• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
As am American I have no idea what led to Boris winning and I am the norm. Biden is taking advantage of that ignorance to make this statement and I hate that instead of people admitting their ignorance and doing researchthey are nodding their heads along to Biden's drivel.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Just so long as you're getting yours right? I mean I get it, I want to pay my bills too, but to give you another example: as a copywriter I'm making most of my living from writing for car dealerships. If however, my government would finally get off its ass and ban cars to combat climate change, that would probably lose me a significant chunk of my assignments. I'd welcome it though if someone finally were to do something about an issue I feel is far more important than something as inconsequential (comparatively) as how I make my living.

You, as a person, should be able to admit that the job you're doing is utterly fucking pointless and perhaps even detrimental to the human experience. Don't blame you for doing it. But If I can admit that, so can you.
I'm an IT guy for a dental insurance company. I like how people see "insurance" and suddenly everyone even remotely tied to any type of insurance company is "detrimental to the human experience." How condescending of you. I can find another job in 5 minutes if I had to. I happen to like what I do, though, and many of the people that I work with would end up jobless for months and beyond because of how specialized our work is. Guess you and Bernie don't care about that, though, since dental IT people being jobless is for the greater good.

No, but I assume that 15k did not represent 100% of your savings. Not 50% or 25% either.
It was half since you're up for guessing.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Biden's constant insistence on Trump being an outlier and the GOP's fever breaking once he's gone is both baffling to me, given his personal experience with the complete opposite for eight years, and one of the biggest reasons he's not my preferred choice in the primary by far. At the same time, I would absolutely 100% with no reservations take a Biden presidency with his proposed healthcare and climate and gun control policies, and his latitude over steering the courts away from the Federalist Society's clutches, over another four years of Trump if those were the two choices in a general election. And it's insane to me that any reasonable progressive who wants anything better for this country does not see the night and day difference between the two.

I don't think this mindset really reckons with how bad Trump is, how much damage he has done so far, and how much more consequential that legacy will be if he gets another four years at it. Trump may be a symptom of a bigger disease, but that doesn't change the fact that he is a particularly catastrophic and uniquely powerful symptom. Nothing, literally absolutely nothing, that a progressive wants to see happen will happen under a second Trump term. Even worse than that, the potential for progressive change post-Trump will be eroded further under another four years of Trump. A Biden presidency may not champion all or most ideal progressive policies, but a continuing Trump presidency will totally salt the earth to prevent those progressive policies from even being able to happen under, say, a President AOC. A continuing conservative Supreme Court and a judiciary being reshaped by Trump and Leonard Leo will see to that.

Joe Biden is delusional and values deals above anything else, all so he can reinforce his d'illusion that Republicans etc aren't broken and 'the system' works.

He's a HORRIBLE negotiator and judge of character with a stunning lack of self awareness.

Power play: Reid sidelined Biden

By JONATHAN ALLEN and CARRIE BUDOFF BROWN

10/08/2013 05:01 AM EDT

Updated 10/08/2013 06:33 PM EDT
When President Barack Obama laid out his strategy for the current debt-limit fight in a private meeting with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid this past summer, Reid stipulated one condition: No Joe Biden

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately he's not wrong. While Corbyn is someone's who's policies I can back, in the context of the UK being a very conservative country, relatively speaking, his ideals are far to liberal for the general populace.

If Labour ever wants a real shot at taking power, it's looking likely they're going to need another Blair.

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans
For anyone that claims that Brexit and not Corby was the problem, Opinium have just released a new poll:

ELrVznsWkAAJPXD

It 100% was Corbyn and his crew that was so utterly unappealing that some voters went to BoJo of all people.

Biden is right, the same thing will happen if Bernie and his crew get the nomination.
This says to me that the party's far left agenda had almost nothing to do with its defections.

Corbyn is a wet noodle. Bernie is not.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As am American I have no idea what led to Boris winning and I am the norm. Biden is taking advantage of that ignorance to make this statement and I hate that instead of people admitting their ignorance and doing researchthey are nodding their heads along to Biden's drivel.

We've got a lot of water carriers for the Democratic Party on this forum, evidenced by the continued Clinton Defense Force, the constant shots at Bernie, and a myriad of other ugly things that keep popping up.

Biden is a shit and my pragmatic decision to vote for him should he win the nomination makes me ill. Funny how some people seem very comfortable with it.

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
Pay no attention the 2016 US Presidential Election when the moderate candidate lost to Donald Trump.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One disaster goof by Biden in a presidential debate, which seems like a lock to happen, and Trump will be locked in for another 4 years

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
If you see Biden debate Trump if he ever gets the nomination, expect the moderate republicans vote for Trump.

He can't even keep up with 9 other democrats on stage. And you'll have nobody but Biden, MSM and the DNC to blame

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Glass Joe won't be able to hang with Trump for multiple debates. I don't trust these independents Joe is chasing for anything. They will betray him when he's exposed as the old man he is.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you see Biden debate Trump if he ever gets the nomination, expect the moderate republicans vote for Trump.

He can't even keep up with 9 other democrats on stage. And you'll have nobody but Biden, MSM and the DNC to blame
Every debate will be Trump going after Biden for his son getting a job. Biden already snapped at a random voter, imagine what's going to happen when Trump endlessly attacks him for it

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
Just one week after his attempts to coddle moderate republicans he's attacking the left.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I feel like I was just reading this same shit after the Australian election. To me if anything the Labour Party in Australia just feels like a moderate version of our right party and after losing the last election their solution seems to have been to move further to the right.

I want a genuine left leaning party and at the moment your only option is to vote for greens parties who are generally minor parties and will never win the election.

I won't deny there is some truth to the idea of parties that go too far left being seen negatively. The greens party in Australia is seen that way, they're viewed is the fringe far left the 'crazy greenies'. Not that I agree but that's the general perception.

IMO that's not what's happening with parties like labour. The right is fighting to energise their base and the general voting populace. They yell, they scream, they lie, they deceive. They'll use the media to push agendas and makes sure to push their narrative at every turn. They make sure that the only issues that are being discussed are the ones they want to be discussed in a way they want them to be discussed.

On the flip side left leaning parties across the world act like limp noodles. Too scared to alienate the mythical swing/moderate voter and too busy trying to appeal to the right. They tiptoe around and simply don't do enough to get people to vote for them.

It leads to situations where they won't publicly push for something until it's so far overwhelmingly shown to be favourably in polls that they have no choice but to act. It leads to situations like here in Australia where in the end it was actually our right leaning government that ended up bringing in gay marriage because the Labour Party was too scared to get it done.

I want to see a left leaning party show as much passion for their causes as the far right do their own.

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
Come on, you want to have Trump make history by becoming the first relected impeached President? Don't be silly

Sounds better to me than supporting centrist garbage like Biden that effectively is a Republican and shows the Democratic party that people on the left will get vote against actual progress just to play an ineffective game of denial of Republicans.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Sounds better to me than supporting centrist garbage like Biden that effectively is a Republican and shows the Democratic party that people on the left will get vote against actual progress just to play an ineffective game of denial of Republicans.
And if America isn't ready for your progress and just want trump out of office is it really going to be the end of the world with Biden in there. It gets the ball back in Democrats court. It lets RBG retire. Come on, think

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And if America isn't ready for your progress and just want trump out of office is it really going to be the end of the world with Biden in there. It gets the ball back in Democrats court. It lets RBG retire. Come on, think
We will have a more lethal and efficient white nationalist in office within 2 decades if we settle for mediocrity. I will post I told you so from my execution queue.

Going back to the center just feels like addressing a potentially fatal disease with a bottle of whiskey and a night out on the town. It will feel good in the short term lol.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
We will have a more lethal and efficient white nationalist in office within 2 decades if we settle for mediocrity. I will post I told you so from my execution queue.
And we won't have one if we go hard left? (Hard for America). The safe bet gets trump out of office, I know it's not the popular opinion here, but it's the one that will resonate with the average voter sick of seeing the guy from the apprentice running this country.

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City

Shit like this is why I hate trying to appeal to moderates. Pushing for actual progress is suddenly "not thinking". Sorry but I'm not onboard with this strategy of literally changing nothing and pretending everything is ok because the GOP isn't in the White House. Trusting Biden to replace RBG is absolutely laughable to me.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
People still out here, years on, thinking trump came from nowhere and if we just replace him with the previous status quo, he and what fuels him will be banished forever. If we don't address the things that led to him, we're just going to get another trump in a few years, and the next one will likely be much more competent at implementing their agenda.

But yes, let's demonize the left and move further to the right instead. Actually, if the two parties converge on the right, eventually it will basically be like winning even if we lose. That should appeal to all the valueless weirdos whose only politics is betting on the right horse to win.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And we won't have one if we go hard left? (Hard for America). The safe bet gets trump out of office, I know it's not the popular opinion here, but it's the one that will resonate with the average voter sick of seeing the guy from the apprentice running this country.
I feel like the safe bets aren't so safe. Biden is big papa now, but he's gambling on loyalty from racists and independents lol. If it was '12 Biden I'd feel safe about betting on his win but he is really looking flabby and sick nowadays, the optics will look bad months from now during debates.

Lmao I can't believe in 2019 60% of the viable choices for president think Black people are subhuman.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Joe Biden and this opportunistic bullshit.

That said, I'd vote for him in the general if I had to and anyone who wouldn't is helping usher in a second Trump term. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Shit like this is why I hate trying to appeal to moderates. Pushing for actual progress is suddenly "not thinking". Sorry but I'm not onboard with this strategy of literally changing nothing and pretending everything is ok because the GOP isn't in the White House. Trusting Biden to replace RBG is absolutely laughable to me.
What are your other option? Another Kavanagh?

Goskarrr

Oct 27, 2017
He sounds right imo given the current climate, the center left seems the more pragmatic choice rn. Another 4 years of Trump would be too damaging to take any risks, Russian guaranteed interference and all.

Lexad

Nov 4, 2017
Sounds like a losing policy to me

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney

Goskarrr

Oct 27, 2017
They ate shit in the rest of the UK too though.
Yeah, not 100% sure on this so feel free to correct me but hasn't their reputation been (apparently) irreparably damaged by a past alliance with a Tory government when they took the blame for bunch of bad policies? To me their case seems different from the center left one in the states.