• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
Is there even any word of the real money cosmetics?

Not that I'm desperate for them, but the lack of them suggests the game has gone wildly off track.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
Some of us have been playing battlefield for almost two decades. DICE can do better and I have way higher expectations out of battlefield because of that. Stop wasting time with single player and co-op and focus everything on multiplayer. Don't really care about the royale mode since that is criterion.

I've been playing since they dropped the bf1942 demo on a PC Gamer demo disc so I don't know if that's really relevant.

The series has changed, for better or worse, and in terms of the modern outings I think is a pretty good one.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
A disappointing bare bones launch has been followed by lackluster post launch support. Honestly things like BR modes, co-op modes, campaign and weapons from BF1 hold no value to me. I really like the BFV base gameplay and how squads are in this game, I feel it's a much better base than 1. But the lack of core maps is disappointing. Then you have rush, which should have been there at launch and is only supported on three maps from a very small map pool. Now we're waiting another month or so for just one map. I hope they drop the campaign in the next BF and just focus on the core multiplayer that the fanbase wants. I honestly don't even care about the lack of cosmetics I just want maps in guns akin to BF3's and BF4's post launch support.

Last edited:

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017
Well, it's good that we finally have an idea of when the next theater will hopefully be coming. Sucks that it's such a long wait until then.

It's quite good, yes, but they released it way too late for it too have much of an impact. I couldn't believe it wasn't available at launch, to be honest, it's all I would've played. I hated the sidekicks/mysticals BS they added to 4.

I agree. That would be cool if they made a spin-off Uncharted game featuring all the villains as playable characters.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I think my thoughts on this game are as follows...

It's a fun game, but very lacking in content and direction. They keep adding tons of modes (which is a bad move for a game that didn't sell that well) instead of maps. And then the thing that was supposed to fund new maps, microtransactions, aren't even in the game!

I have no idea why they didn't do the Gears 4/Siege thing with their content.

I'm going back to COD WWII. And maybe even Battlefield 1943.

EDIT: And another thing, I'll be the first to admit I rallied against season passes. However, I bought the season pass (premium pass as it's called in the Battlefield universe) every time it was offered, and not once did I feel I wasted my money.

Last edited:

CallmeDave

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they will use the Halvoy map in any capacity with the traditional multiplayer modes. Considering its 10 times the size of their other maps, they could cut it up and use different parts.

Last edited:

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
They got their money from the initial sale, every game from them that will have free dlc will always have drip feed content, just like BAttlefront 2.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea why they didn't do the Gears 4/Siege thing with their content.

EA doesn't want an 'endless' Battlefield that makes money, they want to still sell yearly titles. Even though if there was one PC community out there for shooters that would love and adore a live service game that was good, it'd be Battlefield. The past games are still very popular, and BFV is a great base to build from. They could probably grow the game considerably if they include this Pacific front + the Eastern front.

Instead, they'll just release 3 Pacific maps and a bunch of guns that should have been in the base game. Probably on to the BF4 sequel after that.

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
At this point, just give me BBC2 remake already and I'm good for the next 3-4 years.
Also, why, why on earth do they persist in developing solo and coop for this franchise?? 90% of the gamers buy this game for its multiplyaer. Stop wasting resources on things that nobody care about.

Nov 18, 2017
The mismanagement of this game is staggering, it's been a roadmap of incompetence: over-promising, under-delivering, backtracking.

EA/DICE usually turn it around but this one is starting to look unlikely.

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did they ever implement dragging wounded teammates? I remember that being a thing that got me interested, but then they said "It won't be available at launch".

Nov 18, 2017
Did they ever implement dragging wounded teammates? I remember that being a thing that got me interested, but then they said "It won't be available at launch".

Yeah the slow, tactical squad focus was one of the main draws, and then the beta happened and it turned out the changes made to the game were painful because no-one played that way and you spent most of your time running to objectives and staring at a respawn screen.

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
When I told every body not to trust them with a gaas nobody listened.

We already had an example with the same studios and the same publisher. That is a poor roadmap, but trust me, you are lucky... If you had to see what we had to endure with battlefront 2...

This has been the only battlefield I did not buy ( I was d1 since BF Vietnam).

I really do not know what they will do.

Season Pass splits the fanbase, but gaas is no go either with EA.

They think they can save money and not release anything worthwhile, when a proper gaas it's really a lot of work and money when you launch something.

I am just sad, I wished to buy the game eventually, but this looks like a complete skip from myself.

BF1 was amazing with his factions, here we still have only brits and germans

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Well, it's good that we finally have an idea of when the next theater will hopefully be coming. Sucks that it's such a long wait until then.

It's quite good, yes, but they released it way too late for it too have much of an impact. I couldn't believe it wasn't available at launch, to be honest, it's all I would've played. I hated the sidekicks/mysticals BS they added to 4.

I'm actually glad they are going with Pacific over Russia for the first major theatre. Wonder if the delays are partly because they pivoted dlc to bring sought after theatres earlier.

Also I really like UC4's multiplayer and the direction they went, still play occasionally.

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
Yep, such a disaster. My first battlefield game was BC2 and it was simply amazing. Looking at where we are now is so disappointing. Battlefield V really was a good surprise in some ways( new mechanics, etc) but then the lack of content, semi finishe product, bad communication, false promises, etc etc. how could they had so many wrong decisions. I mean I payed 50$+ for the game. Now I still need to until until Monday for a mode they should have been released already. Cmon, if it is already finished release it to the players in some kind of surprise, for example.
Look at apex, it came from nowhere. Not in bf we got teaser for a trailer, then a trailer and later the release. You are already too late to create hype or momentum. We need things released not announcement dates.

Oct 27, 2017
Once players move on to new games they for the most part don't comeback.

Highly debatable, but in this case, DICE's content is half of what is needed to maintain and grow the playerbase at best. Pacific Expansion can rally the playerbase (this is why it is being pushed ruining any shreds of chronology to the updates), but we are talking about something which will happen 5-6 months from now.

Joke updates like Practice Range, Co-op and vehicle variants are not doing anything to stop the currently bleeding and exhausted content. The entire Lighting Strikes chapter was a nothingburger. We are not even going to have any French events/factions in the WW2 game.

Oct 25, 2017
Highly debatable, but in this case, DICE's content is half of what is needed to maintain and grow the playerbase at best. Pacific Expansion can rally the playerbase (this is why it is being pushed ruining any shreds of chronology to the updates), but we are talking about something which will happen 5-6 months from now.

Joke updates like Practice Range, Co-op and vehicle variants are not doing anything to stop the currently bleeding and exhausted content. The entire Lighting Strikes chapter was a nothingburger. We are not even going to have any French events/factions in the WW2 game.
Exactly. Them waiting that long isn't going to work, period.

BTW chapter 5 based on the vague description given, seems to me like some sort of VR mode.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2018
Man I just installed Battlefield 4 again and will play that instead a lot of people are still playing in Europe and having a blast with that.

Just compare the ammount of weapons in base game of BF4 (not including the expansions of bf4 just the base game) to the base game of BF1 and BF5 and it is ridiculous how little content BF5 has.

Deleted member 14451

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, alright. I thought they released absolutely nothing until now by the way people reacted lol.
The content sucks. Who gives a shit about Singleplayer/Co-op in a Battlefield game? The AI is borderline horrible and so is the pacing.
The weapons are mostly imported assets from Battlefield 1.
The new map is great is you love vehicles and conquest, which I do not.
The variants of gamemodes are pretty useless as well.
All i wanted was a Omaha beach map and some cool WW2 guns, not this shit.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Add me to the list of people that misses Premium. Whenever a new premium pack came out those servers remained super populated until the next DLC pack came and often even beyond that. It split the player base yes, but you did have a lot of new content to play every 4 months.

This is the first Battlefield I don't buy or invest much time in (I did pay for a month of origin access to try it when it came out), yes I even bought Hardline and enjoyed that game for over 100 hours.

For me this is the lowest point in the franchise by far.