• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
lUvyQhu.jpg

Better Call Saul Season 5 will premiere on Sunday, February 23rd on AMC before moving to it's usual timeslot on Monday evenings. The show has already been renewed for a sixth and final season. Season 5 will consist of 10 episodes.

EP501 - "Magic Man" - Sunday, Feb 23rd​
EP502 - "50% Off" - Monday, Feb 24th​
EP503 - "The Guy For This" - Monday, March 2nd​
...​

In Season 5, Jimmy McGill's decision to practice law as "Saul Goodman" creates unexpected and profound waves of change for those in his orbit.

Videos:

Photos:
fgkCUKs.jpg
9hBl5hc.jpg
xTGaSC8.jpg
Hs2VQvB.jpg
pArVEcY.jpg

Reviews:
Newsday said:
The best show on TV remains — emphatically — the best.
EW said:
Twelve years into the lead role, Odenkirk keeps finding new shades of goofy charisma and freaky desperation, and the Saulification of Jimmy is a performance within a performance.
Roger Ebert.com said:
One of many remarkable things about "Saul" is how the writers have defied the common trap of prequels in that we still feel urgency even though we know that nothing too bad can happen to Saul, Mike, and Gus because that wouldn't line up with "Breaking Bad." ... The truly remarkable accomplishments of "Better Call Saul" that make it arguably the best drama on TV are in the subtlety and nuance of the characters—both in terms of writing and performance.
Variety said:
"Better Call Saul," in the early going of its fifth and penultimate season, remains the picture of white-knuckled but real restraint. As played in this prequel by Odenkirk, Saul, who will eventually become a drug kingpin's amoral lawyer, plays as fast-and-loose with certain aspects of legal ethics as ever, but he still maintains a grip on certain core tenets of his fading former self, an ambitious idealist. The prolonged slip from compromise into amorality makes "Better Call Saul" compelling in the long view — a show whose years-long portrait of entropy is riveting.
Slashfilm said:
What a wonder this show is. The world of TV will be worse off when it's gone. With next season already established to be the last, Better Call Saul is catching up to Breaking Bad faster than ever before. Some familiar Bad faces pop-up (I won't tell you who, even though you probably know by now), and yet the brilliance of this show is that nothing seems entirely inevitable. Yes, we know this is a tragedy. Yes, we sort of know where the story is going. But Better Call Saul continues to keep us guessing while keeping us on the edge of our seats. We hope things will turn out for the best, even though we know that's no longer possible.
Collider said:
I'm not exactly sure when it happened, but Better Call Saul is now firmly one of the most heartbreaking tragedies on television. What began as a flighty, entertaining prequel to one of the best TV shows of all time, Breaking Bad, soon couldn't deny the dramatic tension at the heart of Jimmy McGill (Bob Odenkirk). Whereas we began the show eager to see how Jimmy turns into Saul Goodman, the transformation is now fully underway and it could not be more gut-wrenching. Better Call Saul Season 5 digs deeper than ever into the sorrow at the heart of Jimmy and the characters that surround him, and along the way solidifies a feeling I've had for some time now—Better Call Saul just might be a better TV show than Breaking Bad. 5 out of 5 stars
Den of Geek said:
Saul operates with confidence and impeccable craft, sticking to its always steady pace while reminding the audience how far these characters have come, and in many cases, fallen. 4 out of 5 stars
Paste said:
It can be easy to take for granted just how consistently good Better Call Saul is, a legacy of the show's spin-off origins from arguably one of the TV's greatest series. But of course that same creative crew would find it easy to achieve a similar level of excellence. The real surprise is the way in which that team, working with a different tone and scale, create moments of drama which can transcend what Breaking Bad achieved during its run.
Consequence of Sound said:
The new season picks up right where the last one left off, moving closer and closer to the known future, all while keeping the path full of enough mystery so the journey stays captivating from start to finish.
TV Guide said:
This is why Better Call Saul is better at being a prequel than other prequels are: It understands that the tragedy of fate is baked into the story. The more the world of Breaking Bad bears down on the characters, the more impossible it becomes for them to redefine themselves. And yet Jimmy still believes a new name will make him a champion for the little guy. Maybe the saddest thing about Better Call Saul was never that Jimmy McGill would become Saul Goodman but that even at his most Saul he's still Jimmy McGill.

Last edited:

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
So are we getting two episodes two days in a row or is it this Sunday and then the next episode on March 2nd?

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I hope something major eventually happens with Kim over the next two seasons, and it's not just the leaves him and goes away.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
I just finished binging S4 yesterday since its finally on Netflix.

Mother of God. I should not have slept on it for so long.
Easily still the best show on TV.

Is this the final season?
edit: ahh in OP one more season.

Mikoby

Oct 28, 2017
Looking forward to one of my (if not the one) favourite shows atm and the icing on the cake is that Cornballer is in charge as back in the days! Will be watching in Sweden one day late so won't be able to chat with you guys when the episode drops but this will be a ride to remember!

OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
So are we getting two episodes two days in a row or is it this Sunday and then the next episode on March 2nd?
Explained above, but there are episodes on the Sunday the 23rd and Monday the 24th followed by every Monday after that. I put a mini-schedule in the OP because it's a bit confusing.
Looking forward to one of my (if not the one) favourite shows atm and the icing on the cake is that Cornballer is in charge as back in the days! Will be watching in Sweden one day late so won't be able to chat with you guys when the episode drops but this will be a ride to remember!
giphy.gif

Mikoby

Oct 28, 2017
Rewatched (binged) S4 just now and it was even better than I remembered. The acting was sublime. Can't wait!

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
tumblr_pixmnzjzeT1qdkmdyo1_1280.png

tinysnails.tumblr.com

tinysnails

Some Better Call Saul fanart. Who else loves this show? I love Jimmy and Kim so much and can't wait for season 5! :')

Deleted member 6769

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait! Bob Odenkirk and Rhea Seehorn have been incredible so far and I know that they -- and the writers -- will keep on one-upping themselves.

nStruct

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Seattle, WA
Anyone know if there's somewhere I can buy the season in 4K in the US? I see HD versions on iTunes, Amazon, and Vudu but would love to buy it in 4K if possible.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't know there was gonna be a sixth season. Oh, this is interesting.

And ye, at this point this show has surpassed Breaking Bad for me. One of the best shows.

Mikoby

Oct 28, 2017
Besides looking forward to the season and this topic It'll be great to listen to the insider podcast again. Sure it gets a little self-indulgent but the insight I get there is bar none (well maybe dissect podcast can compete but that's another topic) in the business.

Haven't paid attention if Kelley Dixon will join the podcast again or not but I hope that Skip Macdonald will try to keep it more focused on the episode at hand but I guess that's not gonna happen. Will still listen though!

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Oh nice, didn't know we were getting two eps in back to back days. Can't wait.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I looked forward to this show more than GOT when they both were airing. I will hate to see it go, but it must.

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
My GF had never watched Breaking Bad or BCS, so I forced her to start BB. Three episodes in and she was hooked and we binged both series with El Camino in between. Now she is super hyped for season 5, so my devious plan worked.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Finally.

I really hope YouTube TV steps up the quality of their AMC stream. Everything I watch on AMC is so grainy and pixelated it makes things hard to see especially in dark scenes. Other channels don't have that issue for me. Granted, the only other things I watch no YouTube TV is sports which is inherently bright. I think I might have had Vue when the previous season was airing, though.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I bet nothing bad is going to happen and Jimmy and Kim will live happily ever after.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, only the premiere is on Sunday and it plays every Monday after. We're getting the first two episodes in a row, then episode 3 on March 2.

Can't wait.
I believe we get an episode Sunday and then Monday. And then it's every Monday.
Explained above, but there are episodes on the Sunday the 23rd and Monday the 24th followed by every Monday after that. I put a mini-schedule in the OP because it's a bit confusing.
giphy.gif

This pleases me.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Yay! I was wondering when this would air. I felt like I kept hearing about it in January but I wasn't sure when it was actually back.

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, just reading that UK will get it weekly on Mondays, which is fine but makes no mention of the two episodes in one week so it's possible we might be one week behind.

DarthSontin

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
What's the best way to watch for cord-cutters? Last season we paid with Google credit to buy it on the Play Store. Might have to do that again since it's not on Hulu and doesn't come to Netflix for a year.