• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jun 23, 2019
The game is a visual novel.

giphy.gif

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
That title needs an adjective... Something like "The Hidden Village" or maybe "The Lost Village". It just needs SOMETHING.

MnM

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 9, 2020
No way this is the final title. I refuse to believe it.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
That title needs an adjective... Something like "The Hidden Village" or maybe "The Lost Village". It just needs SOMETHING.
The title might change a little bit as this is just what it was called in testing and through recent development, personally I'm hoping they go with "VILLAGE: Resident Evil", but of all the things subject to change, I'd say the name is the most likely to be shifted around some.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Ah, I would have been in for another title-reveal like Resident Evil 7's logo.

Have a cryptic video, ending with "welcome to the village"... And then VILL forms the 8 like the logo is showing there.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Before everything went topsy-turvy, the rules for the CPT said that the Capcom Cup 2020 winner won't auto-qualify for CC2021. The last time this happened was Capcom Cup 2015 going into 2016, the transition from USFIV to SFV.
Yep. That game is deeper into development than most realize. Capcom is super keen on the amount of time from reveal to release being 6-8 months because it has worked so good for them in recent years.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Well fuq, I'm ready for VI
Obviously now there could be delays, but I'd imagine that Early 2021 was the original plan for SFVI. If Capcom is able to stick to it (IF I'm right) given the circumstances is another story. With that being said, I'm less worried about RE8 on this front since it sounds like it's mostly done.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Can we? I think i've pretty much seen equal amount of mentions for both, CV and 4. Sooo ... outside of Capcom doing the left-side and remaster Zero, one of the groups of people is going to be wrong.

And i take this post as a confirmation for a big Phoenix Wright E³ presence. And no one can change my mind!
Yes one of the groups will be wrong.

Now that Phoenix Wright thing. I've been wondering about that for a while.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Resident Evil: Village is just a place holder.

The final name will be Resident Evil: Little Village Hero.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh so the reason fans of Resident Evil will hate this is because Chris is suddenly the new Big Bad? Call me when Jill gets cleared to return to active duty and she tracks Chris down to beat the shit out of him knock some sense into him.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Dusk Golem
Question my good man, someone said that you mentioned that Capcom had 4 AAA titles coming this fiscal year?
Mmn-hmn, but this was from over a month ago and the world situation has changed, so I can't as confidently say all will end up releasing next fiscal year. In particular there was a game aiming for March that probably is going to get pushed back.

RE8 I still think will release Q1 2021, but we won't know until we do.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So let's see ( don't know if re3 counts)

RE8
SF6
MMX9
MH switch
MMX9 would probably be a mid-tier endeavor (MM games hardly break the bank relative to Capcom's big projects), so it's likely not one of the 4 AAA games. And yes, RE3 counts (he said fiscal year).

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Mmn-hmn, but this was from over a month ago and the world situation has changed, so I can't as confidently say all will end up releasing next year. In particular there was a game aiming for March that probably is going to get pushed back.

RE8 I still think will release Q1 2021, but we won't know until we do.
Ahh thanks, kinda backs up what I know but wasn't sure about.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
This is the most excited I've been about RE since 7. Just go all in with the weird and occult shit. Make it fresh and relevant again.

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been anything said about the visual style? I watched Midsommar last week and I'd love an RE game that was bright and vibrant like that. This sounds like the perfect setting to pull off that kind of look.

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
Really hoping it's Blair Witch/town of Salem vibes. I've wanted something like that for a while.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
SFVI & [Insert Versus Game Here], I assume.

I want to say MvC4, but do I dare dream? I mean, DMC came back from DMC2 of all games, & that was MUCH worse than MvCI.
DMC2 is definitely not worse than MvCI from the perspective of a franchise killing entry. DMC2 was a lower budget game that got changed into DMC2 in months and was a big sales success despite poor critical reception proving the series has selling power just based on name alone, there was never any doubt within Capcom management if there should be a DMC3. While MvCI was more expensive, sold less, on top of being a licensed game where Capcom was sharing the goods with another company, and that's not even taking into account the esport side fuck up.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
DMC2 is definitely not worse than MvCI from the perspective of a franchise killing entry. DMC2 was a lower budget game that got changed into DMC2 in months and was a big sales success despite poor critical reception proving the series has selling power just based on name alone. While MvCI was more expensive, sold less, on top of being a licensed game where Capcom was sharing the goods with another company, and that's not even taking into account the esport side fuck up.
A lot of goodwill was burnt though, I sincerely hope capcom doesn't work with marvel ever again.

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
A return to the RE4 inventory system has got me ridiculously excited.

NOW BRING BACK THE MERCHANT!