• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans
The Hill | Biden says as president he wants to 'cure cancer'

"I've worked so hard in my career that I promise you, if I'm elected president, you're going to see the single most important thing that changes America: We're going to cure cancer," Biden said to applause Tuesday at a campaign event in Ottumwa, Iowa.

There's campaign promises, and then there's campaign promises. I thought this was satire when I first saw the headline on HuffPo.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Someone linked this on one of my Discord servers earlier and I dismissed it because I thought it was fake. Hoooo boy.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
Centrists: "Progressives are too pie-in-the-sky with their campaign promises, we need someone to be realistic with the voters."

Also Centrists: "I will literally cure cancer."

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
"Cancer is a hoax, Biden is a dirty liar don't vote for him!" -Trump, probably

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
mbcMIQDTUftYxMkrK_ZHP8UMryOkHyWEQW5UmIN4vHU.png

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Given that his son died of Cancer, Imma let this slide.
Sounds like he's still riding that moonshot on research, which isn't, in and of itself, a bad thing.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's clear Biden feels very strongly about cancer because of his son but to say it on the campaign trail and in such a matter-of-factly manner is a little (read: very) embarrassing.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Edit: I have no desire to be quoted or talk about this topic. I shouldn't have made a post in this thread.

Hope you all have a good night/day!

Last edited:

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Joe Biden's son died of brain cancer 4 years ago.

Of course he's going to be passionate about the issue, even if the goal is unobtainable.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Y'all are heartless.

Dude had to bury his son who died from Brain Cancer. I mean yeah, it's a ridiculous thing to say, but he's obviously still deeply saddened by the loss of his son.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Trump got by with stupid impossible promises, at least one is a goal that can be continuously worked toward and helps people rather than hurting people, even if the goal isn't, you know, possible...

Oct 27, 2017
I'm down with the sentiment, but let's be real: Republicans would totally object to something, whether it be fetal tissue research or transgender shrimp, or something, just to ensure a Dem president wouldn't get credit for a cancer cure.

This is mildly hyperbolic, but we may get a cure for cancer before we get universal healthcare in this country

fireflame

Oct 27, 2017
Is it completely nonsensical? Regulate companies to olowermedical costs, improve healthcare so that people don't have to do gofund me, make sin sort that getting ill does not put peope indebt. Thiswill help cure cancer. Regumlate prices of medicaments. Fund research.This is not stupid.

Dude Abides

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Too bad everyone before him was so lazy. If only they'd have worked harder.

His propensity to say stupid nonsense like this is one of the myriad reasons Biden should be neither nominee nor President.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
yeah that's cool i can get behind that but that's not how it works

PatPat

May 19, 2018
Is the Democratic party going to keep on upping each other until they reach comic levels of campaign promises while Trump keeps being Trump. I already cant wait for the next election to be over

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
We're starting to enter "look at this bitch eating those crackers like she owns the place" levels of ridiculousness with Biden

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
Please, people, the person running to be the most powerful person has gotten a bit emotional. Happens to the best. Wish I could vote for him.

Deleted member 54469

Mar 4, 2019
did he just admit pharmaceutical companies already have a cure or...? what's the plan?

hate feeding into conspiracy but this sounds like the most "setting himself up to take the credit and having pfizer or someone "release" the cure in a year" shit ever.

i mean come on. this is the shittiest thing to get peoples hopes up on unless he know something we dont.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Well, if you're going to throw out ridiculous claims pulled out of your ass, you could do a whole lot worse.

I'd rather have this than incoherent tweets that seem to threaten war with other countries.

And I'm sad that discourse has devolved to this point.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I can't wait for debates when literally any other candidate will turn him upside down and steal his lunch money.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's one of the most shameless things I've seen a politician do to try and win power.

Fuck Biden.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Anything trump can do, I can do better, I can do anything better than you🎵

You can't promise this man, I know he's lost his son so I'll chalk it up to emotions taking over.