• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Finally managed to get out for a quick local loop. First time in nearly 9 months. Christ I hate what's happened to my life since I bought this shitty house. :(

Need to find more technical terrain though. Was a fun little ride, but it's not going to help me prepare for Whistler.

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, turns out he broke his collar bone in 2 places and needs surgery.

Finally managed to get out for a quick local loop. First time in nearly 9 months. Christ I hate what's happened to my life since I bought this shitty house. :(

Need to find more technical terrain though. Was a fun little ride, but it's not going to help me prepare for Whistler.

Still having problems with it, sorry man.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, it's just become a joke now. They're here again on Tuesday to rip a bunch of flooring up.

On the bright side, my garage only has a little work left to do, but it's all taking up headspace. :(

T8SC

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Priorities, you gotta do what you gotta do, cycling can wait, it'll still be here when you're ready to get back out. :-)

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I actually tried to plan it a bit but messed up so badly along the way :D

I ate porridge and an omelette for breakfast.
Banana and some juice.

Took some gels and three cliffbars for the ride and thought I'd stop for a sandwhich at a gas stop somewhere.
At some point I was already 130k in so I figured "hell, I'll tough it out till I get home".
Next time I'll definitely take a break somewhere halfway to fill up.
I did the entire thing in the saddle now without stops :'D
Well done

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
Considering the wind, is this an improvement?
blY6a6Z.png

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Bah, I've just realised that I had the dates wrong for next year's Leadville race. Means I now wont be doing it until 2021!

bawjaws

Oct 28, 2017
Can be moderately useful if you're commuting and spend a lot of time stationary and you want to focus on total time moving rather than overall time. My commute is about 30-35 minutes total but I can easily spend four or five minutes sitting still.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
i wouldn't have minded if it resumed after the pause. As is, that 25 mile route was actually a 10 second 10 metre route lol.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Strava will show you both numbers anyway, as will a Garmin if you're using that for a data source.

I've never really been too fussed about it in the past, but I'm looking to start documenting rides and routes so I can see changes to my fitness and competency in hard numbers. I may eventually have questions about apps and equipment to those ends, if bike era doesn't mind?

bawjaws

Oct 28, 2017
Strava will show you both numbers anyway, as will a Garmin if you're using that for a data source.
Yeah, my Bolt does it automatically. The Strava auto-pause setting is only really useful if you're using your phone to record activities, as otherwise it doesn't know to pause when you stop and your average speed takes a tumble!

Daedardus

Oct 25, 2017
Ordered the new Garmin 830 yesterday, was shipped immediately but the shipping company delayed delivery to tomorrow, ugh. But can't wait to try it out this weekend!

T8SC

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Had a nice few days with the weather so been putting a few miles in, including last nights time trial.

Monday

h9kjCnF.jpg

Tuesday Time Trial, a bit windy but not as bad as today.

va0G9qI.jpg

Today, absolutely battered by the wind. Tried to do a flatter 100 (Than last week) and ended up with a 60 mile headwind. I'm sticking to hills from now on.

YsKVJ7G.jpg

I'll probably upgrade to a 830/1030 when the battery on my current 810 starts to fade so much that it won't record a decent length ride.

Last edited:

Daedardus

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't dc rainmaker do one yet?

Yeah he had the review up last month already. Overall within expectations, about 20 hours of cycling, and it is compatible with the 1030 battery pack IIRC. They switched to a more power conservative gps chip that's slightly less accurate but allowed a faster cpu. Not sure if you've ever need more, seems reasonable enough to charge at home frequently and if you're doing 20+ hours rides the battery on your heart will die faster I fear.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Not mine... which is the issue I've had for years. :(

If it can actually get 20 though, like, actually on the map screen when routing, then I'm a guaranteed sale.

T8SC

Oct 28, 2017
UK
*Calculates stuff to match a normal measurement system...* FUCK ME that's beastmode!

Cheers mate. It was a shame the wind had picked up during the late afternoon/early evening. Just shows than an "estimated wattage" doesn't take weather conditions into account as that should be a lot higher based on others' who used power meters on the night.

Just got back from a quick blast around the block, gonna go to the gym shortly, need to do some core work.

AusGeno

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had such an awesome ride today. Got away from my usual neighbourhood routes and really got to stretch my legs on some long bits of road. Weather was perfect, playlist was banging, road was quiet, view was great, it was all just fun as hell. One of the best rides I've ever had. For me, this is why.

gituXli.jpg

FondsNL

Oct 29, 2017
I had such an awesome ride today. Got away from my usual neighbourhood routes and really got to stretch my legs on some long bits of road. Weather was perfect, playlist was banging, road was quiet, view was great, it was all just fun as hell. One of the best rides I've ever had. For me, this is why.

gituXli.jpg

I saw the pictures on Strava. It is indeed what riding is all about.
You have no idea how jealous I am of the weather you have there in such a beautiful location.

Guess it depends on what youre used to though.

T8SC

Oct 28, 2017
UK

gituXli.jpg

Sounds like you had a great ride out, that's what it's all about. Not seen all the pics but the one above looks awesome. I'm meant to be going out tomorrow but each time I check the forecast, the rain is getting earlier & earlier, so at this rate it's gonna be a no-go. Definitely not the weather you're having.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Fairly big off at Bikepark Wales. Went off one of the bigger dropoffs with my fork locked out... like a MASSIVE TWAT.

Hit the landing and bike basically just rotated over the front wheel. Bars twisted and scratched up (carbon, so might need to replace), but thankfully everything else seems OK.

Body armour mostly worked, but my elbow pad slipped as I slid so now I have a hole in my forearm. Will need to replace that pad if I can (it's part of a bigger armour set) as the fabric got all ripped up. Destroyed my jersey too but the armour underneath it stopped me getting shredded too.

Annoying as I was making good progress, and it was completely avoidable.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
Fairly big off at Bikepark Wales. Went off one of the bigger dropoffs with my fork locked out... like a MASSIVE TWAT.

Hit the landing and bike basically just rotated over the front wheel. Bars twisted and scratched up (carbon, so might need to replace), but thankfully everything else seems OK.

Body armour mostly worked, but my elbow pad slipped as I slid so now I have a hole in my forearm. Will need to replace that pad if I can (it's part of a bigger armour set) as the fabric got all ripped up. Destroyed my jersey too but the armour underneath it stopped me getting shredded too.

Annoying as I was making good progress, and it was completely avoidable.
Do you have that on video? :S