• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gospel

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
These. With the latter point, I find someone who has seemingly nothing going on to likely lack in intelligence.

Not a date, but a girl I was interested in walked into the bar with her friends. She walked over next to me to order (place was otherwise almost entirely empty). Her hand was wrapped in gauze. The highlight of our exchange was something like this:

"What happened to your hand?"
"*cringes* *friends cringe* ooofff....uuhhhhhh.....ummmm. It's a bite."
"Oh my God...what bit you???"
"*cringes* *friends cringe* oooof....uhhhhhhhhghghhghmmmmmm it was a fox."
"A FOX?! How do you get bitten by a fox?!"
"*MEGA CRINGE* (friends do same) uuhhhhh I can't tell you."
"......."
"......like..."
"....."
"Well...."
"...."
"We broke into a zoo and tried to free the fox. We're all animal lovers. They (*motions toward friends*) were my getaway ride."

(I was able to determine that it was this small, local, shitty zoo.)
What the hell is this

Spanglo

Oct 29, 2017
After reading this thread I'm no longer confused why people are having less sex these days.

guru-guru

Oct 25, 2017
The date itself was bad, but there were no serious red flags. The girl in question had zero personality and was way too quiet. Could barely get a word out of her. I thought it was clear that we had no spark, and neither of us had a good time, so I was surprised the next day when I got a text from her saying she wanted to go out again the following week. I was at basketball practice, so decided I'd reply later...When I checked my phone a couple hours afterwards she had sent 15+ more texts and had planned museum visits, art gallery visits, dinners, a biking trip, etc. that we were going to do together. We went on one kinda shitty date, now she's planning our future? Shit was spooky.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Went on a date with an anime-obsessed girl once, and it was one of the most bizarre experiences I've ever had. She'd constantly throw in random Japanese words during our conversation, so I had to keep asking her what she meant (she's not Japanese, and doesn't actually speak Japanese fluently.) She had also adopted all these cliche anime mannerisms, and she kept doing them ALL. THE. TIME. You know the ones:

943a36027d5de91bc2461381a2862cae87799ebd65a9283254da0e7d5b78d171.gif

CjOn-NRUkAASxRw.jpg

Oi8v6ol.gif

What's her Era username?

Another date, Mid-way through a joint she admits she has a facial fetish.

"do you eat ass?"

literally her first words when we sat down

nah man i ain't about that life

Y'all some weak motherfuckers.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
"do you eat ass?"

literally her first words when we sat down

nah man i ain't about that life
"we could go out to the car right now, forget the date."

for real the only thing that made me balk was when she started talking about bad relationships and how she recently bought a gun.
i was like, babe...you need a dog not a boyfriend. (i did'nt think she would shoot her own dog.)

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
You know, this board really does have a problem with people not being at all interested in anal-lingus.
Is it really that difficult to imagine that some of us aren't down or are you all just super into clowning us?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't had a lot of RED FLAG dates, but I had one date one time where a girl I was having dinner with asked me what kind of music inspired me and I explained how the Final Fantasy VI soundtrack coming out when I was eight years old was what got me interested in orchestral music, opera and eventually musical theatre.

I figured that since she was a professional musician, she'd at least understand where I was coming from, but her response was just a deadpan, low-energy "oh". The rest of the date went downhill from there.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My date showed up about 200lbs heavier and 20 years older than the advertised pic. That was a huge, no pun intended, red flag.

DeadlyVirus

Oct 29, 2017
As soon as we sat down, she saw a friend of hers outside passing by. She proceeds to go outside and invites him to join our dinner.
I said "I guess you found company" and left.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
My type of a freak.

My answer would be yes with a side of fries
You really dropped the ball on this one.
Y'all some weak motherfuckers.

Some desperate people right here would match the desperation of the woman who opens with that kind of line...

Hey, I'll try anything once...but that's not a conversation opener.
This. I'm all for trying new things, but when you sit down somewhere to eat and get to know someone, that is not what I want to hear first.

JJdubbs77

Banned
Apr 20, 2019
Some desperate people right here would match the desperation of the woman who opens with that kind of line...

This. I'm all for trying new things, but when you sit down somewhere to eat and get to know someone, that is not what I want to hear first.

Wait a minute liking eating ass does not equate to desperation it's a sexual preference

And when someone hits you with that opening at dinner you know she's a freak and not wife/girlfriend material.

Oct 27, 2017
I had like three serious dates in my life, one of them showed me horse pictures for like half an hour (it felt like an eternity), its not a huge red flag but sometimes you just know somethings not quite right with a person obsessed with horses that much.

I blocked my niece on Facebook because of this. Every time I went there it was a dozen pictures of horses, or motivational quotes, or motivational quotes on pictures of fucking horses.

pooptest

Oct 27, 2017
This was about 10 years ago or so... I met this girl online that lived like 1.5~ hours away. Not great, but manageable.
Anyway, we had been messaging a bit and then a phone call (which eventually ended in phone sex after a few hours).
Next day, I drove down to meet her for an actual date. Date was good; went to a museum, ate lunch, then went back to her place and had sex. Sex was good, but I really wish she had shaved down there as it was truly starting to hurt/uncomfortable against my skin (there was quite a lot with little to no maintenance).
Anyway, I left a bit later and we had made plans to hang out in a few days (maybe a week later). I drive down again and we go to dinner.
Side note: my family and I are big texters and we only call out of necessity or emergency.
So, I get a call from my mom, and I apologized, but said I should take it. I took the call, while still at the table, and talked for a moment. She then asked to talk to my mom. I was confused as to what would be the point. I thought it to be harmless and let her. She proceeded to introduce herself and then ended up saying she was pregnant and it was mine. I mean, she was joking, but WTFFFFFFFFFFF!

Yep, and then it was over. My mom later asked me wtf was wrong with this girl. I just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and told her it was over.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017

It has nothing to do with desperation, some people are simply more forward about what they're into or looking for than others.

No reason to assume anything else just cause you're uncomfortable with it.

Deleted member 51103

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 20, 2018
Portland, Oregon
The one that simply weeds out the guys just looking for sex.
No, ducking awful take. Great way to waste a few months and cause a lot of heartbreak. "I'm not interested anymore." "Why?" "I want a relationship with sex." "But I told you..." Crying. Betrayed. What a mess.

Take people at their word. If that is how the person feels then that is how they feel.

"Weeds out guys looking for sex?" Sex is an important part of every relationship. Gaslighting someone with that line is a huge red flag.

My story: hung out at a bar, her sandal broke. Went back to my place, hung out for a bit. I loaned her a pair of my work-out shoes AND I NEVER GOT THEM BACK. DAMNIT.

Also showing up 40lbs or 10 years different in their photos. Dick move.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
To echo what others have said, most of my biggest red flags have been women who kept their phone on the table the whole and time and/or had the gall to text mid conversation. Or some women have looked nothing like their pictures. Or their communication was god awful.

For instance, I've had a few women text co-workers or friends mid conversation. One had the gall to call her friend to make immediate plans after we left an art show and hopped into a cab. I deleted her number as soon as I left her.

Earlier this year I went to meet up with a girl at a club I messaged via Bumble. But when I walked in there, I saw her smoking a cigarette from far, noped the hell out of there, and unmatched/blocked her number. She asked me if she was too hot to handle (she wasn't all that attractive IMHO) but I made up some excuse.

Some older Japanese woman I met off Coffee Meets Bagel last year asked why I wanted to meet at a particular bar (certainly one red flag). Later when she got to the bar, she proceeded to complain about how much American society sucks in comparison to Japanese society and how she wasn't impressed with NY's Japanese/Thai food scene (save for 2 restaurants that got her seal of approval).

Then to add insult to injury, she proceeded to give me a lecture about how I'm not a real man despite paying for the drinks and food as we left. Later, she continued to lecture me via text which was the last straw so I cursed her out and blocked her number. In retrospect, I should have her stiffed her with the bill.TL;DR: she turned out to be a psycho and wanted to go back to Japan after her stint ended.

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
Took me to Texas Roadhouse and kept going on about ancient "advanced" Civilizations that existed in the past. He referenced pseudo-science and aliens. Apparently we were created by an alien civilization to be their slave labor to mine gold to fix their home planet...