• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic as always from Bill.

I do think the whole "us poor comedians can't say anything!" bit is getting a little long in the tooth, but good stuff otherwise.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will users of this site be allowed to say they enjoyed it, or will they be banned on site like in the Chappelle thread?

When will the thread become a sensitive thread? Will there be an official announcement or thread mark?
Once the first OP-ED comes out and tells each joke in plain words without any sense of nuance this thread will become a graveyard.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Will users of this site be allowed to say they enjoyed it, or will they be banned on site like in the Chappelle thread?

When will the thread become a sensitive thread? Will there be an official announcement or thread mark?
Lol, I was too scared to say I enjoyed the Chapelle special after seeing that thread.

On a completely unrelated note I must say I did not approve of Bill's special one bit, no siree!

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
burr was an old man yelling at clouds when he was 30 years old.

I feel like he can't wait to be 90.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
im 15 mins in atm,

i noticed the audience was kind of pulling back during the metoo stuff, so he joked about people getting mad at kaep to put them at ease a bit, and then went back to the metoo stuff

just an interesting tactic i noticed to try and get the audience more comfortable with the show

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The solution to avoiding something that bothers you is obviously to also start doing the thing that bothers you

Yes, because clearly I was serious lol. No wonder you guys don't find these stand-up comedians funny. What these Netflix specials are missing are a "/s" watermark present throughout the show.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
he seemed very aimless in the first quarter of the special, but the middle and back half are all great classic burr material. the audience also didn't seem to be very connected to the first 20 minutes or so, good laughs, but not as good as later laughs. you could tell he knew the material wasn't hitting as well as he thought it would outside the US.

Lupercal

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Fantastic special, old Billy Blue Balls still got it.
Some new bits in there from the live show but crowd seemed great in London.

Darksol

Oct 28, 2017
Japan
I liked his bit about consent and rough sex and how different "no, stop" can be, especially if read back at a later date.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I liked his bit about consent and rough sex and how different "no, stop" can be, especially if read back at a later date.

While no one can say if those are the kind of "no" girls say when they accuse men of assault, it's something I've always wondered about in those cases.
Girls enjoy playing hard to get and what Burr said put the nail in the coffin with the whole judgement for having done it with multiple men already. Hilarious.

masud

Oct 31, 2017
Hilarious. The part about the argument with his wife had me in stiches.
he seemed very aimless in the first quarter of the special, but the middle and back half are all great classic burr material. the audience also didn't seem to be very connected to the first 20 minutes or so, good laughs, but not as good as later laughs. you could tell he knew the material wasn't hitting as well as he thought it would outside the US.
This is odd because he said on his podcasts that those jokes got a much better reaction on his European tour than they did in the US.

Salty_Josh

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think any comedian out there has the power Bill has to self-reflect and self-actualise. It's what I've always loved about Bill. There's something so honest and so raw about everything he says. I was going to buy tickets to this gig too, but was worried it would clash with my exams. I could've been there :/

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Do people not get that comedians don't seriously believe everything they say on stage? That they say controversial things to shock people?

I kinda hate this defense, and heard it used when it came to Chappelle's latest. Seemingly, if a comedian says something that's smart and illuminating, then it's the comedian who is smart and intelligent. But if a comedian has a take that's stupid and regressive, hey - he's just playing a bit.

Chappelle's latest stand-up had some smart stuff and some dumb stuff, and I took all of it more or less as being a reflection - albeit maybe somewhat exaggerated - version of him. I haven't watched Burr's latest stand-up, but despite liking him interviews, I can guess where he stands on certain topics that I disagree with him on.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
While no one can say if those are the kind of "no" girls say when they accuse men of assault, it's something I've always wondered about in those cases.
Girls enjoy playing hard to get and what Burr said put the nail in the coffin with the whole judgement for having done it with multiple men already. Hilarious.

flat%2C220x200%2C075%2Ct.u3.jpg

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll say that it is annoying that Bill's definition of a feminist seems to be completely based on the caricature of feminism that right-leaning people have painted.

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago

Since when did people saying they enjoyed it was bannable?

There were two separate threads on Chappelle: one for the special and one for THR (or Vice) article written about the special.

If I recall correctly, those dismissively saying they enjoyed it in THR Chappelle thread were the ones catching bans because there was an entire thread made to discuss whether you did or did not enjoy the special. Saying "I enjoyed it and saw nothing wrong with it" in THR thread isn't discussing the issues talked about in the article.

Context matters here. People in here have already commented saying they loved it. If another thread is made to tackle any controversy about the special and people come in saying, "I LOVED IT LOL FUNNIEST GUY ALIVE." Then I can kind of see why the ban was issued.

Oct 28, 2017
If people are complaining about Bill Burr being an old man yelling at the clouds...that's been his entire for act for the last 15 years.

Shaun Solo

Oct 25, 2017
This was probably my least favorite of his specials, but the last bit about Cleo was fantastic. Wish more of the special was like that.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
I'll say that it is annoying that Bill's definition of a feminist seems to be completely based on the caricature of feminism that right-leaning people have painted.

Yep, I find a lot of his older gender-related jokes funny because they usually made fun of the extreme positions and also painted them as such.
All his bits about feminism simply get the concept so very wrong that I just can't laugh about it.
The second half or 2/3 was fantastic though!