• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Good Evening, I'm Julie Chen Moonves and...

T3ydad8.gif

That's right! Big Brother is back for it's 21st season. Get ready for a jam-packed summer filled with trash twists, trash competitions, trash showmances, and lots and lots of trash drama!

Watch the 2-night season premiere live beginning Tuesday, June 25th at 8/7c
t1561507200z4.png

and continuing on Wednesday June 26th at 8/7c

PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS FOR LIVE FEED UPDATES

Lets introduce this year's CAST

V1r73Ga.jpg

Analyse Talavera
Hometown: Northridge, California
Current city: Simi Valley, California

PYRlKyP.jpg

Christie Murphy
Hometown: Staten Island, New York
Current city: Keyport, New Jersey

2mSst5X.jpg

Holly Allen
Hometown: Lander, Wyoming
Current city: Los Angeles

vuKxqBc.jpg

Isabella Wang, also goes by Bella
Hometown: Mount Olive, New Jersey

AKHgQne.jpg

Jack Matthews
Hometown: Chicago
Current city: Tampa, Florida

5rxftYw.jpg

Jackson Michie
Hometown: Nashville, Tennessee

YstZa9w.jpg

Jessica Milagros
Hometown: Chicago
Current city: Oak Park, Illinois

IYsH3AQ.jpg

Kathryn Dunn
Hometown: Irving, Texas
Current city: Dallas

56W7XOn.jpg

Kemi Faknule
Hometown: Elkridge, Maryland
Current city: Brooklyn, New York

TFbhckE.jpg

Nick Maccarone
Hometown: Sewell, New Jersey
Current city: Sewell, New Jersey

A12VGLC.jpg

Nicole Anthony
Hometown: Long Island, New York
Current city: Long Island, New York

IeoBHJ6.jpg

Ovi Kabir
Hometown: Oakridge, Tennessee
Current city: Knoxville, Tennessee

l1qPRvA.jpg

Sam Smith
Hometown: West Nanticoke, Pennsylvania
Current city: Mountain Top, Pennsylvania

s55qin5.jpg

Tommy Bracco
Hometown: Staten Island, New York
Current city: Staten Island, New York

v09miRQ.jpg

David Alexander
Hometown: Atlanta
Current city: Atlanta

1C9r0w3.jpg

Cliff Hogg the 3rd
Hometown: Houston
Current city: Houston

POSSIBLE SPOILER TO ONE OF THE TWISTS

Here's to a great summer.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
Jackson has the squarest jaw I've ever seen

And Nick has the most unfortunate haircut I've ever seen.

That's my impressions of this cast.

Oct 27, 2017
I love how every year they pretend that this isn't just a show for attractive people to argue by including some 50-something white dude that looks like a Jimmy Buffet fan who gets bounced from the house by week three.

Last edited:

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
I love how every year they pretend that this isn't just a show for attractive people to argue by including some 50-something white dude that looks like a Jimmy Buffet fan who gets bounced from the house by week three.
After him, the next oldest is 31. Age diversity is not a Big Brother strong point.

Big Brother Canada was kinda boring, even with a bunch of twists to try and make it different. There was a dominant alliance that just manipulated and picked off the dummies.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Cautiously optimistic? I don't really instantly hate anyone. Except maybe Kathryn, because I feel like she could be related to Elissa/Rachel.

By looks alone I thought this looked like an annoying cast, but their interviews weren't all terrible. Seems like they cast a lot of people that could be argumentative.

Also seems like secret pairs could be a possible twist, seems like there's a lot of connections people have already found between the cast members.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
I don't really watch Big Brother, but I stumbled upon this thread and saw that Tommy looked familiar.

Then, it hit on me, I saw him on Newsies once. So how'd he go from Broadway to Big Brother, huh.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I thought Jason Momoa would have a personality of a rock from his questionnaire, but his interview was decent enough. He seemed personable and not too self serious.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I am putting in a conscious effort this season of not hating 80% of the cast by Week 3. I never feel this way about other shows, Big Brother just brings out my ire toward humanity.

Liking this cast so far. Looks like a decent mix of people who follow the show and newbies who can figure it out.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
I don't really watch Big Brother, but I stumbled upon this thread and saw that Tommy looked familiar.

Then, it hit on me, I saw him on Newsies once. So how'd he go from Broadway to Big Brother, huh.

He was just in a show ( Pretty Woman ). I don't know him, but he's probably in it for fun. And Broadway performers aren't necessarily rich.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I am putting in a conscious effort this season of not hating 80% of the cast by Week 3. I never feel this way about other shows, Big Brother just brings out my ire toward humanity.

Liking this cast so far. Looks like a decent mix of people who follow the show and newbies who can figure it out.

My goal going into every season is not hating Grodner and Production. It's been a loooong time since I've been successful.

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Cautiously optimistic for this one. Last season was very enjoyable, and would have been a top tier season if the right person had won.

On paper, this cast seems very strong. Kind of crushing on Nicole, but that thick Long Island accent in the CBSAA interview was pretty grating. Still..

tenor.gif

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Cautiously optimistic for this one. Last season was very enjoyable, and would have been a top tier season if the right person had won.

On paper, this cast seems very strong. Kind of crushing on Nicole, but that thick Long Island accent in the CBSAA interview was pretty grating. Still..

tenor.gif

Stronger last 4 weeks or so and a different winner(or at least the come about the win through those last 4 weeks), would have probably put it in a top 5.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
That would be an extremely difficult task for me. That's usually why I don't care who wins because I end up disliking everybody who makes it that far. There is something about Big Brother that brings out the worst of people, and they need to be that way to be successful on the show.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Jackson looks like a default character.

All in on Nicole from the interviews, ready to watch her catastrophically screw-up in some fashion.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Cliff Hogg the 3rd from Houston.
Not only the sacrificial old guy, but the american stereotype for the LOLs.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Cliff Hogg the 3rd from Houston.
Not only the sacrificial old guy, but the american stereotype for the LOLs.

To his credit though, he apparently is actually a fan of the show, RHAP patron, and during his interviews with Jeff he burned Jeff with a pretty good dumb Jeff reference that even Jeff didn't get.

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Stronger last 4 weeks or so and a different winner(or at least the come about the win through those last 4 weeks), would have probably put it in a top 5.

I love the show, but I'm definitely of the opinion that it could run about 20 days shorter. Even the best seasons start to drag near the end. Celebrity Big Brother is too short, but real Big Brother is just a little too long. I like when they keep it moving once the cast dwindles down.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I love the show, but I'm definitely of the opinion that it could run about 20 days shorter. Even the best seasons start to drag near the end. Celebrity Big Brother is too short, but real Big Brother is just a little too long. I like when they keep it moving once the cast dwindles down.

I love the show but think it needs to be in different hands. Kassting and Grodner are just blind to their many faults and are reassured in their practices by increased viewership in a worse product.

Oct 27, 2017
Whelp here we go. This can't possibly end worse than the last season of survivor can it? I expect nothing but a fun ride to disappointment as the wrong person wins because these shows rewards those who do nothing, while the ones who make it entertaining get punished.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Whelp here we go. This can't possibly end worse than the last season of survivor can it? I expect nothing but a fun ride to disappointment as the wrong person wins because these shows rewards those who do nothing, while the ones who make it entertaining get punished.

Hard to compare though because Big Brother is a marathon where early on you basically want to do nothing but build relationships. And most the time the people who make the show entertaining are usually really dumb and their entertaining quality means nothing for the actual gameplay.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Totally forgot this was a thing.
Gonna have to watch because Big Brother UK is dead.....well Ill actually probably Twitter watch rather than actually watch.
Twitter makes the show seem more exciting the the highlight show....and I aint LiveFeed'ing this shit.

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Totally forgot this was a thing.
Gonna have to watch because Big Brother UK is dead.....well Ill actually probably Twitter watch rather than actually watch.
Twitter makes the show seem more exciting the the highlight show....and I aint LiveFeed'ing this shit.

Isn't Big Brother UK a totally different show due to the format? Have you seen the US show before? I've heard it's jarring switching from one to the other.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Older people only have to make it past week one, but once they do they're there until final 4 or 5 just about every time.

I was worried about Cliff from his questionnaire answers and how he came across, but with interviews and finding out more info he seems like he'd be pretty personable and knows at least a decent amount. He's apparently an RHAP fan and been watching a while.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Isn't Big Brother UK a totally different show due to the format? Have you seen the US show before? I've heard it's jarring switching from one to the other.

Yeah its a totally different show.
I started Watching BBUS when I moved to the US.
But my firstreal experience with BB was BBUK.
Beyond strangers in a housethe gameplay is very different.

US houseguest can effectively strategize to get someone out...UK you arent even allowed to talk gameplay cept in the diary room.
UK the public chooses who leaves the house....USseems almost like Survivor but in a house.
It was still brainlessTV just like UK which is how I eventually started Twitter watching it and catching whenever I can.
But im not a religious watcher....Ill be in this thread tho.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mild spoilers (first HOH, possible first noms, they haven't happened yet) are out via feed leaks btw, for anyone who cares about those or cares about avoiding those.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I seriously can't take Kathryn's face. All I see when I look at her is Elissa and Rachel. At least her voice isn't as annoying as either of them.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Also what the fuck, are they just trying to berry the fact that casting is terrible and they accidentally cast multiple people that know each other? They mention it like it's a twist then never mention it again and then only acknowledge one pair knowing each other?

Ok seriously, I feel like I'm the only one bothered by this lmao

bb15-bblf-20130720-0930-elissa-hdr.jpg

kathryn-dunn-00-680x380.jpg

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
What a dumb twist. Why even bother with themes at this point? You know that key part of everyone's camp life where your counselor picks people to battle and the loser goes home.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
So there aren't pairs this year and it's just a coincidence that two contestants know each other? Tried finding spoilers if people figured out if there more pairs but can't find anything.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely hate day 1 eviction. Oh well, at least this will put blood on Jackson's hands and make the target on his back bigger because I really want him gone in order to avoid another BBCAN7 situation.

Bella is my favorite so far.