• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
HiwQELz.jpg

Better Call Saul Season 4 will premiere on Monday, August 6th on AMC. The show has already been renewed for a fifth season. There has not been any recent indication as to how long the show will run, but it doesn't (yet) sound like S5 is the final season. Season 4 will consist of 10 episodes.

In Season 4, Chuck's death catalyzes Jimmy McGill's transformation into Saul Goodman. In the wake of his loss, Jimmy takes steps into the criminal world that will put his future as a lawyer — and his relationship with Kim — in jeopardy. Chuck's death deeply affects former colleagues Howard and Kim as well, putting the two of them once again on opposite sides of a battle sparked by the Brothers McGill.

Meanwhile, Mike Ehrmantraut takes a more active role as Madrigal Electromotive's newest (and most thorough) security consultant. It's a volatile time to be in Gus Fring's employ, as Hector's collapse sends shock waves throughout the Albuquerque underworld and throws the cartel into chaos — tearing apart both Gus and Nacho's well-laid plans. While Gus changes course, Nacho finds himself in the crosshairs of deadly forces.

Trailer:

Additional videos: (youtube)

Sneak peek clips from the premiere:

Reviews:
IndieWire said:
How have things changed in Season 4? The answer is simple: just more, but better, deeper, and more daring. Grade: A
Onion A|V Club said:
And make no mistake: The way season four kicks into gear with such confidence and precision has all the markings of Breaking Bad's clockwork plotting. Grade: A-

Birbo

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait, but already dreading whatever happens to make Jimmy and Kim's relationship go south.

Oct 30, 2017
Does AMC put episodes online to stream after episode premiers? Cause I'll pay the cash to get episodes through Xbox Live if I have too, but I'd much rather stream them. (Don't have cable anymore, but I can't miss my BCS fix)

OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Does AMC put episodes online to stream after episode premiers? Cause I'll pay the cash to get episodes through Xbox Live if I have too, but I'd much rather stream them. (Don't have cable anymore, but I can't miss my BCS fix)
They do stream episodes, but you have to log in with a cable provider to get access.

NYR

Oct 27, 2017
Was not ready for this show to be on, I always think of it as a spring show! Stoked it is back.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
HYYYYYPE.

But... I have a hunch that the moment of Jimmy and Kim's definitive estrangement is going to be some heartbreaking shit. I'm dreading it :'(

RigVertigo

Oct 31, 2017
I was lukewarm on the show when S1 premiered, but the whole thing is on Netflix and based on the praise it's garnered and it's longevity I'm gonna pound through.

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
Love this show. It's one of the few that I actually stick with and try to watch as each episode is released.

Another great thread by Cornballer . The s3 Easter Eggs video in the OP was an interesting watch.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just can't see how Jimmy becomes the Saul we are introduced to in S2 of Breaking Bad.

cheduff

Oct 27, 2017
Such a great show. Binged season 3 this past weekend. I fucking love how the show keeps you on the edge of your seat when some suspenseful shit is going down.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
These 3 seasons have been a slow burn culminating in what should be explosive S4.

IronRinn

Oct 25, 2017
This showed up on the AV Club. Looks interesting:

Edit: This was very good. Disagreed with some stuff near the end, but gave me some things to think about.

Last edited:

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping to rewatch seasons 1-3 but this snuck up on me. Very excited. This show very quietly became the best thing on TV.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So fucking ready

Just watched a preview clip from the first ep that immediately follows the events after Hector is taken to the Hospital, with Gus and Nacho

Keeng

Nov 1, 2017
Most of the way through Season 3 thanks to Netflix Canada being stupid, but it's really really really good. I've been waiting for Season 3 forever. Enjoy Season 4 and I'll let you all know how I like it sometime next year.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Can't wait. This is easily the best show on TV right now.

Does anyone know if the arrangement will be the same in regards to UK showings? It's always been that the episode is released on Tuesdays on Netflix and I'd hate if that were to change.

OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Den of Geek review
Better Call Saul could very well be on Breaking Bad's level now but that's not the point. It's the storytelling infrastructure. It can no longer fail - it has ceased to have the capacity to be anything other than one of TV's best shows. You give Gilligan, Gould, and the writing team four seasons about an Albuquerque mail carrier, podiatrist, or anyone else and that would end up on Breaking Bad's level too.
Newsday review
BOTTOM LINE The precision of "Saul's" craftsmanship — writing, direction, acting, and all the way down to craft services, for all I know — makes this the best series on TV. And there really is no contest. 4 out of 4 stars

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
How involved is Vince Gilligan in this show? I thought he wasn't as involved as he was in Breaking Bad but he doesn't have any other projects besides this one. Is he the showrunner?

Status
Not open for further replies.