Bicycle ERA |OT| This Is Why

Lonely1

Oct 26, 2017
My plan now is to use it on outside on the small private bit of land we have with the same fans that I used on the gym. Let's see if that works...

Wolfapo

Dec 27, 2017
Got an update from my side!
Tumour has been removed from my ankle last week Monday and the doctors could also close up the wound in one go, so I do not need a second surgery!
The joint is now stiff (I think they put in 2 or 3 screws), and I am not to put any force on it for the next 6-8 weeks.

Waiting for results if they got all the tumour out, but the doctor was pretty optimistic, so fingers crossed!

So, I should be able to get outside again in the summer! Looking forward to this.

You guys still doing outside rides even though a lot of places have lockdowns in place? (I would if I could...)

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
I haven't yet, but I will. Obviously I'll be taking it REALLY fucking easy though, I very much do not want to go anywhere near a hospital right now.

Lonely1

Oct 26, 2017
I had my first serious trainer session early today. It was outside in a small pot of private land outside my shared flat following a 1 hour GCN training video. My trainer is this one:

It was a bit of a let down at the beginning, but It was a good work out and ended liking it a bit more than the gym bicycle. However, I cannot use my power meter with my setup. I'm ready to write down my GP 5000 tires after this, though. Body temperature was fine since It was outside, there was some wind, and my fans setup trade power for physical closeness and the climate is relative cold. When can I expect Berkshire to get hot? I hope the quarantine is over by then.

Ah, and I did some weight lifting using the trainer while folded. It was a good workout too!

Also, do you think I can still do long rides during weekends?

Stupid virus...

Last edited:

Frontieruk

Oct 25, 2017
I had my first serious trainer session early today. It was outside in a small pot of private land outside my shared flat following a 1 hour GCN training video. My trainer is this one:

It was a bit of a let down at the beginning, but It was a good work out and ended liking it a bit more than the gym bicycle. However, I cannot use my power meter with my setup. I'm ready to write down my GP 5000 tires after this, though. Body temperature was fine since It was outside, there was some wind, and my fans setup trade power for physical closeness and the climate is relative cold. When can I expect Berkshire to get hot? I hope the quarantine is over by then.

Ah, and I did some weight lifting using the trainer while folded. It was a good workout too!

Also, do you think I can still do long rides during weekends?

Stupid virus...
By hot I assume you mean warm to a none native? That’ll be about June when the natives will be missing it’s too hot and in less complicated times be planning to fly to hotter countries... I never understand the British mentality, it’s too hot here let’s go to x where it’s average is double the uk average

Lonely1

Oct 26, 2017
So, I stayed home today and tried to do a century on the trainer... Sorry, but doing more than an hour on a fixed setup is a miserable experience. On the other hand, it was a good choice of not going out since the sealant on my back tire was dry and by the end of the season the pressure was about 10psi, which would have been a disaster on the open road.

So glad that I took the advice about staying home. Any tips on how to make the trainer sessions less terrible? Thanks!

Frontieruk

Oct 25, 2017
So, I stayed home today and tried to do a century on the trainer... Sorry, but doing more than an hour on a fixed setup is a miserable experience. On the other hand, it was a good choice of not going out since the sealant on my back tire was dry and by the end of the season the pressure was about 10psi, which would have been a disaster on the open road.

So glad that I took the advice about staying home. Any tips on how to make the trainer sessions less terrible? Thanks!
MTFU

But seriously they are just miserable times, finding a training routine to vary techniques, cadences and power is a good way, of using zwift I tend to hang on people’s wheels just to annoy them lol