• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
More reviews:
Newsday said:
The best show on TV remains — emphatically — the best.
EW said:
Twelve years into the lead role, Odenkirk keeps finding new shades of goofy charisma and freaky desperation, and the Saulification of Jimmy is a performance within a performance.
RogerEbert.com said:
One of many remarkable things about "Saul" is how the writers have defied the common trap of prequels in that we still feel urgency even though we know that nothing too bad can happen to Saul, Mike, and Gus because that wouldn't line up with "Breaking Bad." ... The truly remarkable accomplishments of "Better Call Saul" that make it arguably the best drama on TV are in the subtlety and nuance of the characters—both in terms of writing and performance.

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
The urgency for me is Kim. Although I think if something truly bad happened to Kim Jimmy would have been completely broken.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The urgency for me is Kim. Although I think if something truly bad happened to Kim Jimmy would have been completely broken.

Agreed. I'm so sure she's not gonna die just because they've already faked that out once before with the car accident. I was reading this theory that Kim may not be the one who leaves Jimmy, but Jimmy as Saul leaves Kim.

Apr 19, 2018
The fact Jimmy gives her the opportunity to stop him and she still lets him is something I didn't see coming. She knows inevitably this was always what he was going to become.

Jimmy's moral scruples here reminds me just a bit with the way Season One ends transitioning into the opening of Season 2, where he makes the proclamation that "he'll never make that mistake again" as he seemingly blows off Davis & Main -- only to decide to return.

The fact that he's still just on the cusp of becoming Saul Goodman -- basically throwing himself a lifeline when he asks Kim if he should slow his roll -- is something I really like about the character. I reckon that by the end of the new season (or sooner) that may not be the case anymore. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.