• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
They fucked this game up when they released it with barebones content and now looking at the roadmap it's still fucked. I'm done with this game.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, now instead of extending the life of the game for years people will get bored of the 4 new maps and the game will die after a few months. Before it split the player base now there will be no player base to play the new maps. Good riddance, right?
Siege and OW prove the model works

BF has just been inconsistent

Look at black ops. No one can play its dlc and those that have are begging treyarch to make the maps free

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
The blog post with more details is up too: https://www.ea.com/games/battlefiel...5-updates-roadmap-march-2019?isLocalized=true

Awakening the Giant: Prepare for Chapter 5

Get ready for a land, air, and sea invasion in a completely new theater of war. As Battlefield V keeps on evolving, you'll be awakening a giant when Chapter 5 hits in fall 2019. So, where will Chapter 5 take you? Where will you fight, who will you be, and what will we bring you from mankind's greatest conflict? Time will tell. Rest assured, we're committed to expanding your WW2 journey and Chapter 5 will truly broaden your horizons.

I was hoping for the Eastern Front :/ Japan and US is OK, but to me Operation Barbarrosa is more "WWII" than other thing. This feels like they are catering to the US audience than anything else for the end of the year.

Anyway, it's not as heavy as I'd hope, but I really didn't expect it either. Close Quarters seems that it's going to give a classic map
Isnt there like 1 US map right now?

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
you get what you pay for. and people didnt want to pay for dlc maps. so you get none. or i guess 1 every six months.

simple economics that gamers didnt seem to understand when they railed against DLC maps.

Why do some games have tons of content while being the same model, heck some even being f2p.
Its all dice/ea:s fault for not trying to keep their game alive. At this point I hope this BFV shakes them enough so things change.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
I think Battlefront 2 post launch support was even worse. They're still updating it just very slowly.

Myself and my buddies are holding off until it's around $10 on sale. Hopefully by November or December. Then we can jump in when all these updates have been added and I'm sure it will get a few more in 2020.
Battlefront 2 didn't release buggy as fuck and missing features so id think this by far the worse support in the series.

Oct 27, 2017
Goes hand in hand with continous revenue, one would assume.

Nobody, not even DICE, knows what is happening with the microtransactions. The soldier customization from the pre-launch events still hasn't been activated in the game, it was supposed to be released more than two months ago. Every single promotional art has pieces of customization which are not available in the game... You know the girl from the cover or a reveal trailer? SHE IS NOT IN THE GAME, and neither unique pieces of these outfits:
BFV_RevealScreenshot_04_wLogo_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqLUm2LqZ7QfPrWh62iB90NVTmGTZwRSZcqbDiPNar8DA.png

• No beret
• No no-helmet option
• No beards
• No tank tops
• No tattoos (not facepaint)
• No long hair (There is ONE coin-based head option with hair for women)

By june 2017 bf1 had like what 6 new map? Pathetic.

7, but Panzerstorm and Giant's Shadow are kinds of delayed launch maps more than anything.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
The negativity around this blows my mind a bit. I've had a way better time around bfv's launch than I did bf1. There's been a great flow of new weapons, vehicles and modes to freshen to it up, and firestorm is here on Monday. There's a reason to check in every week.

The one downside has been the lack of maps but panzerstorm is awesome after the redesign and I'm not feeling the fatigue just yet.

Oct 27, 2017
This is painful to watch. A new WWII BF game was exactly what I wanted out of a follow up to BF1 and yet I'm still holding off getting BFV because it just looks so limited in scope and this roadmap doesn't help.

If I'm looking at this right, maybe by Fall they'll introduce either Russia or America (maybe Pacific in that case?)? At the very least with previous BF games I always was fine buying Premium because they released a bunch of maps at a decent clip. The post release support for BFV, specifically for new maps just seems glacial. Makes me think they'll never even get around to putting in maps for any of the bigger more traditional WWII battles.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Why do some games have tons of content while being the same model, heck some even being f2p.
Its all dice/ea:s fault for not trying to keep their game alive. At this point I hope this BFV shakes them enough so things change.
Other games like that have good monetization.

BFV was probably counting on selling skins and such to make up the lost revenue from the DLC maps. People freaked out about katanas and prosthetics though so they backed out of that and now we have crappy customization.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Terrible support of the game. Dice is just killing this franchise. Fire the guys who take decisions at Dice, like really, they have no idea what they're doing and where they're going with this franchise

It seems that the problem lies with the finnancial/legal team. For what's been said in Reddit from the devs, one can assume that even if they have more comming, they can't say anything since it's the end of the Fiscal year and are afraid of miscommunicating.

Also, resources. I think we'll get better updates after Firestorm.

Isnt there like 1 US map right now?
No. US is not even in the game.

The US is in The Last Tiger. There are already models of equipent, tanks, etc.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
This is paltry, honestly. As much as I love the core game, BFV has to be one of the worst "live services" to date. They were so ill-prepared for this.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
So, BFV is now officially launched? It's been in early access since release. The base game is good but holy shit they have no idea how to support a GaaS.

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017
One reason why I am not a fan of the games as a service model with free maps, is because we get around four-six new maps and it take well over a year or a year and a half to release them. As compared to previous games in the series would get map packs with three times the amount of maps within a year.

Uncharted 4 MP comes to mind. In the end it received 14 maps, as compared to Uncharted 3 MP which had 24 maps. 6 maps were added as free dlc in Uncharted 4's dlc, while Uncharted 3 got 17 new maps over time (paid though).

Yeah that's true. Naughty Dog mishandled Uncharted 4 MP pretty bad (I still play it on the regular), but every time I boot it up, I can't help but think about Uncharted 3 since it was so good.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
It seems that the problem lies with the finnancial/legal team. For what's been said in Reddit from the devs, one can assume that even if they have more comming, they can't say anything since it's the end of the Fiscal year and are afraid of miscommunicating.

They're definitely in the new Theatre of War then.

Dec 17, 2017
So 1 map in May, 1 in August and a remake map in Sept/Oct. Disappointed. Pretty much a whole year to add a new faction. Disappointed.

Very disappointing all round.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Lol forgot all about sp.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
This is paltry, honestly. As much as I love the core game, BFV has to be one of the worst "live services" to date. They were so ill-prepared for this.

I'd actually say they prepared according to plan after seeing the preorder numbers. EA has no intention of birthing a R6/CSGO style live service game. They want to sell yearly titles. Shame, because Battlefield could do it better than most with a live game for each style/setting of shooter.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
So much wasted potential on this game. I'm still looking forward to playing most of this upcoming stuff, but man, they messed up the launch majorly. Game needed another year in the oven.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah that's true. Naughty Dog mishandled Uncharted 4 MP pretty bad (I still play it on the regular), but every time I boot it up, I can't help but think about Uncharted 3 since it was so good.
I wholeheartedly agree. I was very disappointed with Uncharted 4 MP. Not as much the maps, but I preferred Uncharted 2 and 3's MP over 4. I wasn't a fan of the supports, or downing enemies.

Also I wish Flynn's voice actor didn't get changed, I would have been fine if they reused his previous voicelines.

Harp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My experience with combined arms is admittedly fairly limited, as the one time I tried to play solo (after failing to match with anyone else), I was met with what seemed like infinite waves of nazis that overwhelmed me.

Which seems terrible, because if they retooled it correctly, it could make for some insanely fun and replayable single player/co op content. Make it more like terrorist hunt, where I can set the number of enemies and the difficulty, and let me loose with my loadout, and a scattering of vehicles across the map to take them all on. That shit would be so fun.

Like, people are STILL playing R6 Vegas 2 Terrorist Hunt, and not one fucking developer out there appears to be capitalizing on that, despite having all the tools right there. It's especially annoying in this case because of how close Combined Arms comes, while missing the mark so badly. A giant destructible map full of enemies that I'm free to fight in whatever way I see fit would be a blast. Infinite waves of enemies that all run at me out of the same door until I'm overwhelmed, making the game unplayable in single player, just sucks.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
I would like for them to keep it more simple. Instead of adding all these new modes (which will most likely be underpopulated over time anyway), they should focus 100% on maps, weapons and vehicles. Conquest and Grand Operations are more than good enough modes already, not to mention all the other ones.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
They're really not giving me a lot to make me wanna go back to the game. Taking way too long for these maps.

derder

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
DICE didn't kill this franchise, Star Wars did.

Battlefront II's last minute monetization pivot burnt out the team, stole resources from BFV, and caused 10% of the team to quit.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I would like for them to keep it more simple. Instead of adding all these new modes (which will most likely be underpopulated over time anyway), they should focus 100% on maps, weapons and vehicles. Conquest and Grand Operations are more than good enough modes already, not to mention all the other ones.

The modes are TIMED. Squad Conquest and Rush were always full because of it. It sucks that they're timed but it also solves that issue

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Forerunner damnit! I was about to post that. Ha I think the same thing happen the other day. We both post the same thing within a min from each other.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
What's the point of a Pacific theater when the biggest ship you'll be able to pilot is a landing craft.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
I said it when developers announced "bye bye season pass, we're on the gamers side now!". It was just a marketing ploy to increase profits even more, but convince people they were finally listening. Every game that did away with season passes has had WAY less content than it's predecessor with a season pass. This game will see just a few new maps come out until the next one comes out and then the cycle continue.

Season passes at least guaranteed content in one way or another. And I'm saying this as someone who originally thought season passes were a scam when they very first started.

It barely has any paid content either, the stuff you can buy with company coin is so boring and slim pickings. I'd say the main team is working on BFVI or something else.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Battlefront 2 didn't release buggy as fuck and missing features so id think this by far the worse support in the series.
Well it did launch a disaster that took them about 6 months of "reflection" to finally sort out the xp system and micro transaction system. Both under sold compared to expectations.

You'd like to think the next Battlefield in 2020 or 2021 will be modern day again and will sell much better. With post launch support 2 to 3 times better then BFV and also launches with more content. Bring back their BF4 and BF3 standards.

Timewarp

Oct 27, 2017
While y'all are looking at road maps I'll be over here playing these content ready games. No maps needed. Thank you.

RavFiveFour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Someday we'll wake up and realize how great this game is. Part of me thinks all of this road map should have been included @ launch. Excited! A Good Friday all 'n all.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Wtf are these map updates, I somehow miss premium.

Winter-John

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
The current Dice team are an absolute disgrace. They've fucked BF's reputation right into the ground with all their bullshit. Every single one of them should hang their heads in shame for what they've done to this series. And the next time anyone uses free dlc as an argument for microtransactions BF V should be the first example of the total fuckery that GAAS are.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wtf are these map updates, I somehow miss premium.
This, it may have split the community, there was always enough players on servers, but at least we had new maps regularly.

I'd prefer pay for more maps than wait months for only one or two maps.

Guess I won't be playing BFV for two months more at least, it's already been two months without playing...

Thanks EA for forcing dev teams to release games too early, BFV and Anthem needed more time, hope the next one will get enough time and not be another one Early Access.