• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

T8SC

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Sometimes you need to stretch your legs.

UNrlKwv.jpg

FondsNL

Oct 29, 2017
It was hilariously (and painfully) flat. I don't know how people cycle in places like that. I was bored out of my fucking mind, especially given the pace was glacial.

Still, the trip had some great moments... and visiting the D-Day beaches was pretty sobering.

Imagine just how psyched I get when I see a hill :D

Sometimes you need to stretch your legs.

UNrlKwv.jpg

Nice, thats a proper ride that.
My bike is on the shop for some maintenance. Planning a century in celebration of our reunion.

T8SC

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Imagine just how psyched I get when I see a hill :D

Nice, thats a proper ride that.
My bike is on the shop for some maintenance. Planning a century in celebration of our reunion.

TT hill climb tonight, I hope my legs have recovered well enough to put in a respectable time.

If you want some mountains, you can borrow some from here. :-D

phazedplasma

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If a car hits and kills a cyclist in NYC the NYPD ticket cyclists at that intersection for a week after. Its disgusting.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017

That thread you created contains pretty much exactly as much fuckery as I expected.

I'm still fairly convinced that people mostly hate cyclists because...

A: The media tells them to.
B: They occasionally lose 10 seconds passing them.
C: They'd also like to be able to weave through traffic when it's busy.

T8SC

Oct 28, 2017
UK
4th in the hill climb time trial this evening, not bad with 114 miles in my legs from yesterday. Rode to & from, 50 mile in total. I think I deserve a rest, though no doubt I'll end up riding around loosening my legs tomorrow if the weather is nice.

T8SC

Oct 28, 2017
UK
It's definitely "flies season". They're everywhere. They have all the open air to fly through and they manage to get into my helmet and behind my glasses!

Wolfapo

Dec 27, 2017
It's still shitty weather in Germany so it's not bad yet.
Got battered last week though when it was actually nice outside...

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
Man reading some of the replies to Lonely1's thread about the Guardian video from above.... Good Lawd. It kinda validates the video's thesis.

Sometimes this forum can really lack in critical thinking.

Morzak

Oct 27, 2017

Nice video, and man the Thread you created just shows how on point the video is. It's a bit scary reading that stuff then going out on the commute....

4th in the hill climb time trial this evening, not bad with 114 miles in my legs from yesterday. Rode to & from, 50 mile in total. I think I deserve a rest, though no doubt I'll end up riding around loosening my legs tomorrow if the weather is nice.

Nice work.

Yeah 2 weeks back when it was actually warm here the flies where out in force. especially besides the river where my commute takes me and on the trail. I need to get some decent cycling glasses, either something decent and cheap in clear / yellow and a darker one or a not super expensive one with changable glasses.

AusGeno

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

You're a machine! Top effort mate.

FondsNL

Oct 29, 2017

Damn thats quite the effort, grats!

Oh my lord, the thread you made gets the most uninformed and downright stupid responses...

robox

Nov 10, 2017
meanwhile, i've spent an hour yesterday and an hour 2 days ago trying to thread in internal cable routing. still not through yet.
want/need to get back on the road bikeeeeeeee..

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Every other post in that thread backs up my decision never to road ride.

I feel 10x safer literally falling down the sides of mountains than in the company of people that are happy to drive aggressively because you're daring to delay them.

phazedplasma

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Every other post in that thread backs up my decision never to road ride.

I feel 10x safer literally falling down the sides of mountains than in the company of people that are happy to drive aggressively because you're daring to delay them.

lol yep. Sold my road bike when I moved to Colorado.

That thread is nuts. I wonder what its like to be so angry all the time.

T8SC

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Disgusting topic, I read a few posts when it was first posted then ignored it ... reading a few more tonight ... vile people.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I've been in bed with sinusitis for a week and a half. I literally just started a new TrainerRoad program!

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
I was nearly hit by an elderly gentleman at a T-junction some months ago. I have right of way as i'm on the main carriage, but he decides to pull out as i'm going by with no way to avoid him if he wants to be a cunt and hit me. Had the cheek to blare his horn at me and throw his arms up.

Was reading that thread and it's amazing how many bitter posters get super fascist about cyclists. Did anyone turn it into a thread about Trump yet?

AusGeno

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cheers guys, just got back from a little leg loosener. These are the Hill climb (plus warming up etc) and the last ride stats.

TT
NpPkSMy.jpg

Leg loosener
lwSJ7Bf.jpg

194.8 mile & 16,906ft @ 17.1mph average, so far since Monday's 114.4 mile ride. Going to try and get out tomorrow too.

Goddamn those are some big numbers. What bike are you riding?

Oct 25, 2017
It's been raining on and off here since Sunday. I thought I'd get a dry day but nope woke up to find it down poured an hour before I woke up. Normally I'd just go and deal but it's been so wet and cold I just can't be bothered.

Edit:

Ended up forcing myself out and I'm glad I did.

Last edited:

FondsNL

Oct 29, 2017

Funny this should come up after yesterdays "discussion" about road rage and cycling.

*EDIT*
Are they seriously going to let Roglic ride around in his bare ass all day?

Last edited:

T8SC

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Goddamn those are some big numbers. What bike are you riding?

Thanks mate. I've been on my Cannondale Supersix Evo all week. Red22 groupset with Fulcrum Racing Zero tubeless wheelset. I did the hill climb TT on it too due to the gradient, I felt it favoured the road bike over the TT bike.

Just got back from a spin out today.

fvPHQ3p.jpg

The wind picked up a bit in places, typically being when I'm riding into it, but overall it was an enjoyable ride out.

However I did notice something, why do cars decide to accelerate past you when they're just gonna either turn off or park up about 100 metres down the road? It's frustrating! Also, if I'm doing 30mph down a 30mph limit country lane ... why should a car feel the need to overtake me & therefore break the speed limit? Again, frustrating.

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks mate. I've been on my Cannondale Supersix Evo all week. Red22 groupset with Fulcrum Racing Zero tubeless wheelset. I did the hill climb TT on it too due to the gradient, I felt it favoured the road bike over the TT bike.

Just got back from a spin out today.

fvPHQ3p.jpg

The wind picked up a bit in places, typically being when I'm riding into it, but overall it was an enjoyable ride out.

However I did notice something, why do cars decide to accelerate past you when they're just gonna either turn off or park up about 100 metres down the road? It's frustrating! Also, if I'm doing 30mph down a 30mph limit country lane ... why should a car feel the need to overtake me & therefore break the speed limit? Again, frustrating.

Cars speeding up to turn is one of my more infuriating things. I've yelled at or swiped at trunks over it.