• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
I knew this would be nothing before I clicked and somehow it was even less than nothing.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I think he was trying to say he respects nurses without being sexist.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i guess he (or is handlers) second guessed "...they're all nurses" as kind of creep show

like some may take that as a horny old man envisioning a heaven full of halloween costumed 'nurses'

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At this point, Obama won twice despite these so called brilliant campaign people.

Girder_Shade

Banned
Sep 22, 2019
It's a completely normal statement. He was including males because they rarely get the same recognition in nursing. Some posters here are clearly looking into it way too much and want to start a fight.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Well, at least that decreases the likelihood of Biden trying to kiss all of them.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
User banned (1 week) trolling, accumulated infractions
lol at ERA members being confused & triggered by a totally inoffensive tweet.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Understood perfectly what he meant. I dunno wtf some of ya'll are on about. These Biden threads are really getting ridiculous.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
His son, Beau, died of Brain Cancer. I'm sure he has plenty of first-hand experience with nurses.

Was about to post exactly this. I don't know how any one who has a clue about Biden doesn't get this. His son died of cancer and he's saying nurses are angels for the work they do.

I don't get the posts in this thread at all maybe you guys aren't as informed about the candidates as you think you are.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Was about to post exactly this. I don't know how any one who has a clue about Biden doesn't get this. His son died of cancer and he's saying nurses are angels for the work they do.

I don't get the posts in this thread at all maybe you guys aren't as informed about the candidates as you think you are.

Nah, some users just like to look for stuff to be an issue so they have an excuse to get worked up.

Some people really need to turn off the computer and go for a walk. A long walk.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
This is the politician in him trying to ingratiate himself by attempting to say something profound about people with truly thankless jobs without realizing he just condemed the rest of the world to an eternal hellfire.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not a big deal, but a dumb quote nonetheless.
Sorry Peace Corp people, firefighters, and K-12 teachers. You don't make the cut.
This rates about a 0.1 out of 10 for Biden gaffes, however.

I hate Biden as much as the next guy, but why the fuck does this have 130+ replies?
This is the politician in him trying to ingratiate himself by attempting to say something profound about people with truly thankless jobs without realizing he just condemed the rest of the world to an eternal hellfire.
He's probably using the classical definition of angels that are exclusively made up of the servants of god while the desceased are merely residents.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Some people here behave in the most bizarre way. He's praising nurses, equating them to being angels.

RenorMirshann

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
Poland
I get the intentions, but what's weird for me is the phrasing. Like, he's not questioning the existence of heaven, but he's not sure if there are any angels there?

Cloggerdude

Just tell me what you need.
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been a politician for going on 50 years, but I think it's not too hard to wordsmith it into:
"If there are angels in heaven many of them are nurses" rather than "all are nurses", so fuck other professions.

I still think that's overly harsh, but fair enough.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I still think that's overly harsh, but fair enough.
I mean I did include the following in my post:
Not a big deal, but a dumb quote nonetheless.
This rates about a 0.1 out of 10 for Biden gaffes, however.

I don't think it's a big deal, but I'm not sure why any politician would ever exclude anyone in order to praise a small group of people.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017

They're informed. Would rather be purposely obtuse to insult a candidate they dislike.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
images

Seems to be missing the very common, bitch crackers.

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
That guy's not living in this real world anymore. Fuck heaven and the idea of it.

Nurses are rare and needed. Any one of them does what is physically possible to do.

They are not angels.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
This is easy. "Nurses are great, you guys." That's all he said. If you have had any experience with healthcare, you'd probably understand he threw in "male" because male nurses get shit on due to toxic masculinity.

Similarly, women who become doctors are often called "nurse" by patients, and that's fucked up, too. It's basically a five year old going "dogs are boys and cats are girls" except with doctors and nurses.

Status
Not open for further replies.