• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Yesterday BGE2's home site confirmed there would be a livestream for the game on June 5th. (6PM Paris Time translates to 12PM EST.)

It's that time again! Please join us for our next Space Monkey Report livestream, 5 June at 6 PM (CEST, Paris time) on Twitch, YouTube and Facebook.

You continue to inspire us by sharing your ideas and creativity with the Beyond Good and Evil 2 dev team and community, and we really appreciate our Space Monkeys' passion and dedication!
This year, as we are focusing on core development milestones, we will not be attending E3 2019. We will, however, continue our commitment to the Space Monkey Program and keep you updated on the game's development and how we're building the world of Beyond Good and Evil 2.

We look forward to sharing more with you, including new gameplay footage, when the time is right. If you missed Space Monkey Report #4, including a pre-alpha commented demo walkthrough of BGE2, now's your chance to catch up before the next livestream.

The last time we got one of these, they showed this:

Gameplay starts at 15:30.

This keeps with the consistent updates we've gotten on this game since E3 2017, and explains why it's not mentioned in the UbiE3 video.

What is concerning is the "we look forward to sharing more, including new gameplay footage, when the time is right". That implies this new stream may not have any new gameplay footage. If that's so, expect it to be more like Space Monkey Report #1 which was more basic and delved into the lore.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
I hope it is what they showed.

Ps5 and next box are almost guaranteed given the gameplay they showed.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have much hopes for this game in practical terms. I fear it's just gonna end up as a seemingly super duper ambitious concept game without much well designed and meaningful, satisfying content going for it.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah im guessing the next time we see substantial gameplay is at whatever reveal event for xbox 2 or ps5

Mashing

Oct 28, 2017
When was this game first discovered (i.e. not a rumor)? It seems it's been in development for ages.

peter42O

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
Ubisoft must have a few other games to show because no Skull & Bones and now, no Beyond Good and Evil 2 tells me that they have other stuff unless it's going to be a short showcase from them which would be weird considering they usually go almost 2 hours every year.

Porky

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Mar 16, 2019
This is so next-gen. I also don't know how they're going to fill all of that space out with meaningful stuff to do.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
That's fine, as long as development is going strong on this. Cross gen title makes sense for this given their vision, scale, and asset quality they're going for.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
First Pokemon, now this. TBH this is what E3 should be now. More than the 2-3 days of conferences crammed together, it should be scheduled dedicated live-streams of games. Basically taking the Treehouse formula and breaking it up over 2-3 weeks. Maybe not for every company, but for most of them, probably. And you can do it with trailer reveals too. Look at how many people tuned in for Death Stranding alone.

Bethesda's the prime candidate for this. Their conference was a solution for revealing Fallout 4 but every other conference since then hasn't had anything with as much weight as that one. Feels silly that they keep pushing this format with so little to show every year from the same 4 franchises.

All this being said, I will tune in.

OP
OP
SageShinigami

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
should have saved it for the E3 conference :(

If they're not showing gameplay, there's no point. And if they know for sure they're putting this on next-gen, that might be a reason why they're showing holding off on showing gameplay. No Watch Dogs "downgradeaton" BS again.

First Pokemon, now this. TBH this is what E3 should be now. More than the 2-3 days of conferences crammed together, it should be scheduled dedicated live-streams of games. Basically taking the Treehouse formula and breaking it up over 2-3 weeks. Maybe not for every company, but for most of them, probably. And you can do it with trailer reveals too. Look at how many people tuned in for Death Stranding alone.

Bethesda's the prime candidate for this. Their conference was a solution for revealing Fallout 4 but every other conference since then hasn't had anything with as much weight as that one. Feels silly that they keep pushing this format with so little to show every year from the same 4 franchises.

All this being said, I will tune in.

Bethesda shouldn't be renting out a hall, but I'd definitely have a conference. Something shorter and more Nintendo Direct like.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Bethesda shouldn't be renting out a hall, but I'd definitely have a conference. Something shorter and more Nintendo Direct like.
I think a conference needs to be a solution to a problem for them. And for the last 3 years it's been a solution they don't need. There was no REAL need to reveal Starfield or Elder Scrolls 6, they just did it to fill a conference because they need those boxes checked. If they even want to consolidate demos for an hour-long show, cool. They do not need a formal press conference anymore.

OP
OP
SageShinigami

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I think a conference needs to be a solution to a problem for them. And for the last 3 years it's been a solution they don't need. There was no REAL need to reveal Starfield or Elder Scrolls 6, they just did it to fill a conference because they need those boxes checked. If they even want to consolidate demos for an hour-long show, cool. They do not need a formal press conference anymore.

I don't disagree with this. I mostly think they revealed Starfield and Elder Scrolls b/c they wanted people to shut up about it.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of the very few games that I anticipate (Cyberpunk 2077, Death Stranding). And thanks to SageShinigami for embedding the last video. I actually missed that, so I'm watching it now. And while it still looks early, I like their artstyle, character designs, concepts and ideas.

OP
OP
SageShinigami

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
This is one of the very few games that I anticipate (Cyberpunk 2077, Death Stranding). And thanks to SageShinigami for embedding the last video. I actually missed that, so I'm watching it now. And while it still looks early, I like their artstyle, character designs, concepts and ideas.

No problem! I never got a chance to play BGE, so BGE2 is all I've known about the franchise. I was sold from day one. This is the kind of universe I'd love to explore and get lost in, so I follow it pretty closely.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
I don't disagree with this. I mostly think they revealed Starfield and Elder Scrolls b/c they wanted people to shut up about it.
I think you're right, and it's crazy how that works. Speculation of something's existence is so much louder than it's actual confirmation. Elder Scrolls 6 is likely 3+ more years away, Starfield only slightly less, and they won't show them again for ages.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ubisoft must have a few other games to show because no Skull & Bones and now, no Beyond Good and Evil 2 tells me that they have other stuff unless it's going to be a short showcase from them which would be weird considering they usually go almost 2 hours every year.
Well, there's the new Ghost Recon game and... Watch Dogs 3? Maybe an Assassin's Creed: Ragnarok (or whatever it will be called) teaser but seeing as that's more than a year away, I don't think it's terribly likely. Perhaps some new content for Division 2? Wasn't there also supposed to be some new cooperation between them and Nintendo after Mario + Rabbids was received so well? That could be at their conference, too. And I guess they'll have a few more casual games like they do every year. Just Dance, probably that weird Roller Champions thing. And then there's always the possibility of them reviving an old IP. Prince of Persia or Splinter Cell perhaps? The latter is probably more likely than the former.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I think you're right, and it's crazy how that works. Speculation of something's existence is so much louder than it's actual confirmation. Elder Scrolls 6 is likely 3+ more years away, Starfield only slightly less, and they won't show them again for ages.

Announcing their next Single-player games was making amends for Fallout 76 being a multi-player title.

Basically reassuring their hardcore fans "here, we're making this trendy GAAS to have some cash so that we can keep making the games we know you REALLY want"

On topic: I am okay with BG&E2 skipping E3. A new fancy trailer would've been nice, but the game SCREAMS "next gen" (and, if I'm honest, "stadia launch exclusive", though I hope not). It's one of those games I want them to take as much time as necessary to get it right. A dedicated stream with a progress update but without the E3 mega-hype is a good strategy if the game's still ways off from launch.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Well that makes no sense. Unless the game is still reeaaallly early.

peter42O

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
Well, there's the new Ghost Recon game and... Watch Dogs 3? Maybe an Assassin's Creed: Ragnarok (or whatever it will be called) teaser but seeing as that's more than a year away, I don't think it's terribly likely. Perhaps some new content for Division 2? Wasn't there also supposed to be some new cooperation between them and Nintendo after Mario + Rabbids was received so well? That could be at their conference, too. And I guess they'll have a few more casual games like they do every year. Just Dance, probably that weird Roller Champions thing. And then there's always the possibility of them reviving an old IP. Prince of Persia or Splinter Cell perhaps? The latter is probably more likely than the former.

Avatar could be a possibility. Ubisoft loves showing games two to three years in advance so that could be one of the games as well. Hoping for Kingdom Battle 2.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
This game man....

Seriously, it feels like 3+ years out based on the wording ugh. I remain hopeful that this turns out well but it seems to be going verrrrry slowly, and really doesn't seem like a BG+E sequel, at least not in look and feel. I'll be sure to watch this and hope everything comes out good in the end *finger crossed*

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
At this point it shouldn't be anything less than cross-gen. But if they can't make it until 2021, I see no reason why they shouldn't just make it a PS5 game.
because making it playable for ps4 mean downgrading the scope of what they have in mind, I totally expect it to be Next Gen and not dual

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
At this point it shouldn't be anything less than cross-gen. But if they can't make it until 2021, I see no reason why they shouldn't just make it a PS5 game.
Agreed. I think they should just target PS5/next-gen at this point, they really should have been already given how late into the gen they started and the scope of the game they've been describing. It feels like it's still a couple of years out.

Last edited:

peter42O

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
Honestly, I was never expecting BG&E 2 to be a current gen game or even cross gen. Was and still am expecting it to be a next gen game which is what I would prefer anyway.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Really couldn't care less at this point. I still absolute adore the original game, but this is like a completely different genre at this point. Doesn't pick up the story where it left off, which is a huge deal breaker considering how it was left off. I want more Jade & Pey'j post-DomZ war. Instead I get a foul mouthed chimp.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Sad to here that. It was one of the few games I was really excited to see this E3. With Sony out, and EA not really having much to show, I was really hoping this would be the highlight for Ubisoft. I do hope the stream turns out to be really good though.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Ubi Montpellier appears to treat this like a crowdfunded project, even though it clearly isn't.

It's an... interesting approach to say the least.

I mean, the loredump's interesting, but the team's not giving us much in terms of the actual game. Though they are sketching out the concept somewhat- at least when it comes to early game.

They did say they'll be answering questions "in the coming weeks"... we'll see if that happens.

Imho, this is gonna be released in like 2022. Everything since that 1st trailer about Ganesha City screamed " next gen", and I'm totally okay with that. Ubi had to reveal it when it did, cuz they were threatened by a takeover by Vivendi, but I'd rather them take as much time as needed for something this massive.

As long as they make these updates more frequentl (like once a quarter or smth), I'm alright with it.

ShinJohnpv

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't see why if I was a fan of the first BG&E I should have any interest in this. Because gameplay wise this isn't what I want in a BG&E sequel.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just don't see why if I was a fan of the first BG&E I should have any interest in this. Because gameplay wise this isn't what I want in a BG&E sequel.
agreed 100%. i just don't see the point in calling it beyond good and evil 2 if this doesn't have much to do with the original. i would kind get it if the original was a massive hit and they wanted to use that brand name to make this game more appealing, but it was a flop.

Cyborg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

I agree. It has been to long for the sequal to arrive. This has nothing to do with the orginal in my opinion nor it has the charm and "magic" of the original.

I still need to see more but Im super dissapointed.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Another title which was revealed way too early. No matter though, I hope they can keep it under wraps and show it when it's actually ready.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I agree. It has been to long for the sequal to arrive. This has nothing to do with the orginal in my opinion nor it has the charm and "magic" of the original.

I still need to see more but Im super dissapointed.
Yeah. I'm very skeptical if it'll have any of that great charm or "magic" again, especially because this isn't at all what I really wanted from finally getting a second BG&E game, especially as primarily (by far) a single-player gamer. I wanted to continue (or even reboot if necessary, since it's been so long) Jade and Pey'j's journey and play as Jade herself again (like the old in-progress leaks and very old E3 Jade and Pey'j stuck on the side of the road teaser hinted at). And actually, I don't really mind the fun foul-mouthed chimp, had he been a new support character with an actual storyline in a new Jade adventure I think he'd fine.

I mean it's cool and successfully upped my interest that last year they wised up a bit and showed that this prequel will now at least have something of Jade and Pey'j to it, with younger Pey'j and evil Jade (instead of taking place before she's even born like originally announced) showing up in the trailer, along with captain who looks like probably her relative/mother from the first trailer, so maybe there will actually be something of a story at least to experience, even if brief, so that got me atleast somewhat interested again (along with some of the third-person gameplay footage's scale), but at the same time I wanted to finally play as Jade again in a second real big story adventure with them, rather than some create-a-character.

Last edited:

JediEagle

Oct 17, 2018
Slovenia
It's so hard for me to watch these streams. I remember (may be wrong) that at the beginning they said we could play offline. In the last year it changed to online only. It looks like it wants to be a Destiny/Anthem sort of game and I REALLY DO NOT WANT THAT.