• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Just got the mail :D

uDwJK6p.png

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Huh! Very unusual dev cycle/PR for this one. Are they just gonna pitch in showing us the latest build every now and then? That's pretty interesting and you can learn a lot once the final product ships!

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Guess they're adopting the model Final Fantasy XV was also using with their "Active Time Report" livestreams.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I'm really interested to see how they're gonna handle this more open approach to development, was kinda skeptical when they announced, it's not something you would expect from a big company like Ubisoft.

Definitely gonna watch this.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
can't help but feel disappointed by the direction that Ancel has chosen for this, as opposed to a sequel to what the game was, but always happy to see what he creates regardless

Oct 25, 2017
Beyond Good and Evil 2's direction makes more sense in the context of EA shutting down Respawn's Star Wars game and with the industry in general moving away from AAA solo experiences. There was no way an 10-20 hour single player game was going to be green lit in today's market. I still find the decision to have it as a prequel baffling; Keep the online elements, and stick with Jade as a protagonist, that would have been a better direction.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I can't bother to get hyped for this, not when we are literally YEARS away from a release (if it doesn't get canned before then)

Oct 25, 2017
Interested in seeing this approach of information of a game being given by a AAA publisher like Ubi.

Will try to watch this.

Wozman23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pico Rivera, CA
That reminds me, I don't think I every was able to sign up for the Space Monkey program, but I did now.

And, add me to the vocal minority of people who still really wish this was a direct, single player focused sequel.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
That's 12PM Eastern for folks in America. And I'm fascinated by the fact that this is timed like this. It's literally the same day as The Game Awards but it's not apart of the Game Awards.

Welcome though, because it's not just dropping off the map like I would've guessed.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Still hate the fact that this is a prequel and not any kind of continuation of Jade & Pey'j's story that were promised for years with the teasers/proof of concept vids & hints of Jade's story continuing.

But I'll be there day 1 if I can.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I'm really interested to see how they're gonna handle this more open approach to development, was kinda skeptical when they announced, it's not something you would expect from a big company like Ubisoft.

Definitely gonna watch this.

On the contrary, I feel like Ubisoft have their issues but they're genuinely a publisher that isn't too afraid to try different things - whether it's a new console, genre or approach to communication.

I've been a bit down on them recently but I feel like they're turning around their brand / image pretty well. Especially since the attempted buy out from Vivendi.

Not bad companies like EA and Activision are making it hard for them.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have really bad feelings about this game and what Ubisoft is going to do to it in today's climate.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
On the contrary, I feel like Ubisoft have their issues but they're genuinely a publisher that isn't too afraid to try different things - whether it's a new console, genre or approach to communication.

I've been a bit down on them recently but I feel like they're turning around their brand / image pretty well. Especially since the attempted buy out from Vivendi.

Not bad companies like EA and Activision are making it hard for them.

I agree, of all the big publishers, Ubisoft is the one taking more risks.
But what I understand from Ancel is taht BG&E2 is going to have a very open development, with a lot of input from the community. That's unprecedent from big publishers because they're gonna end up exposing a lot of their development process and maybe even some of technology being used.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
lol every thread this circlejerk, "it's about ethics in video games"

never played the first game looking forward to this from the gameplay i've seen, seems very interesting

I'm not like that at all and you don't need to put me into the juvenile "circle jerk" category, I wasn't talking from my own perspective but from a general image. I play Star Wars regularly but it's hard to not say that the whole thing has damaged their brand. I personally don't care.

But anyway I'm excited to see how this is coming along and just what kind of project itll end up being.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Looks like they have set up the stream on youtube now, obviously it's not running yet. 35 or so minutes away.

Oct 27, 2017
This fucking game looks fucking great, I can't fucking wait for this fucking game! Fuck yeah!!!!

In all seriousness, I am actually very excited for this game.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"You guys like, overwhelmingly, open world games."

Yet another blow to linear games, this time from gamers.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
This stream is being watched by less than 700 people. Holy fuck they're going to need a ridiculous marketing campaign to justify the size of this game. :P

"You guys like, overwhelmingly, open world games."

Yet another blow to linear games, this time from gamers.

I do indeed overwhemlingly like open-world games. Sorry not sorry.