• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Driver link: https://github.com/Davidobot/BetterJoyForCemu

Since I'm an old fart and playing on console for god knows how long I contacted the awesome dev behind BetterJoyForCemu PC driver to enable the JoyCon to function vertically as a WASD alternative:

dewix9f.jpg

I still have to use apps (currently using a paid app called Rewasd) to remap buttons like capture/minus to something else like back/guide buttons but if you don't care then give it a try or try xbox360ce (free I believe).

Plus the extra buttons especially shoulder buttons are handy either for abilities or jump/crouch depending on the hero used.

The thing I like about BetterJoyForCemu as opposed to Rewasd is that the the syncing lights don't flash like crazy. It works correctly thanks to the driver. The only things I feel I'm missing is a better grip for the Joy Con and a better analog stick. I might look for something on Amazon or perhaps when companies like Hori release a wireless JoyCon.

I know this is blasphemy to the PC folks but it's an option worth looking at.

P.S: Not even the Logitech G Pro Wireless could save my bronze tier trash aim lol.

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
I'm trying this as a general xinput device and it's working with my Steam games, but it's somewhat laggy and the analog sticks don't seem to have full range. I read on the github page that there's a "fix" for that and mentioned settings to adjust, but I believe that's for CEMU only.

So I can't really use this atm, as much as I would love to.

Oct 25, 2017
The only issue with this is joycons are not great :(

I use half a DS4 and mouse for most shooters, so an actual half controller would be nice. I used to use the PS move navigation controller, but setting that up is a paaaaain.

OP
OP
MCD

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying this as a general xinput device and it's working with my Steam games, but it's somewhat laggy and the analog sticks don't seem to have full range. I read on the github page that there's a "fix" for that and mentioned settings to adjust, but I believe that's for CEMU only.

So I can't really use this atm, as much as I would love to.

Did you try contacting the dev via email? He is pretty quick and helpful. If not, write the issue in detail here and I can link it to him.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
If they sold Joycons separately, I'd be all over this. Still looking into finding a left PS motion controller, though.

edit:It'd be even better if we could just grab one half of a VR controller and call it a day.

Evil Lucario

Feb 16, 2019
That's pretty cool. Definitely a niche feature that some can appreciate.

Question though, does gyro still drift when connecting Pro Controllers? I absolutely hate how my Pro Controller just won't work properly with gyro when on CEMU. And it's been an issue with multiple people last I checked.