• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which remaster was the biggest surprise absence this gen

• Mass Effect Trilogy

• Killzone Trilogy

• Super Mario 3D World

• Zelda WW & TP HD

• Resistance Trilogy

• Infamous & Infamous 2

• Dead Space Trilogy

Results are only viewable after voting.

4CornersTHSA

Jun 13, 2019
Timely thread, I was just thinking about Mass Effect today. Would love to go through that whole story again 🤞

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Crysis / Mass Effect

Crytek was over here not paying peole, canceling projects etc etc.. that's just easy money sitting on the table.

Mass Effect with all DLC and such included... I'd buy it.

MIA

Last edited:

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
It's Mass Effect and it's not even close.

*especially* after what happened with Andromeda.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mass Effect. Without a doubt. EA dropped the ball saying no one wants remasters.

Part of me is glad we didn't get them this gen. During next gen it's way more likely that we'd get remakes with completely new assets versus just an upscale and framerate boost. Sort of a Halo Anniversary vs Bioshock Remastered thing. I don't actually know anything about game dev but that just makes more sense to me in my head

OP
OP
mindsale

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Part of me is glad we didn't get them this gen. During next gen it's way more likely that we'd get remakes with completely new assets versus just an upscale and framerate boost. Sort of a Halo Anniversary vs Bioshock Remastered thing. I don't actually know anything about game dev but that just makes more sense to me in my head

You might be onto something. Though it is EA.

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
Gex. You know you want it.

I would be down for a Gex reboot in the vein of the 3D games. If they just have Gex shut up in gameplay and double down on the film/TV parody you could have something really good. Hell I think the rise of streaming could make a good plot point.

Jet Set Radio Future.

Can't believe it hasn't been ported anywhere.

Didn't the HD port of the original sell poorly despite coming out to every platform at the time? I love Jet Set Radio but I think it's fair to say the series just doesn't sell. :<

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Technically Wii U is "this gen", so Zelda and Mario were already done.

I do hope they come to Switch at some point though.

But Mass Effect for sure. I don't even know if I want to replay them, since my story I had was how I want to remember that game. But it's still one of if not my actual favourite game(s) of all time. So gimme gimme.

Ramble

Sep 21, 2019
Why aren't publishers making sure their legacy titles are available on modern systems?

I could rattle off 100 games I think should be made available to purchase on the ps4/xbox that just aren't due to... why again?

I think Nintendo is the worst for this. Why is every single Zelda and Mario game not on the Switch? Baffling.

It's like these companies don't want to make money.

Skel

Oct 27, 2017
France
nier-review-nier-gestalt-replicant.png

Both versions fully translated in English

Bring the real Nier back home

I never played any of the NieR games and this is my pick too. Steam, PlayStation 4, Switch, whatever.

Also, Metroid Prime Trilogy (+ Fusion and Zero Mission on 3DS), MotorStorm, Alpha Protocol and Viewtiful Joe.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
It's very strange that EA is just so against porting it's old games.

No skate, mass effect, mirrors edge, dragon age, crysis.

All we got was burnout for some reason.

Although I suppose they only want people playing there latest games for microtransaction purposes

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ME for sure, it's the biggest no-brainer on the list and a chance for some real goodwill for Bioware

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Mass Effect easily. I really hoped it would happen this gen, especially with my gaming PC out of commission. Never happened though :(

Didn't the HD port of the original sell poorly despite coming out to every platform at the time? I love Jet Set Radio but I think it's fair to say the series just doesn't sell. :<
Yup. Its really not surprising that Future hasn't happened when JSR didn't sell well. There's also the issue of music licensing issues, but I'd wager that's an afterthought compared to the sales issue. Pity though, I love both games.

Antipode

Jul 25, 2019
Mass Effect is the easy choice for me, but Dead Space deserves at least a couple hundred more votes. Mario and the Zeldas need to wait at least until Switch 2, if not 3.

Jun 13, 2018
yeah! NIER.

I also want from software stuff to rerelease, not necessarily remaster. just rerelease for current systems or pc. demon's souls, both otogis, sure ninja blade why not, both lost kingdoms, evergrace, forever kingdom. probably some other stuff too, full collection of armored core. chromehounds.

edit: also actually remasters of the first two way of the samurai games.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do people keep talking about this Nier franchise?

I have been hearing about this for a couple of years but is it really all that and a bag of chips?

Have I been missing out?

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
I don't even want to play them but I feel like EA should do a mass effect trilogy just to make sure people know the brand used to be good.

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
Fallout 3 with piss filter removal, qol changes from recent games and a workable W10 version w/ achievements would be great.