• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which remaster was the biggest surprise absence this gen

• Mass Effect Trilogy

• Killzone Trilogy

• Super Mario 3D World

• Zelda WW & TP HD

• Resistance Trilogy

• Infamous & Infamous 2

• Dead Space Trilogy

Results are only viewable after voting.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Breath of the Wild definitely felt like it did not need two bosses repeated 6 times, three biomes total, an empty overworld, and tadtones.
Breath of the Wild did feel like it needed something resembling a half decent story, good characters, more than one piece of memorable music, any sense of progression and substantial dungeons though. Also motion controls for life.

Reven

Oct 25, 2017
I would be down for more Infamous or Resistance. Second Son was one of the earliest PS4 games to really blow me away. Still really good looking today, and a lot of fun.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
nier-review-nier-gestalt-replicant.png

Both versions fully translated in English

Bring the real Nier back home

Still never understood how Square failed to easily capitalize on the success of Automata by not re-releasing this in 2018 or 2019. Just a total WTF.

Ramble

Sep 21, 2019
For me personally WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY RATCHET & CLANK GAMES PLAYSTATION YOU FUCKS.

The PS3 games were fucking lit and the OG games are good too.

We got Jak which let's be honest, nowhere near as good as Ratchet.

Also Sly Coops is missing but I know I'm the only person that gives a single shit about that franchise so I don't expect much.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
The holy Sony trinity of Killzone, Resistance and Infamous with a side of Ratchet Future, Sly Collection and Motorstorm.
It blows my goddamn mind how all of these are stuck on PS3 XD

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Its Mass Effect not even close but maybe its for the better because hopefully after the success of more large full remakes and well done remasters as well single player games maybe EA will say to themselves "Lets do this right and win back some love from the community" if we got it at the beginning of the gen it probably would've been the worst remaster all gen and full of new micro transactions.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I loved Nier Automata and I want to play these two, but I read somewhere that they're the same game but with different protagonists and other slight differences. Can someone explain that to me?

Yeah that's the gist of it. Nier Gestalt (the one we got) is about a father, Nier Replicant is about a brother. The protagonists, and how he interacts with the world and his party members, are the only differences between them.

SkullHydra

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Feb 20, 2018
As much as I would personally have loved a Dead Space trilogy remaster, I wasn't expecting it. I 100% was expecting to have the Mass Effect trilogy remastered and was shocked that it wasn't.

Here's hoping we get both next gen.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
I'd buy a remaster of every damn game on that list. The only thing it's missing is the Metroid Prime Trilogy.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is a glaring one.

TW3 shot the series up to new heights of popularity. TW2 is a beautiful game even today and is very different from TW3.

It is also a game that not many people played. It only launched on PC and 360 in 2011 and it would find a large number of interested new players post TW3.

I am baffled it was not remastered.

Survivortype

May 2, 2018
Van City
Man, Dead space 1 and 2 were awesome.

I really like the "uncharting" that happened with 2. I never played 3 due to the poopooing about the micro transactions.

Deleted member 227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How did you not include MGS, lol. The series that went from being one of the most popular in gaming space to being stuck on a 14 year old console. Praise be that SOMEONE is actually interested in pursuing backwards compatibility so that it isn't completely lost.

Last edited:

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Would have been nice to have a good DICE developed Battlefield game this generation after Battlefield 4 and at this point, it's pretty clear that that's only ever going to happen if they remaster a classic.

On that note, it's absolutely insane to me that Mirror's Edge VR hasn't happened. It would literally print money.

Last edited:

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Mass Effect. But my guess is that they would have to figure out a LOT of moving pieces. Mass Effect 1 would probably have to be a remake. Even 2 is VERY outdated and would need significant changes made to its engine/assets, etc.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
We're long past due for an all-DLC Mass Effect trilogy release, remaster or no.

Metroid Prime Trilogy not being a real thing is criminal.
Got good news and bad news for you. Good news is it's real; bad news is Nintendo's been sitting on it since approximately late 2018, waiting for Prime 4 to be far along enough that they can use Trilogy to build hype for it at the optimal time. Or something.

Oct 28, 2017
Got good news and bad news for you. Good news is it's real; bad news is Nintendo's been sitting on it since approximately late 2018, waiting for Prime 4 to be far along enough that they can use Trilogy to build hype for it at the optimal time. Or something.

No more lies...haven't I suffered enough pain.

Next You'll tell Dread is still in development.

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Selfish answer? Lost Planet (specifically 2)

Serious answer? Killzone
Seriously imagine how amazing 2 would be with more responsive controls and current gen horsepower behind it.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Voted for Infamous just because there was/will be such a long gap between sucker punch games. One of the first games of the gen and one of the last. Seems like it would be fairly easy work for one of the Sony teams and a easy couple million sold.

thebigword

Oct 27, 2017
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is a glaring one.

TW3 shot the series up to new heights of popularity. TW2 is a beautiful game even today and is very different from TW3.

It is also a game that not many people played. It only launched on PC and 360 in 2011 and it would find a large number of interested new players post TW3.

I am baffled it was not remastered.

This is a good one, also. With the success of TW3, and the popular Netflix series, not remastering TW2 seems like a missed opportunity. It still looks amazing on PC, though, and if you have an Xbox One X, it's enhanced, and it looks almost as good as the PC version.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
I'm still surprised Sony never ported their remastered collections from PS3 to PS4 like God of War Collections and Ratchet & Clank Collection. Some of those games are available on PS Now, but service is still unavailable in a lot of countries, including mine.