• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kVH2LpZd

Apr 3, 2019
One thing I asked myself since they showed up: Are the two dudes Saul is representing now supposed to be Skinny Pete and Badger? Because they look like the young versions of them, especially the Skinny Pete type?

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Best part of the episode was surprise Aphex Twin.

Great season so far.

OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I asked myself since they showed up: Are the two dudes Saul is representing now supposed to be Skinny Pete and Badger? Because they look like the young versions of them, especially the Skinny Pete type?
There's some similarity, but they have different names (Sticky & Ron vs Badger (Brandon) & Pete).

I also just realized that Lyle was Jason Hood on Banshee. Was wondering where I'd seen him before.

Apr 19, 2018
bcs4-phone.gif

Man, Gus' body language in this entire episode was palpable.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
My thoughts watching the episode:

- Oh no, Kim, don't! (I know you feel shitty about your job, but this is not going to go the way you think!)

- Oh no, Jimmy, don't! (Howard pisses you off, but he's not a bad guy!)

- Oh no, Mike, don't! (Just apologize to your daughter, granddaughter, and move past it, don't go looking to get yourself beat up by street toughs!)

Howard is one of my favorite characters on the show. I get that Jimmy's still pissed at him. It seems like he hates that Howard's managed to (or at least is attempting to) move past his grief and get on with his life. Sure he comes off a bit smarmy, but... he's not really a bad guy. Other than delaying the Sandpiper settlement just to stop Jimmy from getting his payday when he really needed it, I think he's right - all that bad blood between them was really because of Chuck.

CrunchyB

Oct 29, 2017
I liked Howard too, but then I remembered that time he was picking on Kim. Screw that guy and his ugly car :p

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to think Kim's disappearance will be something like her saying she needs to stay away from Jimmy because she doesn't like the version of herself that she wants to be when she's around him. Which is someone that wants to play the goody when she can and walk the line when she can as well. Can't do both.. And it will be heartbreaking.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
HOLY SHIT Rhea Seahorn is 47?

was looking to see if she was gonna be in any future projects after listening to the BCS podcast and Jesus Christ I thought she was mid 30's.

God damn she needs to be in more and better things than Inside Man 2 wtf. Or maybe just a better agent.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I continue to be confused on how we're supposed to view Howard. Are we supposed to not like him? Because he seems like a super good dude.

Oct 27, 2017
I continue to be confused on how we're supposed to view Howard. Are we supposed to not like him? Because he seems like a super good dude.

He's a nice(ish) guy, but Jimmy holds a grudge. I think he's the Skylar of this show. People may not like him because they like Jimmy, not realizing Jimmy is sort of a self-sabotaging conman.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
He's a nice(ish) guy, but Jimmy holds a grudge. I think he's the Skylar of this show. People may not like him because they like Jimmy, not realizing Jimmy is sort of a self-sabotaging conman.
I think that's a good comparison. Except Skylar wasn't very likable (even though her behavior was completely justified). Howard is.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The best thing about Gus being so unhappy about the cleaning job was that once the worker left, he moved one of the handles a couple of mm so it was perfectly aligned, almost as if that was his problem 😂

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
Why did Gus make that dude stay behind to extra deep clean that fryer? Just a power play? But why...

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
Having an alibi or a scapegoat in case they somehow traced that call to the Los Pollos?

This makes the most sense. I was thinking something like this the entire time, but then when everything is over, I excepted him to tell the worker he did great and send him home gracefully.

But he didn't which confused me again.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
we can kinda see where the season is going now huh

- downfall of Kim due to conflict of interest getting her boyfriend to represent Acker
- Jimmy then going way too far in order to win with Acker, pulling off some illegal shit
- Somehow this illegal shit involves the Salamancas, therefore tying Kim to them
- Jimmy wins the case, giving him fame, loses Kim in the process

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
we can kinda see where the season is going now huh

- downfall of Kim due to conflict of interest getting her boyfriend to represent Acker
- Jimmy then going way too far in order to win with Acker, pulling off some illegal shit
- Somehow this illegal shit involves the Salamancas, therefore tying Kim to them
- Jimmy wins the case, giving him fame, loses Kim in the process

I could definitely see your last point becoming true and something I didn't think about. This could be a huge high profile case that throws Saul into the limelight and Kim into the shitter.

However, I disagree that the Salamancas will tie into the Acker case that much aside from the Saul connection. I think in the way these past seasons have had the Jimmy and Kim story separate from the Salamancas and Mike and Gus stories will continue.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
Damn hope Gus doesn't kill poor Lyle.

Had a holy shit moment when I was rewatching breaking bad. In season 2 when Walt + Jesse has Saul at gunpoint in the desert, he yells "It was Ignacio!" "You guys are with Lalo right? Lalo sent you?"

we're closing in on the BB timeline boys

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Damn hope Gus doesn't kill poor Lyle.

Had a holy shit moment when I was rewatching breaking bad. In season 2 when Walt + Jesse has Saul at gunpoint in the desert, he yells "It was Ignacio!" "You guys are with Lalo right? Lalo sent you?"

we're closing in on the BB timeline boys

I think they can probably wrap it up at any time and have it make just as much sense.

I want to see them somehow tie up Marie and Skylar's story in the future timeline.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Such a good show. There's always something going on that makes you wonder what it leads to. It's satisfying the see the result.

Noctilum

Nov 28, 2017
It would be cool if they merged into breaking bad by end of this season and all of next season was Saul's epilogue.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
HOLY SHIT Rhea Seahorn is 47?

was looking to see if she was gonna be in any future projects after listening to the BCS podcast and Jesus Christ I thought she was mid 30's.

God damn she needs to be in more and better things than Inside Man 2 wtf. Or maybe just a better agent.
She's been around for over 20 years at this point, she certainly wasn't 23 when the Shaggy Dog remake came out in 2006.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Finally got the last episode; felt very "off" to me. Everything too over the top, from that first scene that over-stayed it's welcome, to how Mike / Gus / Howard / Hank / Gomey pretty much everyone was acting like an exaggerated version of themselves to how obnoxiously cliche the 2 new meth head skinny pete and badger types were.

Like the show just went off the rails for me. Need to watch again to validate (or hopefully change) those feelings.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
My guess is that, much like BB, only the series finale will be set after the time-jump. We'll see, though.