opinion that that stuff shouldn't happen in civilized countries and measures should be taken to get it to stop and you immediately get swamped with arguments: "They're shitty human beings! They deserve what they get! Let me remind you what they did! Why are you empathizing with monsters? Why do you like them? I'll save MY empathy for the victims!" Different conversation, same bad faith arguments. Apparantly it's really hard for people all over the political spectrum to grasp that calling out mentalities we ought to have left behind after the age of enlightenment isn't the same as condoning the actions of crappy people or empathizing with them and the discussion gets strangled with buzzwords like Decorum(Tm) and Civility(Tm).

Yes, DeVos is a crappy human being who has no business being a secretary of anything, but she's merely a symptom. She wouldn't be in her position if some equally crappy people hadn't put her up for confirmation by the senate, where she was greenlighted by an additional 50+ crappy human beings in a culmination of decades of anti-intellectualism and anti-government activism. That anti-intellectualism and anti-government activism will still be there calling the shots, no matter how many yachts get busted, until the facilitating party is voted out.

Counter point: She has her job because her brother is the founder of Blackwater and her wealth therefore is tied up in profiting off of dead Iraqi civilians. Fuck her and her yachts.

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
I can't imagine anyone giving a shit about this awful woman, her terrrible family and their fucking yacht collection.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They gave ammunition to the right.
They didn't really cause her any damage. She has 9, and if anything she may have walked away with extra money (Not like she needed it) from insurance.

I like the intention, but it was a stupid action that served nobody but ones own ego.

You can't touch her money or assets, you can't really touch her wealth in that way. You have to crush her legacy, image, etc. At least that way you can maybe make her miserable, even while being surrounded by material wealth.

Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017
I know many people see her as evil but vandalism is never the answer.

It's like we all learned in history class, when faced with oppression the colonists didn't go and destroy British property they stayed put and were very civil until the king and queen felt bad and gifted them independence.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Yo guys, some pertinent info from the article for all those pissed off that she has nine yachts.
"DeVos, who is one of the wealthiest members of President Donald Trump's cabinet, with her family's approximate net worth of $5.3 billion, owns nine OTHER luxury boats along with her husband's billionaire family."

So she's actually Betsy "10 yachts" Devos.

Not quite the same ring to it as "9 yachts". I wish she had nine for this and obvious other reasons.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
This is a worthless attempt to make a statement. She has others, that amount of damage is tiny, and she most likely will pay even less bc this is just an insurance claim.

Oct 28, 2017
This country is literally crumbling apart. People don't have healthcare. People can barely pay rent. Schools are shit.

In order for her and her family to be as wealthy as they are, that money has to be taken away from other things (investments in schools and healthcare)
Adding to that she is actively fucking up the education department. They are fleecing this whole country and I am supposed to give a shit about her fucking $40 million yacht?

Fuck her and fuck her yachts.

I'm thankful people are damaging property. Asshole yacht and dickhead Hollywood star, for ecample. Remember it was little over a year ago that Steve Scalise got shot.
Things were tense then, but think about how much worse it is now...

Edit: Yeah I was gonna say I thought I read 10 yachts in an article.

Last edited:

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
Oh what a shame! It must be those pesky public schooled kids again! Gotta invest in more private schools!

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I have 12, so I can't imagine what she's going through right now. Sucks to be poor.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
x3u0fvJ5iGTbusPn8gDZFNSPgTo=.gif
There really is a simpson gif for everything

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They didn't really cause her any damage. She has 9, and if anything she may have walked away with extra money (Not like she needed it) from insurance.

I like the intention, but it was a stupid action that served nobody but ones own ego.

You can't touch her money or assets, you can't really touch her wealth in that way. You have to crush her legacy, image, etc. At least that way you can maybe make her miserable, even while being surrounded by material wealth.

the right-wing already treats leftists like criminals and terrorists. Fuck Devos. All here boats could be scuttled and not a single republican would have a meaningful change of heart about us.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know many people see her as evil but vandalism is never the answer.

It's like we all learned in history class, when faced with oppression the colonists didn't go and destroy British property they stayed put and were very civil until the king and queen felt bad and gifted them independence.

One of the most well known acts in US history involved breaking into a boat dressed as Native Americans and dumping crates tea into a harbor. Its as American as apple pie.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This kinda feels like going into a conversation with conservatives about the prevalence of prison rape or capital punishment. You bring up your opinion that that stuff shouldn't happen in civilized countries and measures should be taken to get it to stop and you immediately get swamped with arguments: "They're shitty human beings! They deserve what they get! Let me remind you what they did! Why are you empathizing with monsters? Why do you like them? I'll save MY empathy for the victims!" Different conversation, same bad faith arguments. Apparantly it's really hard for people all over the political spectrum to grasp that calling out mentalities we ought to have left behind after the age of enlightenment isn't the same as condoning the actions of crappy people or empathizing with them and the discussion gets strangled with buzzwords like Decorum(Tm) and Civility(Tm).

Yes, DeVos is a crappy human being who has no business being a secretary of anything, but she's merely a symptom. She wouldn't be in her position if some equally crappy people hadn't put her up for confirmation by the senate, where she was greenlighted by an additional 50+ crappy human beings in a culmination of decades of anti-intellectualism and anti-government activism. That anti-intellectualism and anti-government activism will still be there calling the shots, no matter how many yachts get busted, until the facilitating party is voted out.
In a truly civilised country a person that is corrupt and profiting of the ruin of millions of kids, as well as having a fortune that comes from blood money, wouldn't really have any rights to have luxuries. As far as a give a fuck, her yachts are not her property. They belong to the families of civilians savagely murdered by Blackwater and to the taxpayers.

Oct 28, 2017

Wealth is what they value most. Hit them where it hurts.

Deleted member 907

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can't touch that kind of wealth by destroying their property though, that's what I'm saying.
It's already been said at least a dozen times: it's about letting them know that they're not unreachable.

This is just the beginning if things don't get better. When the lower classes decide that they've had enough, the power elite don't lose their wealth, they lose their lives. When the mob comes, they're not storming to the teller window at the bank and transferring funds.

That family deserves no peace on this earth. They better hope there isn't a hell because they're headed there.

I_D

Oct 27, 2017
There are far too many people in this thread celebrating a crime.

I dislike Devos as much as anybody, but nobody deserves to have their stuff destroyed or damaged.

Dobby

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There are far too many people in this thread celebrating a crime.

I dislike Devos as much as anybody, but nobody deserves to have their stuff destroyed or damaged.
I agree with you. It's safe enough for us here on page 5 to make this opinion known.

We, as a civilized society, don't get to pick and choose which laws to break.

"But she broke so many laws to be a billionaire!" is not the correct response.