• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

glebanych

Dec 8, 2017
Kyiv, Ukraine
So I just received my XDefiant invite for the wrong platform and decided to check if it was my mistake.
Nope, my platform of choice is XSX and I got an invite for the PC version of the game.

I've signed up for the BG&E 2 beta years ago and had Xbox One chosen there but it looks like at least the beta will be current-gen only.

hr0O98b.jpg

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Beyond Good and Evil 2 is literally the only Ubisoft game I'm excited for in the future.

And it's unfortunate that I won't get to play it because Ubisoft isn't getting a nickel out of me.

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game won't be out for another few years, it's pretty obvious that it's not a last-gen game anymore

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They must have accidentally typed in PS5 instead of PS6

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
This game will likely have nothing in common with the OG game, so at some point you gotta wonder when the name change announcement is comin.

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
this game was announced in 2008 as a sequel to the first game

in 2018, Jade's voice actress passed away

I have 0 hype for whatever clusterfuck this is going to be

chuey

Oct 28, 2017
Are they still taking art work from fans, putting into the game, and not paying royalties? Whatever happen to that?

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't understand why they chose this IP to do this mega ambitious project, people just wanted a fun little sequel to the first game...

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
I just registered for space monkey program and it only let me register for PC, PS4 or XOne

Oct 26, 2017
I'm a huge fan of the original but I felt pretty 'meh' about the trailer. Plus, Ubisoft shelters sexual abusers so I have no interest in supporting them anyway.

this game was announced in 2008 as a sequel to the first game

in 2018, Jade's voice actress passed away

I have 0 hype for whatever clusterfuck this is going to be

I didn't know this.... :(

CrunchyFrog

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think you can even call it scope "creep," just the fundamental design for this game seems far too big for Ubisoft to manage. This game will either not release in the form they said it would or it'll get quietly canned/morphed into something else. Ancel isn't even around anymore to shepherd whatever this game's vision was in the first place. **See Skull and Bones

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
OP, I signed up for XDefiant PS5 but I received PC too. What is going on? Te beta is only for PC?

Edit: NVM I checked evryone got it for PC. It seems PC only for now.

Last edited:

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
At least we live in a world where phantomware has the decency to not be crossgen.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
When was this originally announced again? Around 10 years ago? Like the original CG trailer with Pey'j? What a ride...

I don't think I have ever so completely stopped caring about a game I once wanted so badly. Just rename it and make it its own thing and let the corpse of BG&E rest already. It's embarrassing at this point.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the heads up OP.

I thought I signed up for this a long time ago, but my selection was gone.

Oct 27, 2017
Meh, this will probably never release anyway. It sounds stupidly ambitious, it's been 'in development' for a decade plus change and Michel Ancel no longer works for Ubisoft either. Seems like a perfect recipe for vapourware.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to play to this on my PS6

(I actually can wait because this will just be another bloated Ubisoft Open-World)

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I mean, it probably was planned and developed for last gen, before they restarted it, or before they restarted that, or before they restarted that.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
lol. This game.

This game feels like it's been "in dev" or "hinted at" being worked on almost half of my adult life at this point. When was it originally announced? Like 2007? 2008?

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Remember when that pig was going to get a really shiny thing then it melted away and the monkey tricked him

IT WAS A METAPHOR FOR THIS GAME