• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Respawn

Dec 5, 2017

This tariff war looks like it may soon hit gamers pockets in a not so good way.

The price of Project Scarlett and PS5 consoles could be impacted in the coming weeks by a factor outside of Sony and Microsoft's control.
A process has started in which the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative has been holding hearings regarding new proposed tariffs on over $200 billion in Chinese goods.
This new list has not come into effect yet but would include consoles, something that would be a major change for Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo.
The Tariffs are currently set to increase by up to 25% and could lead major manufacturers to change their current production setups

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
It's the Express. They may not necessarily be incorrect, but go in with a full expectation that they'll oversensationalise.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
So an expected 25% increase in console prices is what I'm getting from this article? I'll probably do some digging later to find other articles on the topic, but I would imagine tariffs will hit gamers.

I wonder if digital goods are also affected.

OP
OP
Respawn

Respawn

Dec 5, 2017
Hey don't blame the messenger just figured you guys would like to know. Could care less about clicks and bait.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Oh man, can we please not have these absolutely terrible clickbait headlines. Just write what the news is in the headline.

Hey don't blame the messenger just figured you guys would like to know. Could care less about clicks and bait.
If you open a thread here, it's on you to think of a good title. Just copying an awful headline without any information sucks.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I doubt this will change the effect on the price of consoles. If anything it'll hurt the profit margins and we might finally see $70 games because of it.

Keep in mind that Sony learned a hard lesson when it came to console pricing and I sincerely doubt if there's an increase in manuf costs due to tarrifs those will be passed to the consumer at least not in console price increases. They'll find a different way to get us.

Bashteee

Oct 27, 2017
But the statement also explains: "Instituting tariffs would lead to reduced R&D investment, as console makers scale back on revolutionary new technologies."

Meaning the possibility for less powerful consoles because of the US policies.

The document is legit, Gamers Nexus also reported on that.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
It's amazing how much effect can a shithead have.

We,, as a human race should find a way to not depend on a king's whim.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
This source isn't credible. If you find a more reputable source you can remake the thread, but try to do a better job with the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.