• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy how many of his bits can be traced back to rants on his podcast.

StickofRock

Oct 28, 2017
It was much better after he got off the me too and feminism jokes.
This was the mood on the night too(saw it live). Felt like he actually struggled for a while at the start. There was a lot of woe is me/comdians can't say shit front loaded in the set. I'm not sure if it was just the narrative of the show, but he really got going about a quarter of the way in and it turned into a great gig.

OP
OP
ldcommando

ldcommando

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Old Billy red yelling is a feature, not a bug.
Loved this special. That last bit was particularly heart breaking for me (went through something similar as a kid). Finished the special somewhat sad after that one. Easy 8 out of 10 on the whole package

Buddy1103

Jan 8, 2019
It was much better after he got off the me too and feminism jokes.
and the jokes everyone being too sensitive, is every comedian now going to do a variation of the same bit? its getting tired. yes people have things in their lives that can make them upset, and can vary in intensity depending on what happened to them, what a discovery!

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
and the jokes everyone being too sensitive, is every comedian now going to do a variation of the same bit? its getting tired. yes people have things in their lives that can make them upset, and can vary in intensity depending on what happened to them, what a discovery!

Obviously not every comedian, but the ones that have spent the last 25 years specifically telling jokes to split a crowd partly for their own amusement and partly to bring the crowd back together at the end are going to continue doing their act.

Are people going to start pretending his Illuminati routines were some insightful piece of satire or just crazy man shouting at the cloud routines to annoy some of the audience who didn't get it was an act.

It's like Stewart Lee said when someone told him they didn't like his set "what do you expect me to do about it? You bought tickets to see me, and I am me."

Last edited:

Darksol

Oct 28, 2017
Japan
Doggo story at the end made me sad, even though I already knew about it from the podcast.

Great special though.

Last edited:

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Have actually never seen Bill Burr stand-up, though have seen some youtube clips. Huge fan of Chappelle though, get similar wibe from the trailer. But this thread really sells me on the podcast, will give it a listen on the commute!
His podcast rants are hilarious

If you can overlook the typical comedian blindspots on certain things you'll love it.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
It's funny that some people get off on enjoying 'jokes' about "we should forgive Louis CK" because it gets people mad.
Like, no, that's just a horrible take.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Another comedy special for people who empathize with millionaires who can't take light criticism instead of minorities and marginalized people! Nice, we didn't have enough of those.

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
yo when he performed it live people game him a standing ovation for that joke and it very much felt like people were agreeing with it.
and no one was laughing people were just yelling "YEAH" and "HECK YES".

Even if they agree with him that 'Louie should be forgiven' I don't see how that's them finding it funny to stick to people who disagree and get them mad.

It's well known what part of Bill's fanbase consists of. But they will always cherry pick parts of his specials or podcasts that appeases their shitty views even when some of it is clearly an act.

A lot of these comedians happen to be good friends with Louie and know him personally. So it doesn't really shock me that they are batting for him. Robert Downey Jr was instrumental in getting Mel Gibson back in showbiz and people have no issue watching Ironman save the planet on here.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoy Bill Burr, but I've had to stop seeking out videos of him on YouTube because it almost always ends up filling up my recommended videos with red pill garbage.

It's ridiculous. "Oh, you watched two videos of Bill Burr on Conan? Well here's a dozen videos of BILL BURR DESTROYS SJW FEMINIST CUCKS".

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
What does Bill say here that echoes Chappelle besides the Louie stuff? I haven't watched it yet.

I was making more of a generalization. Though his original reaction to Louie getting metoo'd was changing the subject to gay people hitting on him so I'm not sure I'm super interested in his hot take

It's Bill Burr, man. You know what you're getting into with Bill.

I sure do, which is my point.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man stand-up threads on this forum are a big, big downer lol. I'm gonna start going into Marvel threads and let people know I'm not the target audience to those films.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
It's ridiculous. "Oh, you watched two videos of Bill Burr on Conan? Well here's a dozen videos of BILL BURR DESTROYS SJW FEMINIST CUCKS".

This is literally exactly what happened to me. YouTube seems hell bent on pushing viewers to right wing "entertainment."

I was so incredibly hesitant to view any review or video related to Wolfenstein Youngblood when it came out. And I remember trying to seek out reviews for X-Men Red and everything was like "SJWs have ruined comics and X-Men needs to fail!"

I feel like the only safe Bill Burr exposure I can get needs to be watching F is for Family on Netflix.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Love Old Billy Boy, so I'm definitely going to watch this at some point today. Easily my favorite comedian doing standup currently.

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
Just finished watching, fucking amazeballs. I love Bill, it's like an American radicalized version of Jack Dee.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
j3bUCOh.jpg

Meanwhile at secret comedy HQ:

"now that the Cosby plan has gone into action, we must secure the race and sex jokes. If we tarry, then the forces of fragile SJW soyboy will remove our ability to profit from Jokes forever. We must crush this or secede humor to Big Tofu, Tampons and Kleenex. We have already deployed Master Chapelle to retake the shores of Jacksonville. Brother Burr, you will retrieve Take My Wife Heights. Our partners in the Rural and Southern Laugh Factories have stayed strong and held tightly to the Darkie and Wetback Mountains. It is now or never.

And never forget our motto, brothers.

Potest non a iocus! Non vestri naturale eius debent nocere!?"