• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
No, he's literally not doing that. He's talking to health care workers and making them feel good about their profession and making them feel like he has their best interests at heart. Why? Because he's a politician running for president. It isn't complicated. At all.

Della Reese never played ball.

i don't know that sounds like a malpractice suit

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
5ZKT2B8.jpg

🤔

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly tho it's boilerplate pandering that is rather benign (even positive to the nurses present in the room which actually is nice) and I have no love for the creepy dixiecrat.

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I am not sure what it is like in Germany, but the majority of Americans are at least somewhat religious regardless of political leaning:

Well, we do have a "Christian Democratic Union". A pretty significant part of Government, too! I just never accepted there being a party shaping politics in the real world, by reffering to ancient fairy tails, and their misled morals.

They don't follow their own moral compass. They follow the path that keeps their power and wealth. I automatically just have contempt for these people.
It's Party over Country every time. No matter the moral superiority they claim to have all the time.
They disgust me, frankly.

And yes, people in Germany will still follow you if you claim to be doing the work of god.

Dec 12, 2017
Nurses rule and absolutely deserve all of the appreciation and praise, but the gendering doesn't add any positive impact to the statement at all... It just gunks up what should otherwise be a fine sentiment and statement.
Nurses in America are kberwhelmkgn
his quote is literally saying no one else is a good person aside from nurses. Again, if it's just a stupid phrase to warm up a crowd at an event, whatever.

But he chose to tweet it.

How is that refuting anything I said?
You literally think that he thinks the only good people in the world are nurses??? You hate Biden so much that you really cant navigate his political rhetoric,?

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
Nurses in America are kberwhelmkgn

You literally think that he thinks the only good people in the world are nurses??? You hate Biden so much that you really cant navigate his political rhetoric,?

dude literally said "if angels exist, they're all nurses"

edit: to be clear, I'm not saying this is some damning thing that should force him to drop out of the race. I'm saying it's a stupid phrase to say, even in context. And while it could be just another turn of phrase said at a speaking event, the dumbass chose to tweet it too. And then we have people running in here to defend Dear Biden at all costs

disparate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want a thunderdome where people with weed pic avatars have to fight people with anime avatars. >.>

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
He's drumming up votes from nurses by praising them at what appears to be some sort of healthcare/nursing union speech. Then, he tweeted it because he presumably wants to convey that message to other nurses that might not have been at said meeting, again, hoping to drum up some votes. How is this confusing?

This forum was born out of a forum where every six months someone set up a thread asking whether the end of Dark Knight Rises was a dream sequence,

A lot of those people didn't make it here, a lot of them did. Threads like are the result.

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Yup. Era has gone full alt-right as far as critical thinking skills. This is such stupid think to be wailing about.

It actually makes me (momentarily) question my own politics when I am on the same side as posters this stupid.
As much of an ass as I have made of myself in this thread: I still ask, how do his words do anything? How did they do anything in the last 10 years?
Being called angels does nothing to the people working 18 hours a day. They won't even have the time to see it!
I'll be very impressed if anything will be done for these "angels". The record looks bad, and I'm not holding my breath.

I DO hope for the best though.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck off, Era. Come up with something better. And I say this as a non-religious person lmao.

As much of an ass as I have made of myself in this thread: I still ask, how do his words do anything? How did they do anything in the last 10 years?
Being called angels does nothing to the people working 18 hours a day. They won't even have the time to see it!
I'll be very impressed if anything will be done for these "angels". The record looks bad, and I'm not holding my breath.

I DO hope for the best though.

It was just an easy line to throw out to raise nurse morale while grabbing some support for himself. It won't do anything, it didn't do anything. Unfortunately, that is a byproduct of this. Unless, somehow, this got EVERY nurse to vote for him and somehow helped him win, then maybe they'd get something.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017

edit: to be clear, I'm not saying this is some damning thing that should force him to drop out of the race. I'm saying it's a stupid phrase to say, even in context. And while it could be just another turn of phrase said at a speaking event, the dumbass chose to tweet it too. And then we have people running in here to defend Dear Biden at all costs
Yes, he literally said and tweeted it...because it's normal political rhetoric. Jesus Christ.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia

I will once I find a thread that's whiter than this one

Sure you could make an argument that the Evangelical pandering is shitty and actually does nothing to assist the struggling careers of nursing , thus revealing this gassing of these careers as little more than voters bait, but OP decides to just

Not use that as the basis of their argument and goes off on some weirdo shit
Yeah the phrase is stupid but you're not necessarily making a case for it by pointing out the elephant in the room lmfao

Wouldn't let that shit happen to ME is all I'm saying

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's just saying nursing is a difficult yet great profession and they are all going to heaven for their good work

It's really not complicated. There's far better reasons to question Biden's candidacy rather than focus on typical campaign fluff
Yup. Kinda Strange seeing people are even getting upset at something as generic as this. Its basically this meme:

L1jOipv.jpg

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
I don't want Biden to be the nominee either, but this complaint is a bit ridiculous.

He's complementing nurses as being as great as angels. He mentions male nurses because people still (especially a lot of his older supporters) think of nurses as mostly being female, and male nurses are looked down upon.

Really, some millennials and gen z people here really do live in a bubble.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
Give ME a fucking break, you're calling him a dumbass for praising nurses. Come back to reality.

I'm calling him a dumbass for obvious pandering, which doesn't even stand up to basic scrutiny

aight I'm out of this thread. too many enlightened centrists can't handle the fact that papa biden is a fucking idiot

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get that part about training home health care workers to "increase their capacity to serve," tbh.

Does that mean requiring them to have degrees or something, because I don't see how that makes sense under our current health care system whatsoever. There's already going to be a massive shortage of that kind of worker, especially in rural areas.

Zornack

Oct 29, 2017
I'm calling him a dumbass for obvious pandering, which doesn't even stand up to basic scrutiny

aight I'm out of this thread. too many enlightened centrists can't handle the fact that papa biden is a fucking idiot

The fuck do you want him to do when speaking to a nurses union?

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Exact the poster literally called him a dumbass for tweeting out this clip.
So did you explicitly highlight the cuss word to make your stance or

Sometimes it's good to call people a fucking dumbass, like you're not exactly making a stance by suggesting NOT to call Biden a dumbass

Aight I'm out of this thread. too many enlightened centrists can't handle the fact that papa biden is a fucking idiot

I mean

Yeah

He's a dumbass but like

Well I mean

It's like, well

Nah he's a dumbass you right

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018

And when politicians talk to first responders they tell them they're the real heroes. Do you think Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. cry when they hear that?

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I get what he's saying, but I agree that if this is the highlight that his social media team posts to twitter, either the event was an incoherent trainwreck or they are inept.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I don't know why tweeting this stuff makes any difference, people tweet all kinds of shit they wouldn't even say in the real world.
This one is just nice but nothing.

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
I mean, he's not being inclusive of nonbinary or agender nurses, so he's not being wholly inclusive.
See, this is prime example of people trying to pick apart every word he says to try to find something to complain about.

Coming into Biden threads, I can always count on the same posters to come in and contort what he says to find a way to dog pile him. It's so bizarre.

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Biden might be an idiot, but him being nice to nurses ain't proof of that.

Deleted member 36557

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Dec 20, 2017
Seriously, how do some of you manage out in the real world?
Can you possibly go a day without being triggered by something?

Zornack

Oct 29, 2017
So did you explicitly highlight the cuss word to make your stance or

Sometimes it's good to call people a fucking dumbass, like you're not exactly making a stance by suggesting NOT to call Biden a dumbass

The hell are you going on about? Calling Biden a dumbass for tweeting this out means you're out of touch with reality.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Can you possibly go a day without being triggered by something?

There it is

The hell are you going on about? Calling Biden a dumbass for tweeting this out means you're out of touch with reality.

Dumbasses can do good things every now and then, that's the endearing trait of dumbassery.

Do you think doing

One good thing

Just exempts them from being a sludge chuffer? Like it's perfectly possible to give credit where it's due while still shitting on a person lmfao I do that shit everyday, it's so easy. I lose nothing from it! It's as effortless as breathing

JJDubz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
As far as Biden gaffes go, this is pretty tepid.

Although I wish I wrote the satire of pushing for wage increases for angels before humans, it is pretty perfect. Consolidates the do-nothing nature of centrists with their constant verbal appeals towards evangelicals and Christian values.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
As far as Biden gaffes go, this is pretty tepid.

Although I wish I wrote the satire of pushing for wage increases for angels before humans, it is pretty perfect. Consolidates the do-nothing nature of centrists with their constant verbal appeals towards evangelicals and Christian values.
There was no gaffe here. Not from Joe anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.