• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
As in the title, many a time I'll be at a stop sign waiting for traffic to pass, then a vehicle slows and brakes for me

I gesture not unlike this

tenor.gif

Like...why are you breaking right of way for me lol. I am not special, I am just another vehicle on the road with the same rules applying

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
because you arent in a 2 ton metal container designed to crush limbs outside of it

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
Because other bikers refuse to follow the rules of the road and many drivers, myself included, are used to people just bolting out into traffic expecting cars to just stop for them. Better safe than sorry at this point.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because other bikers refuse to follow the rules of the road and many drivers, myself included, are used to people just bolting out into traffic expecting cars to just stop for them.

This. I'd rather stop for a couple seconds to see if you want to go than have to spend years in court and millions in attorneys fees and insurance payouts because some dipshit decided to race out into the street and get rammed.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure of the exact scenario you are talking about though I have definitely had plenty of bikers who just blow through stop signs like they have this mixed impression they are a pedestrian or something so I do try to at least show a little more caution at an intersection if present.

But, I mean, if you are clearly stopped and obeying the traffic laws then I'm just gonna do the same.

Oct 27, 2017
I've had people on bikes just go across the stop walk even when it's red so I always stop to see if they are gonna just beeline across

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Like...why are you breaking right of way for me lol. I am not special, I am just another vehicle on the road with the same rules applying

Because not all cyclists act like this, I see people in full cycling gear not using hand signals, blowing through stops and ignoring any other basic traffic rules all the time. I have no clue what they're doing and don't want to kill them.

People also need to understand that waving anyone on be it cyclists, pedestrians or other cars is dangerous.

A cyclist in my area was killed when a driver waved her across a four lane road. The driver behind the waver went around and struck the cyclist.

A coworker had his car totaled when someone waved another car into traffic.

Oct 28, 2017
I was thinking of making a similar thread. This situation is frustrating:

I am heading towards a stop sign. I am pretty far away from it though. A car is stopped at the stop sign and it goes across my street path. They should just go. I'm nowhere near them and they have all the time to cross, and I should be stopping anyways. But they don't go. They wait until I stop at the stop sign and then they just let me go. But if they just went, I could have not stopped or just slowed down.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Too many other dumbasses out there with a death wish to assume that a biker knows what a stop sign means.

cvltclassic

Oct 27, 2017
I was just having this conversation with some coworkers at lunch today lol. It happens to me all the time too. As others have said, I'm sure most drivers just assume that cyclists won't follow the stop sign so they just wait for them to go through. It can be awkward if you're on any kind of incline and trying to balance at a standstill though.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
As in the title, many a time I'll be at a stop sign waiting for traffic to pass, then a vehicle slows and brakes for me

I gesture not unlike this

tenor.gif

Come to Toronto if you feel you need to be disregarded by drivers. They'll be more than happy to oblige.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
because you arent in a 2 ton metal container designed to crush limbs outside of it
Exactly. I hate driving past cyclists or around them. If they happen to lose a bit of control and swerve in front of me, I'm a murderer. I also have a horrible experience with cyclists. They all come off as assholes to me in my experience. Even when I go for a jog or something, sometimes I'll say good morning or whatever when we pass and they always just punk me. Fuck cyclists!

OP
OP
How About No

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
You know I can't believe these are the people I choose to complain about and not the ppl who jump right out in front of me like I'm not even there

But those ones get the bird 🖕🖕🖕

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Because other bikers refuse to follow the rules of the road and many drivers, myself included, are used to people just bolting out into traffic expecting cars to just stop for them. Better safe than sorry at this point.

This. It's just the laws of physics. If you hit my car I've got some paint/minor body damage. I hit you, that's your ass physically and I don't think I wanna live with that guilt. Rather just let you do you.

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
Why do I let pedestrians pass first when I have right of way. Why do some cars stop for me when they don't have to.

Why are some humans kind to each other instead of arseholes who think they alone own the road. We'll never know.