• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 week): making a thread based on an inflammatory point of comparison
Just a thought- Trump beating Hillary in 2016 could be a key step in us getting a true leftist president. Had Hillary won in 2016 We'd likely be on our way to the 2nd term of a middling center right presidency. And I'm not sure Bernie would continue to run for a first term after 2020. It's possible but he's definitely getting old.

Of course Trump has been harmful to our political institutions and various groups who have faced discrimination under his presidency.

Is this potential tradeoff worth it in your eyes?

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
Feel like the answer to this is obviously no, but an even more obvious no if Bernie doesn't even win.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
No because Bernie's not going to be able to deliver the big changes without Senate majority which is probably not going to happen.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
i feel like if hilary had won we'd eventually be in this situation we are in anyways.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But we're not getting Bernie in 2020 and even if we did, he wouldn't be able to pass anything through Republic gridlock, so no, it doesn't appear to have been worth it.

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say no, purely because of the hundreds of garbage federal judges and two SCOTUS justices we now have.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
In the most telegraphed, anti-climatic plot twist of all time, turns out the accelerations were big fuckin' wrong and we're absolutely much worse off under Trump, even if Bernie wins 2020.

Commodore64

Oct 25, 2017
oClam0w.gif

Deleted member 33057

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Hillary would have lost 2nd term and we'd be looking at an even more Republican House and Senate as well from 2018

Now we can get Trump out and have a hopefully all Democratic government.

Take your pick lol. Anything is better than having Trump at all though

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Prepare to get roasted in here.
Either way, yes, 8 years of Hillary would have sucked, but it's no where near as bad as what's happening right now.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
No. The damage Trump has done on every level, the shit he has facilitated and normalized, the people who have been left without any means of help... No, it's not "worth it."

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely not, especially considering how little Bernie will be able to implement of his platform.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
No! Short of an untimely death, SCOTUS and federal courts are set for decades to come.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
Logically nobody could answer "yes" except for a burn-it-down, fuck politics/the "establishment" crazy person...so yeah.

No.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
"OK guys but hear me out: If Trump gets elected, things'll get so bad that they'll have to get better! Genius, right?!"

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Everything about the situation screams "no" given the state of the country and Trump's ravaging of the judicial system, specifically the Supreme Court. But it's impossible to say without seeing what a Sanders administration could accomplish. There's obviously the potential there for a Sanders administration to do astonishingly more good than Trump's done bad, but also the potential for his administration to be hamstrung. So, as of this very moment? No. Absolutely not. In 5 years? Maybe.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had Hillary won she'd have been a single term president.

We'd still be hearing about Benghazi and her emails, along with any new controversies the right would've imagined.

Dems would've likely lost the midterms.

The government would be just as uncooperative like they were with Obama.

And this year Trump would return and win.

So it's for the best she lost.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
No. Kids died in concentration camps that would not have existed to purposefully neglect and harm them in a scheme to deter further immigration.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Just a thought- Trump beating Hillary in 2016 could be a key step in us getting a true leftist president. Had Hillary won in 2016 We'd likely be on our way to the 2nd term of a middling center right presidency. And I'm not sure Bernie would continue to run for a first term after 2020. It's possible but he's definitely getting old.

Of course Trump has been harmful to our political institutions and various groups who have faced discrimination under his presidency.

I saw this reasoning before, Hell No. Honestly..it feels like something a white straight middle class/rich man would say. Every other group has been harmed by Trump.

Is this one of those...'We had to take one for the team...to get what we wanted' or something like that?

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Hillary would have lost 2nd term and we'd be looking at a Republican House and Senate as well.

Now we can get Trump out and have a hopefully all blue government.

Take your pick lol. Anything is better than having Trump at all though
Difference is that at least GoP would have learned that going full Trump lead to defeat so they would have been saner next time around.
Now they've been validated and we'll get worse and worse shit now.
So thanks

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
Were the judges Trump appointed worth it?

Was putting kids in concentration camps worth it?

Fuck no.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a obscene and tragically inmoral take that would make be ashamed of myself.

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We are indefinitely stuck with a conservative Supreme Court now. The answer is no.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Nope, especially since what a President Sanders could get through congress wouldn't differ from what a President Biden could get through.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
i feel like if hilary had won we'd eventually be in this situation we are in anyways.
There's basically no reason to believe this. I think it's safe to assume a Clinton victory would've been held up in the Senate at every possible step - but there is absolutely zero reason to assume she'd eventually land on any of Trump's xenophobic policies.

Status
Not open for further replies.