• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
This is a really bizarre tweet. I am honestly flabbergasted that the campaign team even cleared it. I mean, some of these people have to be the same brilliant people that led Obama to victory twice, right?

I've watched it several times and have no idea what his point was. He is so out of touch. If Trump isn't compelled to resign or impeached, which both seem unlikely, I am concerned.

I did a search and couldn't find a thread so if old please train me to be an angel in Heaven and lock.

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
This makes literally 0 sense. Like I can't even begin to think of where he's going with that.

OP
OP
FaceHugger

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
This makes literally 0 sense. Like I can't even begin to think of where he's going with that.

My best guess, being a healthcare IT worker who deals with caregivers, is that he is trying to point out that:

1. Nurses are far too underpaid and underappreciated
2. Homecare providers are likewise underpaid and underappreciated, but also receive poor training

He just delivered the message in an incoherent manner. And the whole "male and female" line feels right out of a 1985 campaign speech. It's just all bad. I cannot believe his campaign released this and even gave it the full campaign animation treatment. I mean, again, that's just a guess. He didn't really make much sense.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
You guys are getting real nit picky here. He's just saying nurses are great. A normal crowd pleaser.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't see where this was said, but presumably looking at the backdrop it's related to healthcare unions? It's pretty obvious he's just trying to compliment the efforts of nurses, but this is just what happens when ineloquent politicians ad lib.

Goron2000

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It seems like he was trying to be inclusive by including male nurses but in mentioning gender at all he made it sound exclusionary. He always sounds like he's just coming to terms with 1980's progressive thought.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It would be a nice phrase if it was left in that room to only those people. But why tweet it out?

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
It's pretty obvious what he's saying. Yes the guys a documented creep and most posters here don't like him but this particular clip isn't nonsensical.

OP
OP
FaceHugger

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Trump going to win 2020 because Biden praised Nurses. RIP America 😔

Stirring, coherent, emboldened speeches from Obama inspired record numbers of young liberal voters to get out and vote. What is this vaguely praising of nurses speech going to do other than make people question whether or not this is really the best candidate? I mean honestly.

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
"male and female nurses"

like... what? as opposed to dog and cat nurses? ... I doubt it's a trans exclusion thing.
maybe old people are weird.

Also, i'm not too familiar with Christianity, but do dead humans turn into angels? or are these nurses divine beings that didn't come from earth

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Stirring, coherent, emboldened speeches from Obama inspired record numbers of young liberal voters to get out and vote. What is this vaguely praising of nurses speech going to do other than make people question whether or not this is really the best candidate? I mean honestly.
I don't think Biden is the best candidate by far and you can argue the analogy here is weird or corny but it's not that confusing. In relation to a general election assuming Biden was the nom I also think this wouldn't really be impactful. Whose vote would be swung either way by this.

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
There's nothing confusing about it. It's just typical feel-good worker recognition.

NeoGold123

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
He's drumming up votes from nurses by praising them at what appears to be some sort of healthcare/nursing union speech. Then, he tweeted it because he presumably wants to convey that message to other nurses that might not have been at said meeting, again, hoping to drum up some votes. How is this confusing?

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Biden: "Nurses are great!"

The Internet: "Uh-oh! Crazy Grandpa's at it again!"

Bitcheatingcrackers.jpg

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Millennials looking for yet another reason to not vote.

Hillary was "out of touch" too, remember?

This is such a shit show. Can anyone guess what's going to happen in 2020?

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
"male and female nurses"

like... what? as opposed to dog and cat nurses? ... I doubt it's a trans exclusion thing.
maybe old people are weird.

Also, i'm not too familiar with Christianity, but do dead humans turn into angels? or are these nurses divine beings that didn't come from earth
Aren't trans nurses male or female too? If anything, he excludes non binary nurses (but I don't think thats intentional).

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nurses can be some of the most incredible people, maybe he was in hospital at some point or had someone needing healthcare and was comforted by them or the work they do.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017

If young people don't vote against the monster in the white house because Biden is vague and bland then we are fucked already. That's why trump won the first time.

I blame young voters in that case more than Biden honestly. This isn't a game or a fun show this is politics, don't vote based on who is entertaining.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so a dude that has made a career out of extolling the virtues of the middle class (for better or worse) and is a lifelong member of a political party that has close ties with a lot of unions is praising nurses at a speech in front of a nursing union in what often ends up as a middle class profession in most areas of the US?

MILD SHOCK

Like, even his words and aren't even that weird, and that's not always a given with Joe Biden. typical feel good worker speech

Status
Not open for further replies.