• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Bill de Blasio will announce his 2020 campaign Thursday

Oct 25, 2017
lmao why would he do this? Also I don't even think this is good election to raise your profile anymore as there are far too many voices. He literally offers nothing that the other candidates don't.

Oct 25, 2017
No clue how unpopular or popular he is, but as an outsider I have to say that someone who did this:

de Blasio will always have my respect.
He's not exactly liked in NYC, but he's not afraid to call people out on BS on Twitter. Also, he got some major props recently when he told people in Williamsburg either get the MMR vaccine or get fined.

Oct 25, 2017
lmao why would he do this? Also I don't even think this is good election to raise your profile anymore as there are far too many voices. He literally offers nothing that the other candidates don't.
I hear it's because he saw Buttigieg getting so much press and he's a mayor of a much much smaller city, so de Blasio thinks he somehow has a chance...

Oct 31, 2017
He's not exactly liked in NYC, but he's not afraid to call people out on BS on Twitter. Also, he got some major props recently when he told people in Williamsburg either get the MMR vaccine or get fined.
I like him free Pre-K and free 3 k is the greatest thing ever enacted.

Maybe running it into the ground. Take it from someone who lives here - he's awful.

Although +1 for implementing Universal Pre-K - but that's it.
Take it from someone who lives here. He's been pretty good. Free Pre-K and 3 k is a literally saving my family's ass. "That's it"? It's seriously the best idea that has been enacted in the last 50+ years. That alone is enough to make him one of the greatest mayor's this city has ever had.

Totally uninspiring as mayor, personally offputting and running for vanity and exposure now that his time in office is almost done. New Yorkers sure aren't asking him to do this, he's been testing the waters for what seems like years and no one cares. Bending over for Amazon was the last straw, your progressive rhetoric falls flat when you pull shit like that behind closed doors.

Oct 27, 2017
There's a difference between people running for president to be president, and those running to raise their national profile.

This is the latter. I expect he wants a future as senator or governor or possibly a cabinet position.

Oct 28, 2017
DeBlasio is here to win this. He's done a decent job but New York mayors have a long tradition of losing badly in Presidential runs. I'm looking forward to seeing what he offers. At the minimum I expect him to be one of the most engaging candidates.